Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

17 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

Wow...just say EXACTLY what you are hinting at!   

The "micro aggressive" deference is obvious to anyone with a brain.

City = those guys?

County = guys 'like the majority"?

This has been a running joke for years and years from a thread. I'm sure someone else can explain it but this is just a joke

Just now, WWFan said:

This has been a running joke for years and years from a thread. I'm sure someone else can explain it but this is just a joke

I understand.. but the 'audience' doesn't see these comments as a joke!  It's rather disconcerning and a slur...no matter others see it.  

22 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

City = those guys?

I think he's joking and not hinting at anything nefarious.  @AG's from the Pioneer contingent which often ended up on the threads back in the day with the LCC folks; for obvious reasons.  The city speed / county speed discourse harkens back to the 2011 season when LCC was gearing up to play Scecina.  Recall that Lafayette-area speedster Danny Anthrop was burning up the gridiron in his senior year that year.  In the run-up to the title game, there was some inference from a couple Scecina posters that, while LCC had speed, they had not seen/experienced the "city speed" that Scecina had ... [edit: note that this was the reference used by the Scecina folks themselves].  Anthrop torched Scecina in the state title game that year for over 250 yards and three TDs including something like a 70-yard TD romp on LCC's first play from scrimmage as LCC easily dominated 38-7.  That launched a whole genre of city/county speed jokes that has been a staple among the Lafayette crowd and others on GID for the past decade or so.

Edited by foxbat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, foxbat said:

I think he's joking and not hinting at anything nefarious.  @AG's from the Pioneer contingent which often ended up on the threads back in the day with the LCC folks; for obvious reasons.  The city speed / county speed discourse harkens back to the 2011 season when LCC was gearing up to play Scecina.  Recall that Lafayette-area speedster Danny Anthrop was burning up the gridiron in his senior year that year.  In the run-up to the title game, there was some inference from a couple Scecina posters that, while LCC had speed, they had not seen/experienced the "city speed" that Scecina had.  Anthrop torched Scecina in the state title game that year for over 250 yards and three TDs including something like a 70-yard TD romp on LCC's first play from scrimmage as LCC easily dominated 38-7.  That launched a whole genre of city/county speed jokes that has been a staple among the Lafayette crowd and others on GID for the past decade or so.

That's my recollection as well. 

2 minutes ago, foxbat said:

I think he's joking and not hinting at anything nefarious.  @AG's from the Pioneer contingent which often ended up on the threads back in the day with the LCC folks; for obvious reasons.  The city speed / county speed discourse harkens back to the 2011 season when LCC was gearing up to play Scecina.  Recall that Lafayette-area speedster Danny Anthrop was burning up the gridiron in his senior year that year.  In the run-up to the title game, there was some inference from a couple Scecina posters that, while LCC had speed, they had not seen/experienced the "city speed" that Scecina had ... [edit: note that this was the reference used by the Scecina folks themselves].  Anthrop torched Scecina in the state title game that year for over 250 yards and three TDs including something like a 70-yard TD romp on LCC's first play from scrimmage as LCC easily dominated 38-7.  That launched a whole genre of city/county speed jokes that has been a staple among the Lafayette crowd and others on GID for the past decade or so.

No more votes for the day...

But @foxbatand @Lysander...yall know that I understand the comments.   I just wish that there was a more defined and polite way to say a different perspective upon the game was being imployed by different schools.  It upsets me when we look at the "abilities and familial DNA" of a player as the reason for success....rather than the system that is in place.

Example: Larry Joe Bird.   He was a bad man!  He was looked upon as a certain type of player for one reason, and one reason only....but we all are patently aware he was special....but had a different "hue" in a time of change... 

8 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

No more votes for the day...

But @foxbatand @Lysander...yall know that I understand the comments.   I just wish that there was a more defined and polite way to say a different perspective upon the game was being imployed by different schools.  It upsets me when we look at the "abilities and familial DNA" of a player as the reason for success....rather than the system that is in place.

Example: Larry Joe Bird.   He was a bad man!  He was looked upon as a certain type of player for one reason, and one reason only....but we all are patently aware he was special....but had a different "hue" in a time of change... 

