Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NE Indiana Sectional Finals

Let me preface this with I do enjoy when my Alma Mater is competitive…but

You can have all the noise on Twitter by players and coaches, you can have the documentary crew following you, you can have the coordinated coaching outfits. 

If you can’t instill the discipline to not false start, to not take bad unsportsmanlike penalties, and can’t handle adversity you get beat by the established program who even when they make big errors can right the ship when it counts.

I knew once the Legends didn’t put the game away after the INT in the End zone, they were in trouble. 

Snider 25-21 over North Side - I am still trying to figure out how the Panthers won this game. Turnover battle they lost, special teams they lost, line of scrimmage I thought North Side won, hard to figure out. I will say this, North is very poorly coached, head coach lacks discipline, hence his players do as well. North had so many penalties, Coach out arguing in the field, players taking personal fouls, just poorly coached, guess that is my answer.

Luers 35-21 over Eastside, I called this all along, Luers controlled this game. Tape doesn’t lie, didn’t care less when people were saying Eastside didn’t lose much from last year, yes they did!!! Luers will annihilate Bluffton next week than the real fun will begin for them as semi-state will be tight

Yorktown 42-41 over Norwell, Knights up 21-0 quickly and then it slowly slips away. Not sure how they lose this game, but they did

Columbia City 27-21 over Leo, I thought the Eagles would win this game much more easily than they did

Carroll 34-17 over Warsaw, much closer than expected, makes one a little nervous for the Chargers going into next week

Adams Central 41-13, a drubbing as I thought, Jets on their way to state 

Edited by Komets2727

The Legends had more talent..their coaches have alot of heart..hence their antics? Them not being able to spell their star players hurt them as well as the 4star literally only left when he cramped up..Panthers walked (quietly) n the legends talked..

Coach k knew what calhoun Street needed this fall..

Norwell gave it away..4qtrs..something chatard will probably show again next week..

Eagles are on a mission after squeaking past wayne..they have mojo..

Dinan knows the chargers have their work cut out for them yet will relish adding some hardware against the tigers..bart ball still has a place in ind football..Dinan beat Jeff when they had NFL talent two decades ago..

Bluffton pulls it off! They won rd1 against a gr8 group of kids so its only right they pull off the upset..

AC keeps making me a believer..all they do is win

The Columbia City-Leo game was an absolute classic. Everything you’d want in a title game. Hats off to Leo and Doerffler for their halftime adjustments. You could tell CC was a bit out of sorts when they went into more of a spread and zone/read attack in the second half. They came to play and really, really played well enough to win had CC not made a couple miraculous plays.

But what else can you say about these CC kids? They don’t wilt. They don’t quit. They just believe that they can and will get it done in the end. Stratton Fuller is THAT DUDE and this team just embodies everything that Brett has poured into this program for nine years. He’s as genuine as it gets and the guy you see in interviews on tv is the same guy you see walking the halls at school or at the grocery store. Just really, really happy right now for the kids, the coaches, and the community. It’s been a fun ride.

10 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

Luers 35-21 over Eastside, I called this all along, Luers controlled this game. Tape doesn’t lie, didn’t care less when people were saying Eastside didn’t lose much from last year, yes they did!!! Luers will annihilate Bluffton next week than the real fun will begin for them as semi-state will be tight. 

It’s a travesty that you comment about this game without mentioning that the Blazer’s starting QB went out in the 2nd quarter with a torn ACL while Eastside was in the lead. Shame on you.

Luers attacked Eastside at their weakest point (their pass defense), and that proved to be key. Can’t help but imagine that if the QB stays in the game, Blazer’s style of play would have paid off in the second half and it would have been a closer game. The outcome is the outcome, and that can’t be changed, but this Luers team is not the juggernaut you claim them to be.

Glad to see a team from NE Indiana continue on in the 2A tourney, but I wish it was a team with more class to do it. 

9 minutes ago, Bunch Right Red Money said:

Glad to see a team from NE Indiana continue on in the 2A tourney, but I wish it was a team with more class to do it. 

