Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Columbus North vs Columbus East Rivalry

This rivalry game is one the city of Columbus always looks forward to! ESPN has even featured this rivalry in 2011.  This year's crosstown rivalry will take place at Columbus East in Stafford Field on August 25th.  The field is currently having some new stands on the East side of the field.  This game is always packed with loyal fans and energetic student sections.

The last 5 years North has won 4 times in those meetings.  The past two years North has won convincingly (28-0 in 2021, 39-6 in 2022).  However, the Bulldogs of North look to be very young this year with a very small senior class.  East's senior class is small as well but has North outnumbered in that area.  Both teams scrimmage tough teams to prepare for the upcoming season.  Both teams will be looking to earn bragging rights for 2023.

Who is excited?!

Columbus East.jpg

Columbus North.png

6 hours ago, Indiana Fan said:

Will Columbus East get a pressbox on the home side stands now? Or will that go on the opposing side like it has been? Always a strange and weird setup at East. Also, who do they scrimmage?

The side the pressbox is on used to be the home bleachers (1972-2013). In 2014, they moved the home crowd to the visitor’s side of the field. Those bleachers used to be smaller than the old home bleachers. Not sure why exactly they switched sides but I’m guessing 42 seasons of complaints about the home fans having to stare into the sun during early season games might have had something to do with it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Whiting89 said:

I always wondered these two high school towns why don’t they merge and create a super school like Carmel 

Not that I’d be surprised but no one with a clear conscience and wishing to do what is honestly in the best interest of students would go for this.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Whiting89 said:

I always wondered these two high school towns why don’t they merge and create a super school like Carmel 

More opportunities. Better for students and athletes!! Much better!!

17 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

The side the pressbox is on used to be the home bleachers (1972-2013). In 2014, they moved the home crowd to the visitor’s side of the field. Those bleachers used to be smaller than the old home bleachers. Not sure why exactly they switched sides but I’m guessing 42 seasons of complaints about the home fans having to stare into the sun during early season games might have had something to do with it.

Yes I did know that. Just confused why they would not have added a pressbox when adding the new home stands. Now I bet they wish they had having to tear down what is previously there on the new visitor side.

12 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Not I.  And the placement of that bulldog logo on CN's helmets is stupid, IMHO.

Glad I’m not the only one who thinks that. I just figured folks would say it was sour grapes on my part since I associate with the rival school. To me, the helmets look clean without the bulldog. Adding it to the front makes them look corny.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2023 at 11:17 AM, Bash Riprock said:

Is the Columbus PAL still leading the youth efforts?  Would love to see them back in the IEFA.

There are two youth football programs in Columbus (Bartholomew County Bears and PAAL).  PAAL is a intramural league and the Bears are in a conference with other youth teams like Beechgrove, Triton Central, Southport, Edinburgh, Brown County, Indian Creek, & Shelbyville.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There is talk about pushing the start time of the game back to allow for the temperature to go down.  The community tailgate is still scheduled for 5pm as far as I know.

There have also been renovations at East with the visitors bleachers.  Below is the article about that.

https://www.therepublic.com/2023/08/21/a-new-look-easts-renovated-press-box-new-bleachers-ready-for-use-friday/