U r entitled to ur opinion.......

41 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

City = those guys?

Com’on Yuccas, know your GID history. Several years ago when LCC and Scecina played at state one of their players posted saying LCC couldn’t handle their city speed. And he’s black. 

20 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

Com’on Yuccas, know your GID history. Several years ago when LCC and Scecina played at state one of their players posted saying LCC couldn’t handle their city speed. And he’s black. 

I am black... it's NOT an excuse

3 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

Yup.  And I'll die on this one!  

I am all about equal treatment, on and off the field.  It is education based athletics!  No gray area at all!

I think everyone can agree w that... ur offended.... cuz ur opinion is based on a higher moral authority than the young man who made it?

Just now, BendNotBreak said:

I think everyone can agree w that... ur offended.... cuz ur opinion is based on a higher moral authority than the young man who made it?

Nope.  Just an official that looks at an equal playing field that may/may not be apparent to those in the stands.  

I have flagged/ejected those who are "like me" for their actions/words that were offensive to others....and I sleep well each night after having done so.  

3 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

Nope.  Just an official that looks at an equal playing field that may/may not be apparent to those in the stands.  

I have flagged/ejected those who are "like me" for their actions/words that were offensive to others....and I sleep well each night after having done so.  

Of course u would... u r a respected  official... the young man who started it was making a joke.... u don't c it that way....  jmho

3 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

Of course u would... u r a respected  official... the young man who started it was making a joke.... u don't c it that way....  jmho

I appreciate that. 

And of course I respect your understanding of why I feel that way.   With that...let's get back to the Regionals next week and enjoy IHSAA FB and all it gives to us!

26 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

I appreciate that. 

And of course I respect your understanding of why I feel that way.   With that...let's get back to the Regionals next week and enjoy IHSAA FB and all it gives to us!

it was a freaking great stereo type based joke!!  Progress........👍

2 hours ago, Yuccaguy said:

I am black... it's NOT an excuse

I respect your stance, I swear to God I do. But the fact remains the original phrase came from their star running back. I don’t think he meant anything controversial by it, and don’t think anyone else does either. 
2nd and foremost players shouldn’t be posting on the GID. STATE LAW. ✌️💙

• Like 1

On 11/5/2022 at 1:45 PM, Yuccaguy said:

City = those guys?

It was a joke based on the Scecina/LCC threads from over a decade ago, as other posters have stated. It was definitely not meant to be discriminatory in any way, shape, or form, nor would I have made the comment if I had known that there would be a possibility of anybody even thinking that. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, AG said:

It was a joke based on the Scecina/LCC threads from over a decade ago, as other posters have stated. It was definitely not meant to be discriminatory in any way, shape, or form, nor would I have made the comment if I had known that there would be a possibility of anybody even thinking that. 

It’s my 2nd favorite GID post as far as being kinda funny. 
#1 will always be the Liptons guy Puffs saying North Davies could compete with LCC in 2009! 
99% of the GID knows you meant no harm

31 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

It’s my 2nd favorite GID post as far as being kinda funny. 
#1 will always be the Liptons guy Puffs saying North Davies could compete with LCC in 2009! 
99% of the GID knows you meant no harm

That was a classic! A lot of those threads were a lot of fun back then. I remember the 2008 Sheridan/LCC thread being especially rowdy.

On 11/5/2022 at 1:45 PM, Yuccaguy said:

City = those guys?

You'll have to ask the Scecina fans if it was meant to be a racial joke or not. Honestly, I never even remotely thought of it as being a racial joke, but I see it now that's it's been explained to me. I just always took it as a hilariously asinine comment.

33 minutes ago, AG said:

You'll have to ask the Scecina fans if it was meant to be a racial joke or not. Honestly, I never even remotely thought of it as being a racial joke, but I see it now that's it's been explained to me. I just always took it as a hilariously asinine comment.

How about we drop this entire thing at this point.

I really don't need to expound on how others may/may not interpret things like others....especially if the " basis" of the discussion isn't necessarily 'kosher' to start with...

• Like 2