Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sun Belt Conference

BTF

I'll get roasted for this, so bring it on and let me have it. It wouldn't surprise me if Marshall goes undefeated this season. If they do, and that's a big if, they will have beaten both Notre Dame and App State. Playoff consideration? Please tell me I'm not the only one who thought Marshall looked like a damn good team on Saturday. 

This receipt will go in someone's file............risk taken. 

Sun Belt is a very tough mid-major conference.  With the transfer portal like it is, players from really good programs end up at mid-majors and I don't think they are as intimidated.  Marshall roster picked up 24 transfers during the off-season......transfers from Florida State, Penn State, Texas Tech, etc.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34570748/marshall-coach-charles-huff-says-intimidation-window-traditional-powerhouses-notre-dame

Now, should they have beaten ND, especially in their house????

1 hour ago, BTF said:

I'll get roasted for this, so bring it on and let me have it. It wouldn't surprise me if Marshall goes undefeated this season. If they do, and that's a big if, they will have beaten both Notre Dame and App State. Playoff consideration? Please tell me I'm not the only one who thought Marshall looked like a damn good team on Saturday. 

I agree that Marshall is good. Coach Huff has worked hard on the field and in the recruiting phase. Several names that played a significant role Saturday are on this list. If he can sustain this for multiple seasons before being plucked by another program, they will get some attention. 
https://247sports.com/college/marshall/Season/2022-Football/TransferPortal/?institutionkey=24052

Any college team could have given Notre Dame a good game Saturday.  The effort level was about as low as I've ever seen it in ND Stadium, and I've seen a lot of games up there, in person and on the tube.

Yes, Marshall looked good but we must take into consideration the team they were playing.  That was not a typical Notre Dame effort, especially at home.  

1 hour ago, PHJIrish said:

Any college team could have given Notre Dame a good game Saturday.  The effort level was about as low as I've ever seen it in ND Stadium, and I've seen a lot of games up there, in person and on the tube.

Yes, Marshall looked good but we must take into consideration the team they were playing.  That was not a typical Notre Dame effort, especially at home.  

Did O$U beat ND twice?

4 hours ago, temptation said:

Sun Belt > Pac 12?

Was halfway kidding but looking at Sagarin if you combined the two conferences…

1.  Utah - 9

2.  Oregon - 14

3.  USC - 15

4.  Washington - 21

5.  Oregon State - 35

6.  App State - 42

7.  Arizona State - 43

8.  Marshall - 44

9.  Washington State - 50

10.  UCLA - 53

11.   Louisiana - 54

12.  California - 59

13.  James Madison - 62

14.  Arizona - 65

15.  Stanford - 69

16.  Georgia Southern - 78

17.  Georgia State - 96

18.  Coastal Carolina - 100

19.  Colorado - 103

20.  Old Dominion - 110

21.  Southern Miss - 113

22.  Troy - 115

23.  ULM - 132

24.  Texas State - 168

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Those are Sagarin RATINGS.  To put it in perspective, the two teams you mentioned (Oregon and Arizona) would be approximately 10 points apart on a neutral field.

Not sure where Arizona comes into play. Sagarin has Georgia at #2 and Oregon at #14. Georgia beat Oregon by 46. 

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Not sure where Arizona comes into play. Sagarin has Georgia at #2 and Oregon at #14. Georgia beat Oregon by 46. 

Ah, now I get it.  Thought you were referring to the list I posted.  My bad.  

So SAMFORD > Oregon?  Georgia only beat them by 33.

This is a fruitless exercise...

On 9/12/2022 at 3:31 PM, BTF said:

Just lost to 0-2 Bowling Green. Bowling Green lost to FCS Eastern Kentucky last week.

9 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Just lost to 0-2 Bowling Green. Bowling Green lost to FCS Eastern Kentucky last week.

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Normally when I make a bold prediction, it backfires. Marshall experienced the same emotional letdown yesterday that the Irish experienced the week before.