Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC 2023

TF20’s Week 1 Power Rankings:

1. Reitz- #1 until someone dethrones them

2. VL- Big tests coming up for the Alices, still pretty high with him especially with Hunt

3. North- Big in the trenches and a very nice RB duo

4. Memorial- lots of skill players, let the trenches mold

5. Castle- just 35 seconds away from victory against a good North team 

6. Jasper- Fix up the mental mistakes and this Jasper squad could finish in the Top 3

6. Mater Dei- Good showing from a new MD offense, but a tough 5-game stretch coming up

8. Bosse- There is scoring potential in Bosse, but a long stretch is heading their way

9. Central- Cano/Clark duo looks decent, but lots of work to do, scoring 12 points is a step closer (23 all of last year)

10. Harrison- Sounds like it was a rough night for the Warriors

2-7 is still pretty tough, I think the Top 4 seems to be solid? Castle/Jasper/Mater Dei is still hard to choose. Castle nearly had a win over North, Jasper kept it fairly competitive against Memorial (even with Jasper’s mistakes), and MD beat a rebuilding Central team. We will know a lot more between a lot of these teams in the next 2-4 weeks. This should cause a good discussion for the week!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AW0352 said:

So the Summers kid (OL) from Reitz is 100% booted off the team?  Wasn’t he the one with a full ride to Eastern Illinois? 

I've heard from a couple different people that he has been kicked off but nothing substantial that I trust completely. He is going to Illinois State, unless all of this changes that. Not sure how all that works. 

2 hours ago, FootballFan2000 said:

I've heard from a couple different people that he has been kicked off but nothing substantial that I trust completely. He is going to Illinois State, unless all of this changes that. Not sure how all that works. 

This was confirmed to me by a Reitz player - whatever that counts for.

It still wouldn’t surprise me if he eventually finds his way back on the roster.  But, according to this kid, he’s used up all his chances.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

AP Poll

4A:

3. Reitz

7. Memorial

2A:

1. Mater Dei

RV: North, Castle

You can’t pay too much attention to early season rankings.

But, as a Memorial fan, I wish that I really believed we were the 7th best team in 4A.  IMO, too many question marks that weren’t really answered by a costly-mistake-laden performance from Jasper.

North will be a tougher test - especially up front.

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

Covid has hit the tri-state.  Main symptom this go around is high fever the first few days, some sore throat.   Take care of your players.  I know three USI kids with it.  

Yep, my wife works at St. Mary's-Vincent-Ascension and says the numbers are increasing. 

Surprises/highlights from week 2:

• Memorial stifles North’s hyped run O

- Memorial line opens some eyes

• Castle blows out MD

- Harris and the O with big time stats

• Reitz holds Hunt and VL to 7 points

- Kicker (Sanderson) with 51 yard FG

• Bosse blows out Central

- Bulldogs have some great skill guys

28 minutes ago, AW0352 said:

Where do you get team stats?  Do all teams use Max Preps? 

I usually get them from MaxPreps/Hudl, and Digital Scout, although they went offline last month. You can easily find the offensive stats, but I have to comb through all the games to get the defensive averages. 

Week 2 Recap:

MD at Castle (49-7 Castle) 

How about them Knights, especially WR Antonio Harris with an impressive 4TD/ 280 total yard night! Definitely going to be a strong contender for SIAC POTY. Sounded like Castle just plowed straight through the Wildcats all night long, while the Varsity held the Cats scoreless up until the backups entered the game. Mater Dei, on the other hand, lots of questions arises from this game. It appeared they were manhandled the entire game at all positions. Castle will head to Enlow Field to face Bosse, MD will have a huge game against VL at the Bowl.

Bosse at Central (48-6 Bosse)

Wagner is such a valuable player for the Bulldogs as he was everywhere against Central. Wagner totaled 330 yards in passing and rushing combined for 3 touchdowns in the game. Lots of skill players all around this Bosse team this year, especially a nice game from Antonio Floyd rushing for 140 yards and 3 TDs. Judging by some of the updates, looks like Bosse recovered a lot of onside kicks. Central was stuffed by Bosse’s defense and couldn’t do much about it. Personally, I thought this would be a close game, but Bosse really surprised me. Bosse will head back in Enlow and go up against Castle, Central will get Memorial at home. 

Jasper at Harrison (39-0 Jasper)

It was all Jasper against Harrison, as they did anything they wanted and ended the game at HT. Strong night for FB Holsworth going for 130 rushing yards and 3 TDs. I believe Jasper ended up scoring all 39 points in the 1H. Unfortunately for the Warriors, they did not get their upset unlike last year where the Warriors beat Jasper 20-15. Harrison still hasn’t scored a point this so far being shut out both games. Sounds like it might be a long season for the Warriors. Very big game coming up, as Jasper will get Reitz at home, while Harrison travels to North.

North at Memorial (17-0 Memorial)

Memorial founded a way to get past North’s formidable trenches, as the Tigers shut out North. Just like last year when North shut out Memorial. Looked like Memorial did a very good job on the LOS when North was on offense. Ellspermann has back to back 100+ yards and grabbed his first touchdown of the season. Fisher finished the game with around 230 yards and 2 TDs. Judging by North, it seemed like Memorial made them chase their players  wearing them down. Like what Fanatic, Memorial’s line probably raised some eyebrows. But I do think North will still be fine. Memorial will head on First Ave to face Central, North will go home against Harrison.

VL at Reitz (23-7 Reitz)

Reitz K Sanderson was the man of the night going 3 for 3 on crucial FGs in SIAC implication game. Especially kicking one from 51 yards out. Looked like QB Davies is back into his form having a good night and lots of weapons on the offense It seemed like Reitz was going to get away from it, but VL’s defense kept them in the game for a while. However, Reitz D held a very good VL offense only to 7 points. At one point VL made it interesting but fumbled the ball at a bad time. Reitz will head up to Jasper and VL will be back at the Bowl against Mater Dei.

18 minutes ago, tango said:

Boy, MD sure hits a tough 4 game stretch - VL, Memorial, Jasper & North. All but Memorial are at the Bowl, so that will help some. It will be interesting how they bounce back from the blowout L to Castle. 

After their performance at Castle I don’t see how they win any of these games.