Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional 30 Vincennes Lincoln (4-5) at Gibson Southern (9-0)

These guys wish they were in 3A filling their trophy cases.  It’s comical.

16 minutes ago, tango said:

LOL. Better defenses. You guys can now coast to Sectional title. I hear they had almost 600 yds.?

But weak offenses.  No style points in the tournament!

17 minutes ago, tango said:

LOL. Better defenses. You guys can now coast to Sectional title. I hear they had almost 600 yds.?

Yeah that mouth breather Gilles rolled up in my DMs with that fact…How do you let that guy work with kids?  He is an embarrassment.  

20 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Coast? 

Owen Valley is 10-0 

Winner of next week surely coasts to the title though 

You guys will kill OV.

10 minutes ago, Esso Ayche said:

Your mom had 600 yards

🙃

She might have had 800 and she has a bad hip. LOL

• Haha 2

The 3rd down GS converted deep in their own territory to start the 4th quarter was a major moment in the game. All the momentum had swung VL's way after they cut the lead to 7.  If Lincoln gets that stop to force a punt it's hard telling where the game goes from there. 

Instead GS converts and that's all their offense needed to move down and score again. And it was all Titans the rest of the way. 

13 minutes ago, Esso Ayche said:

I don't want to give away any game strategy but GS pulled all their defensive starters midway thought the second quarter and played the frosh kids. Something about protesting the all in tournament, I dunno.

Or not. Just what I heard from a parent that was there. 

LOL. At least somebody has a sense of humor..

7 minutes ago, SEAL_63 said:

The 3rd down GS converted deep in their own territory to start the 4th quarter was a major moment in the game. All the momentum had swung VL's way after they cut the lead to 7.  If Lincoln gets that stop to force a punt it's hard telling where the game goes from there. 

Instead GS converts and that's all their offense needed to move down and score again. And it was all Titans the rest of the way. 

Also on the big 4th down run by Hunt the ball hadn't been blown ready...our kids weren't even ready.  The refs even said they should have called it back.  Probably a 4 score game then. 

2 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Also on the trick play for the long score...VL only had 6 guys on the line.  Refs also admitted this miss....that's two of the three long scores.

I’ve been following along all the different threads tonight and continue to read your messages making excuses and trying to belittle what sounds like an incredible game by both teams. Just go drink the crystal clear waters in Gibson county and enjoy the opportunity to play another week. 

Whine @$$

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, FootballFan2000 said:

I’ve been following along all the different threads tonight and continue to read your messages making excuses and trying to belittle what sounds like an incredible game by both teams. Just go drink the crystal clear waters in Gibson county and enjoy the opportunity to play another week. 

Whine @$$

Thanks for the advice.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, FootballFan2000 said:

Whine @$$

Who told you about our special water?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Cappy said:

Winner next week might get Pike Central in the championship…

Honestly….I would love to see it

pike central has had so many coaching changes and bad years….they deserve some momentum and a chance at a sectional championship might be just that.  I’m not sure Pike Central has ever played 12 games in a football season 

13 minutes ago, combthehair said:

Oh and good win GS. But not unexpected. 

VL. You’ll are going to be a force next year in the SIAC. You have potential to win the conference. 

Tables might be turned next year for sure.  This year people were saying “oh man tough draw for VL. They did not want to face GS in round 1”  next year could easily be the opposite where GS is the underdog and us fans were wishing they were facing someone else.

as for the SIAC vs GS debates…they are always fun lol.  I think it’s amusing that in season the SIAC fans were hyping VL a lot and VL was giving everyone but Jasper a game.  Could have easily been an 8-1 or 7-2 team

……but the moment they lose to GS it’s “Omg how could GS let VL score 42 points” as if VL was Princeton or something.  I’m sure in a few years they will come back to this game and say “oh they were only the 7th place SIAC team” for whatever argument that fits their narrative 

• Haha 1