Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PLAC-MSC 2023

3 hours ago, WWFan said:

How PC scrimmage go?

Our numbers are down significantly this year.  We only have 32 on our roster.  Therefore, we are trying to build some depth and played our starters a minimal number of reps.

As a whole, we were pleased.  Backfield is still solid with Guilliume returning, as well as Edwards.  Edwards played wing last year and has moved to fullback this year with a new wing who is a sophomore.

Line play was pretty good, we return 2 starters and 2 with some experience there.

Defensively, we forced Southridge to drive on us twice with our starters in the game.  We return about 6 starters on that side of the ball.

Southridge is putting all of their pieces together...QB is a junior who played well for them last year, 2 wings who are quick and run hard.  Line is a little questionable but Coach B will get them lined out.  They have a tough task this week going into the Jungle to play Heritage Hills.

If we stay healthy, we could have another good season.

6 hours ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL: Silver Creek relishing its new field, stadium |  Sports | newsandtribune.com

image.jpeg.7a96a8028a4caf375b599680246ea851.jpeg

image.jpeg.233e11507a5acbbb67374e81dfd37028.jpeg

Silver Creeks football stadium looks great. 

My son played on it this past weekend for youth football. The pictures don't do it justice. It is a beautiful field. However, the facilities are not complete. There was one port-a-potty for the entire stadium and the parking was an absolute nightmare. And that was for a youth game. It will be some of the best facilities in southern Indiana when it's done. 

10 hours ago, boilerfan87 said:

My son played on it this past weekend for youth football. The pictures don't do it justice. It is a beautiful field. However, the facilities are not complete. There was one port-a-potty for the entire stadium and the parking was an absolute nightmare. And that was for a youth game. It will be some of the best facilities in southern Indiana when it's done. 

Are they adding lockerrooms? 

11 hours ago, boilerfan87 said:

I can’t wrap my head around how these facilities are oriented from these pics, but in the past weren’t the bathrooms in the MS in the east EZ?

44 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I can’t wrap my head around how these facilities are oriented from these pics, but in the past weren’t the bathrooms in the MS in the east EZ?

I thought this field was on the other side of the old baseball field. 

Looking again at it.. I think this is exactly where the old baseball field was... softball and baseball are now where the old football stadium was. 

Edited by btownqbcoach1

On 8/13/2023 at 9:54 AM, JQWL said:

Pick 'em!

Week 1 Match-Ups 

Crawford Co. at Switzerland Co.

Eastern Greene at Springs Valley

Mitchell at Edgewood

Paoli at Boonville

Perry Central at Tell City

West Washington at Eastern Pekin 

Charlestown at Silver Creek

Clarksville at Scottsburg

Corydon at Brownstown 

Salem at North Harrison

Crawford Co. at Switzerland Co.

Eastern Greene at Springs Valley

Mitchell at Edgewood

Paoli at Boonville

Perry Central at Tell City

West Washington at Eastern Pekin 

Charlestown at Silver Creek

Clarksville at Scottsburg

Corydon at Brownstown 

Salem at North Harrison

11 hours ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

I thought this field was on the other side of the old baseball field. 

Looking again at it.. I think this is exactly where the old baseball field was... softball and baseball are now where the old football stadium was. 

Yes, they essentially flipped them. I think it was for spacing for the expansion of the school building. That's why they had to do the athletic fields first before they could expand the school. 

12 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Yes.

13 hours ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

Are they adding lockerrooms? 

I believe that is part of the plan, but I'm not sure of the timeline.

Impressed with my Jackets Friday

After being down 27-8 at half, Kling and his staff did a great job making adjustments. We stuffed their run game for the entire 3rd Q. In the 4th, the Mustangs finally got back to their run game, and converted on a key 4th down on the way to a score when the Jackets had it to 27-20. I believe the final was 41-27. Youth shined through. I felt like Jackson Kling was in  every play defensively at LB, and Malaki Goodman showed off his athletic ability on both sides of the ball, both freshman. SO RB Gavin Robinson was lighting in a bottle, with two 40+ yd TDs swinging out of the backfield. 

I felt Edgewood played to "not lose" the game in the 2nd half, but finally spread the it out in the 4th, and we ran out of gas.

We have the potential, but we're only going as far as our line will take us. HUGE test for them against Valley Friday. IF we can figure something out on both sides, then I expect a shootout. 

I wasn't sure how long this rebuild would take, but I wouldn't be shocked at all if we ended up with 3-4+ wins this year.