Luers lacks class? Never heard or seen that in four decades. I'm curious what you saw to come to that conclusion. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BTF said:

Luers lacks class? Never heard or seen that in four decades. I'm curious what you saw to come to that conclusion. 

Fair question - there were 4 or 5 late hit/unsportsmanlike penalties throughout the night, but fully understand that that may be more of a personal discipline issue. I should clarify that the majority of the players on the team don’t fit this statement, and maybe it only applies to a select few who played beyond the whistle. #5 and #1 for Luers, among others, were great examples of talented and respectful young men. Thanks for the question.

24 minutes ago, BTF said:

Luers is solid, but I thought they were more of a juggernaut last year.

Last years’ team was one of the best 2A teams to come through the area in recent seasons… it’s always a huge achievement when a small school puts the SAC on notice. This years’ team seems about two steps behind 2021’s team; lacks a lot of the spark you normally see, but still has great athletes. 

1 hour ago, Bunch Right Red Money said:

It’s a travesty that you comment about this game without mentioning that the Blazer’s starting QB went out in the 2nd quarter with a torn ACL while Eastside was in the lead. Shame on you.

Luers attacked Eastside at their weakest point (their pass defense), and that proved to be key. Can’t help but imagine that if the QB stays in the game, Blazer’s style of play would have paid off in the second half and it would have been a closer game. The outcome is the outcome, and that can’t be changed, but this Luers team is not the juggernaut you claim them to be.

I wasn’t attacking Eastside in the least, rather responding to another poster that said Eastside was as good as they were last year, which is clearly not the case, neither is Luers. It was a hard fought game, maybe one that should be happening in a Regional instead of a Sectional.

Lastly, you want to see bad sportsmanship, go watch the North vs Snider game with North losing their cool from the head coach down and costs itself the game.

Edited by Komets2727

4 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

Lastly, you want to see bad sportsmanship, go watch the North vs Snider game with North losing their cool from the head coach down and costs itself the game.

Did the Legends coach have a leg to stand on when arguing? Couldn't quite understand why he was so upset..

1 minute ago, Justasportsfan said:

Did the Legends coach have a leg to stand on when arguing? Couldn't quite understand why he was so upset..

No, QB was scrambling and threw the ball 10 yards out of bounds as he was throwing a deep ball to a receiver that was covered by 3 Panther players. Coach was claiming pass interference.  Coach ran into the field arguing with officials and coaches ended up delaying the game for 5 minutes and only received a sideline warning instead of a penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct. His players started melting down as well and took personal foul penalties as well. 

2 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

No, QB was scrambling and threw the ball 10 yards out of bounds as he was throwing a deep ball to a receiver that was covered by 3 Panther players. Coach was claiming pass interference.  Coach ran into the field arguing with officials and coaches ended up delaying the game for 5 minutes and only received a sideline warning instead of a penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct. His players started melting down as well and took personal foul penalties as well. 

Ahh..that pass appeared to be uncatchable (if thats a word)..seen the flex from one of their leaders after refs told them to not taunt or celebrate in the direction of the other team..the illegal grounding call was close..

18 minutes ago, Bunch Right Red Money said:

Fair question - there were 4 or 5 late hit/unsportsmanlike penalties throughout the night, but fully understand that that may be more of a personal discipline issue. I should clarify that the majority of the players on the team don’t fit this statement, and maybe it only applies to a select few who played beyond the whistle. #5 and #1 for Luers, among others, were great examples of talented and respectful young men. Thanks for the question.

No one likes to see unsportsmanlike penalties. One way to look at is that Luers get's chippy when they play Eastside. That's a compliment to the Blazers. They've gotten underneath Luers skin as a program and have been a thorn in their side for four years now. 

13 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

Uncatchable ball, was shocked to hear so many North fans booing. Easy no call for the refs. Stretch Armstrong is the only person I know who could have made that catch, and I'm pretty sure he wasn't on the field last night.

