Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PLAC-MSC 2023

10 hours ago, WWFan said:

Tell em to get to it. In all seriousness I don't understand why not. All film gets exchanged. Just gets more access to your product. Ill also never understand teams who don't let others livestream. I guess I can get it if your afraid it'll take away from your gate but I'd let them record it and post it after the fact on YT if they wanted. 

I couldn't agree with you more.  

Ready to get this thing started!  Good luck and good health to all!  Hate to see kids hurt in these scrimmages but man do we need to see some varsity level speed!  The Commodores are at home tonight to scrimmage the Southridge Raiders.  Where is everyone else?

1 minute ago, PCFan1996 said:

Ready to get this thing started!  Good luck and good health to all!  Hate to see kids hurt in these scrimmages but man do we need to see some varsity level speed!  The Commodores are at home tonight to scrimmage the Southridge Raiders.  Where is everyone else?

WW is at North Harrison. Going to get our OL/DL tested real fast tonight. Gonna need it. OL could be a work in progress for a few weeks

Pekin is at Springs Valley. 

Pekin vs Springs Valley Scrimmage notes.

Pekin starters look good. Good size. QB has thrown the ball much better so far then last year so that'll open up the Offense for them. They should win more games. More jet sweeps then I remember so far too. Almost all Juniors. Down side they only have 31 kids listed. Wonder if they will have a JV season. Depth will be tested. Think WW is in for a fight next week and one Pekin can certainly win. 

Valley is a work currently. They have talent. #1 WR James Walls didn't play and QB Mav Land has a hard cast on his throwing hand so new QB for couple weeks at least. Larron Childers is still a monster. Hes going to be a problem for anyone. They will be fine they just need to get some reps in. Starters only played about 15 snaps. 

Hard to get a real feel after first 15 snaps for each team as it was Valley JV and fresh and Pekin had to keep alot of starters in due to lack of players plus they try to keep alot of lineman 1 way. 

WW at North Harrison.  NH is not as big upfront as they have been in the past.  They have a couple good backs, the Fessell kid is good.  Offensively I thought we looked better than in the pre season 11-11's.  Our line has some issues, but we have a lot of kids we can play up there if someone is having a bad night.  Chase was solid at QB.  McCoy and Cress will be hard to catch if they get enough blocking upfront.  They are both fast and shifty.  Good rotation of kids on offense, maybe the most depth at WW for sometime.  Defensively, wasn't bad.  Gibby always has put a good defense together and is great at making adjustments.  Played a lot of kids on the line and look ok in the trenches.  Linebacker play was pretty good and our secondary was real locked in with a couple interceptions.  Scrimmages are deceiving, honestly i wish they would just schedule another game, but all in all, I believe we will be ok.  On to Eastern Pekin on Friday!!  Lowery will have them ready to play! 

• Thanks 1

Pick 'em!

Week 1 Match-Ups 

Crawford Co. at Switzerland Co.

Eastern Greene at Springs Valley

Mitchell at Edgewood

Paoli at Boonville

Perry Central at Tell City

West Washington at Eastern Pekin 

Charlestown at Silver Creek

Clarksville at Scottsburg

Corydon at Brownstown 

Salem at North Harrison

Mitchell at Edgewood

Paoli at Boonville

Corydon at Brownstown 

Salem at North Harrison

Thoughts on my Bluejackets after Friday's scrimmage with BNL...

O Line is a work in progress. We have two starters that will not be ready to go until week 2. Turner is solid at QB. If we can keep him upright, he'll put up some huge numbers this year. RB is Gavin Robinson, who is a really good athlete. Only problem is that he quit in the month of July, then came back out last week. We played him JV in scrimmage and he dominated. Do we throw him in the fire Friday night or give him a game or two to "earn it?" WRs are a bright spot. Kale England and Lucas Gosnell are matchup nightmares with their size. Wigley and Luman bring in some speed.

Bottom line, nothing matters if we can't figure out the line. 

Defensively, we are very young. We have 2 freshman starting in Kling and Mullis, but I wouldn't be shcoked if we had 4-5 freshman starting by the end of the year. Physically, they are ready, but this will be a learning process. BNL looked very good offensively, but it was just a scrimmage. 

Another concern I have is depth. Coach Kling has done a great job of building numbers back up,but I'll be curious to see what we look like down the stretch in the 2nd half this Friday. 

I was impressed with how we got better throughout the year last season, and hope that will continue. Once this freshman class gets their feet wet, Coach Kling will make a jump with this program. Hopefully it's sooner, rather than later. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bluejacket1 said:

Thoughts on my Bluejackets after Friday's scrimmage with BNL...

O Line is a work in progress. We have two starters that will not be ready to go until week 2. Turner is solid at QB. If we can keep him upright, he'll put up some huge numbers this year. RB is Gavin Robinson, who is a really good athlete. Only problem is that he quit in the month of July, then came back out last week. We played him JV in scrimmage and he dominated. Do we throw him in the fire Friday night or give him a game or two to "earn it?" WRs are a bright spot. Kale England and Lucas Gosnell are matchup nightmares with their size. Wigley and Luman bring in some speed.

Bottom line, nothing matters if we can't figure out the line. 

Defensively, we are very young. We have 2 freshman starting in Kling and Mullis, but I wouldn't be shcoked if we had 4-5 freshman starting by the end of the year. Physically, they are ready, but this will be a learning process. BNL looked very good offensively, but it was just a scrimmage. 

Another concern I have is depth. Coach Kling has done a great job of building numbers back up,but I'll be curious to see what we look like down the stretch in the 2nd half this Friday. 

I was impressed with how we got better throughout the year last season, and hope that will continue. Once this freshman class gets their feet wet, Coach Kling will make a jump with this program. Hopefully it's sooner, rather than later. 

Think I read where over half the roster is fresh and soph.....definitely sounds like a run coming in near future. But...let's hold off on these guys being ready till...say....week 4?

WW JV will now play Scottsburg on 21st at WW. Scottsburg was due to play Clarksville and us Pekin. Guessing neither have enough so WW may be looking to for a JV opp on 28th (when we were scheduled to play Clarksville). Figured some MSC people may wanna know incase they are scheduled to play either this season. 

2 hours ago, WWFan said:

WW JV will now play Scottsburg on 21st at WW. Scottsburg was due to play Clarksville and us Pekin. Guessing neither have enough so WW may be looking to for a JV opp on 28th (when we were scheduled to play Clarksville). Figured some MSC people may wanna know incase they are scheduled to play either this season. 

We've already scheduled Floyd Central in JV week 3. (Our Pekin week for varsity) 

• Like 1

Pick 'em!

Week 1 Match-Ups 

Mitchell at Edgewood

Paoli at Boonville

Corydon at Brownstown