Jump to content
  • Current Donation Goals

    • Raised $3,162.05 of $3,600 target

Cathedral at Bishop Chatard


Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, PHJIrish said:

Most years this is a close, hard fought game.  It will be interesting to see if that is the case this year.  I would guess it will be.

Appreciate the attempt to rouse some interest in this game, but I'd be surprised if Chatard stays within 4 TDs.  They don't have the cats.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TheDoctor22 said:

Appreciate the attempt to rouse some interest in this game, but I'd be surprised if Chatard stays within 4 TDs.  They don't have the cats.

Maybe

i think it depends on which cathedral team shows up.

 

vs brownsburg they had many mistakes…and I think for the first quarter or so vs Penn they weren’t in their groove either before finding themselves

 

from an outsiders perspective, cathedral can be the #1 team in the state any day of the week….but they also could show up flat and be their own worst enemy 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Maybe

i think it depends on which cathedral team shows up.

 

vs brownsburg they had many mistakes…and I think for the first quarter or so vs Penn they weren’t in their groove either before finding themselves

 

from an outsiders perspective, cathedral can be the #1 team in the state any day of the week….but they also could show up flat and be their own worst enemy 

I agree with that.  Chatard is a tough, well-coached team.  If Cathedral has some of the same mistakes they've had in recent weeks, this could be a semi-interesting game.  But Cathedral has 30+ players on their roster bigger, faster, and more athletic than everyone on Chatard's team (and most other teams in the state for that matter).  If they execute to their typical standard, this will be a running clock in the 2nd half.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Maybe

i think it depends on which cathedral team shows up.

 

vs brownsburg they had many mistakes…and I think for the first quarter or so vs Penn they weren’t in their groove either before finding themselves

 

from an outsiders perspective, cathedral can be the #1 team in the state any day of the week….but they also could show up flat and be their own worst enemy 

Yeah he's been trying to downgrade this game since the beginning of the season. 

Chatard more than held their own against a big and physical Roncalli team who I think is better up front right now than Cathedral.

Cathedral won pretty good these last two years, but those teams were two of Cathedral's better teams of all-time and both of those games were within the 4 TD margin he's predicting for this years contest. Cathedral won a hard fought contest in 2019 and lost in 2018. 

Chatard will undoubtedly play their absolute hardest as they do every game against Cathedral, and while I don't think the Trojans have the skill position players to defend the Irish for 4 quarters, they aren't going to lay down. I think Cathedral wins 35-17.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, TheDoctor22 said:

I agree with that.  Chatard is a tough, well-coached team.  If Cathedral has some of the same mistakes they've had in recent weeks, this could be a semi-interesting game.  But Cathedral has 30+ players on their roster bigger, faster, and more athletic than everyone on Chatard's team (and most other teams in the state for that matter).  If they execute to their typical standard, this will be a running clock in the 2nd half.

Neither of the last two games came anywhere close to a running clock and this Cathedral team right now is nowhere near as good as any of the Cathedral teams the last two years. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Neither of the last two games came anywhere close to a running clock and this Cathedral team right now is nowhere near as good as any of the Cathedral teams the last two years. 

Cathedral was up by 28 points at one point in the 2nd quarter last year.  Isn't the running clock rule anytime a team is 35+ points in the 2nd half?

But point taken, a running clock prediction was dramatic.  But I still don't think it'll be especially competitive, similar to the last two years.  And my comments have been more in frustration of what's going on at Chatard and not intended to down play the game or Cathedral's team.  Sorry to strike a nerve.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, TheDoctor22 said:

But point taken, a running clock prediction was dramatic.  But I still don't think it'll be especially competitive, similar to the last two years.  And my comments have been more in frustration of what's going on at Chatard and not intended to down play the game or Cathedral's team.  Sorry to strike a nerve.

What's going on at Chatard that's allowing you to downplay them this year?

They beat a very strong Brebeuf team in week 1 and played a very good Roncalli team to a near draw last week? They are heavy favorites to win 3A again this year. 

