Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Gibson Southern (4-0) @ Southridge (4-0)

Southridge has been playing very well. The thing is that they have not played anyone that I think is near Gibson Southern's quality. The SR defense has been solid but GS has a very stout offensive line. Can Southridge get pressure on the QB? This could be key to slowing down the GS offense. GS looks like they have good speed running the ball. Hard to judge on film but SR is going to have to swarm to the ball.

• Like 1

Southridge's coach Scott Buening has a way of getting the absolute best out of his players every single year. Never really has any guys who are Next Level players, but just has a bunch of dudes who want to win. This game should be good, but the underappreciated aspect of this game is the coaching. In my "biased" opinion, these are the top 2 coaches in southern indiana.

1 hour ago, RoadRunner said:

Southridge's coach Scott Buening has a way of getting the absolute best out of his players every single year. Never really has any guys who are Next Level players, but just has a bunch of dudes who want to win. This game should be good, but the underappreciated aspect of this game is the coaching. In my "biased" opinion, these are the top 2 coaches in southern indiana.

Definitely a great coach.  I obviously have Hart as #1.  Coach B I think is 2A to Coach Wilk at HH being 2B

coaching is just so big of a difference at the smaller high school levels and I think that’s why we see a lot of reloading between these 3 teams

And if I’m not mistaken, all 3 started at their programs in 2012/2013.  It was almost a changing of eras in the pocket when it happened.  I believe the entire PAC changed coaches at least once between 2012 and 2014.  

To add….

isn’t the Mt Vernon coach a Coach B guy?  I believe I recall reading he was once the assistant there

20 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Definitely a great coach.  I obviously have Hart as #1.  Coach B I think is 2A to Coach Wilk at HH being 2B

coaching is just so big of a difference at the smaller high school levels and I think that’s why we see a lot of reloading between these 3 teams

And if I’m not mistaken, all 3 started at their programs in 2012/2013.  It was almost a changing of eras in the pocket when it happened.  I believe the entire PAC changed coaches at least once between 2012 and 2014.  

To add….

isn’t the Mt Vernon coach a Coach B guy?  I believe I recall reading he was once the assistant there

Yes sir. Lucas Messmer was a 2012 Southridge grad. he did some coaching in the B-Town area during college, came back to Southridge to learn under Murphy and Buening for a few years (While also teaching at Wood Memorial), and got his shot for MV a couple years ago! Give him a few years, but his name will be high up on that list soon.

3 hours ago, RoadRunner said:

Yes sir. Lucas Messmer was a 2012 Southridge grad. he did some coaching in the B-Town area during college, came back to Southridge to learn under Murphy and Buening for a few years (While also teaching at Wood Memorial), and got his shot for MV a couple years ago! Give him a few years, but his name will be high up on that list soon.

Oh wow.  Reminds me of one of my favorite Coaches at GS when I played. Coach Paridaen (Now HC at North).  I believe he was living in Evansville and was teaching/coaching at Eastern Greene for a few years.  

coaches who do that to get their foot in the door are a cut above most.  Takes a lot of commitment to make those long drives every day.  Turns your entire fall into 12/13/14 hour days