I guess one thing I don’t understand is how some are praising North’s coaches. Exact opposite from me, they cost their players the game. Watching their antics on the sidelines and then the head coach basically standing in the middle of the field arguing for 5 minutes reeks of a team lacking discipline, which proved out with their players taking key penalties throughout the game. I really thought North outplayed Snider in the game and their own coaches stole it from them

Edited by Komets2727

8 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

I guess one thing I don’t understand is how some are praising North’s coaches. Exact opposite from me, they cost their players the game. Watching their antics on the sidelines and then the head coach basically standing in the middle of the field arguing for 5 minutes reeks of a team lacking discipline, which proved out with their players taking key penalties throughout the game. I really thought North outplayed Snider in the game and their own coaches stole it from them

North's coaches and players are chippy when they play Snider. That's both understandable and human nature in my opinion. They're tired of being second best in this "rivalry." North Side has three sectional titles, but have not had one in 32 years. During that time, Snider has won 24 and have a grand total of 28. So yeah, they might be a little envious and pissed. 

From a coaching standpoint, there were times where the North Side defense had an answer for everything Snider threw their way. There were also many times when North's offense sliced through the Snider D like butter. Good game planning?

1 hour ago, BTF said:

North's coaches and players are chippy when they play Snider. That's both understandable and human nature in my opinion. They're tired of being second best in this "rivalry." North Side has three sectional titles, but have not had one in 32 years. During that time, Snider has won 24 and have a grand total of 28. So yeah, they might be a little envious and pissed. 

From a coaching standpoint, there were times where the North Side defense had an answer for everything Snider threw their way. There were also many times when North's offense sliced through the Snider D like butter. Good game planning?

Their play calling was superb..attacking Snider weak links..over n over..they seemed very confident the game was theirs..makes me wonder if that's why they didn't feel the need kick or punt..the coaches have been boisterous all year yet as u stated,  they get "jacked" for snider..and that led to their demise..Snider staff gets credit for keeping everyone calm n collected..legends swung for knock outs while panthers delivered body blows..yet without their penalties the final score may have read differently this morning 

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Good game planning, yes, costing your team the game with being undisciplined, hell yes

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BTF said:

Uncatchable ball, was shocked to hear so many North fans booing. Easy no call for the refs. Stretch Armstrong is the only person I know who could have made that catch, and I'm pretty sure he wasn't on the field last night.

No such thing in HS Football as an "uncatchable ball"..  just letting you know!

That rule is a college and NFL interpretation.  What you see on this level is a different, more rudimentary game. 

Examples: DPI; until this season...Intentional Grounding via the passer and the ability for a defender to 'defend/touch a receiver' downfield prior to the pass. 

46 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

No such thing in HS Football as an "uncatchable ball"..  just letting you know!

That rule is a college and NFL interpretation.  What you see on this level is a different, more rudimentary game. 

Examples: DPI; until this season...Intentional Grounding via the passer and the ability for a defender to 'defend/touch a receiver' downfield prior to the pass. 

So the Legends coach has a chance here? 

How many other people think Coach Johnson didn’t know it was 4th down on that last play. Not sure he knew he lost a down to the intentional grounding penalty. 

North go up to the line fast and called a play like their season wasn’t on the line and it was just any play. 

15 minutes ago, Justasportsfan said:

So the Legends coach has a chance here? 

Yes he does.  But probably UNAWARE of the rule... I cannot say he wasn't though. 

Either way.  The inability to convert PAT's or ball control/time management at the end... doomed the Legends.  

6 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

As @Yuccaguysaid, the high school rule on DPI does not include a specific provision about uncatchability. However, there is no foul for DPI until the ball is in the air, and if the QB is throwing the ball well out of bounds, no one is going to call DPI because any contact did not prevent the receiver from getting to the pass. So, if the North coach was complaining that it should have been DPI, then no, he doesn’t have a leg to stand on.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

This^^^

North’s Coaching was their biggest weakness this season…but they had so much talent that it covered their flaws