Edited by Footballking16
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Footballking16 said:

What's going on at Chatard that's allowing you to downplay them this year?

Nothing with the football team's performance specifically.  I agree they've been tough out of the gate this year.

I'm not a fan (to put it mildly) of a few of the people calling the shots within the school.  I won't go into all of the details, but I think they've done a terrible job of getting CYO kids in the doors (Cathedral has done a great job on the other hand).  I was told they could barely field a freshman team the last few seasons, and I know other sports are struggling too.  Frustrating to watch for a long time fan and a big reason why I think this game continues to get less and less competitive until something changes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good to see some spirited conversation about this game.  Catholics vs. Catholics is never easy.

I do hope the Irish are healthier than last week.  Lots of good players didn't play.  Although it did give some young players a chance to get some valuable experience.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Maybe

i think it depends on which cathedral team shows up.

 

vs brownsburg they had many mistakes…and I think for the first quarter or so vs Penn they weren’t in their groove either before finding themselves

 

from an outsiders perspective, cathedral can be the #1 team in the state any day of the week….but they also could show up flat and be their own worst enemy 

From observations the Irish Offense has played very well in all 3 games. There are things to keep learning along the O-line (that will come with experience and as they continue to gel). Even with some players dinged up the Offense has looked pretty good. It will be a very scary offense when healthy with the depth and talent and as the O-line grows and gets better each week.

 

Defensively they have been going through some growing pains. Which is not unusual when you are replacing 9 of 11 starters. As I said in a previous post Cathedral week 9 or 10 will be totally different than current as experience is gained and coaching mistakes take place.

13 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

Good to see some spirited conversation about this game.  Catholics vs. Catholics is never easy.

I do hope the Irish are healthier than last week.  Lots of good players didn't play.  Although it did give some young players a chance to get some valuable experience.

Yes definitely builds depth. Very impressed with the depth and talent at TE this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

Where are all the Trojan fans?  I can't believe they're this quiet the day before the game.

I'm sure we'll see a few posts from IP addresses at 56th street and keystone/Kessler tomorrow afternoon. 

Obviously have a lot of respect for the Irish, hoping for a good, injury-free game. Atmosphere should be electric as always. Are you going to make it out to Alumni Field PHJ?

2 hours ago, Tippy said:

All the Trojan fans know that they are going to get beat 28-14 🙂

Maybe. Better than 47-10. 😉

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, TheDoctor22 said:

I'm sure we'll see a few posts from IP addresses at 56th street and keystone/Kessler tomorrow afternoon. 

Obviously have a lot of respect for the Irish, hoping for a good, injury-free game. Atmosphere should be electric as always. Are you going to make it out to Alumni Field PHJ?

Maybe. Better than 47-10. 😉

Oh, I'll be there.  It's a nice sunny day and I don't miss too many.  I hope to see a lot of Irish fans too, and they will be there tonight.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

and those who can't make it can watch it on IHSAAtv

The game will be on channel 40 WHMB at 7PM on the net and 10PM on a delayed basis on TV.  It's also on SRN network, and both are free. It's also on 1260AM radio live.

Edited by PHJIrish
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38-0 Irish.

Cathedral came out swinging right out of the gate. Down 14-0, Chatard was able to put a couple good drives together sandwiched into between a Cathedral turnover, but stalled each time. Irish skill position players too much for Chatard and a pick 6 to end the half ensured a running 2nd half clock. Pretty ho-hum from there.

Can’t find much to nitpick other than a couple senseless penalties. Chatard will be fine rest the way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/6/2022 at 1:37 PM, TheDoctor22 said:

Nothing with the football team's performance specifically.  I agree they've been tough out of the gate this year.

I'm not a fan (to put it mildly) of a few of the people calling the shots within the school.  I won't go into all of the details, but I think they've done a terrible job of getting CYO kids in the doors (Cathedral has done a great job on the other hand).  I was told they could barely field a freshman team the last few seasons, and I know other sports are struggling too.  Frustrating to watch for a long time fan and a big reason why I think this game continues to get less and less competitive until something changes.

Glad our defense woke up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...