Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Temp’s Top 25 (Preseason)

4 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Cue the "Does football exists outside central Indiana" posts. 

Not necessarily. I mean, that Top 10 could be legitimate. I would switch Ben Davis with Westfield. Then I'd have to lump 7-10 into a category with Carroll and Fishers. I think  Laffayette Jeff, Crown Point, Valpo, Snider, and North Side could be in the hunt for those last couple of positions. 

Who is High School Football America Indiana? Maybe putting a little too much stock in the 4A programs. 

On 7/23/2023 at 11:48 AM, temptation said:

I’ll give you #1…need more insight on #2.

Why’d they stop playing?  Did CG reach back out after the MIC falling out?

I'll take another 5A school in the Mid-State to continue to dominate. DC had a down year, but they have won the conference 7 out of the last 8 years? They do not benefit from the SES like Whiteland will, but I don't see them not competing with Whiteland (or beating them constantly) for the foreseeable future. 

7 minutes ago, FridayNightLights said:

I'll take another 5A school in the Mid-State to continue to dominate. DC had a down year, but they have won the conference 7 out of the last 8 years? They do not benefit from the SES like Whiteland will, but I don't see them not competing with Whiteland (or beating them constantly) for the foreseeable future. 

DC is always formidable.

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, BTF said:

Not bad. Carmel, Warren Central didn't live up to the preseason hype.  Chatard, and Decatur Central over exceeded. 

I like DC and Merrillville next year. I expect both to flirt with that 15 spot. 

I was not impressed by DC at all, offensively or defensively. Merrillville had a really good defense, but not much on offense. 5A is wide open next year. Mishawaka, Valpo, and Merrillville will be good in the North, not sure in the South, maybe Bloomington South, Bloomington North, and Whiteland 

1 hour ago, Komets2727 said:

I was not impressed by DC at all, offensively or defensively. Merrillville had a really good defense, but not much on offense. 5A is wide open next year. Mishawaka, Valpo, and Merrillville will be good in the North, not sure in the South, maybe Bloomington South, Bloomington North, and Whiteland 

I dunno, DC looked like a darn good team to me. Let's not forget this was a one possession game going into the fourth quarter. I get it, Snider had some missed opportunities, but there was a defense on the other side of the ball that caused those disruptions. 

DC's QB is a sophomore, who I thought the broadcast said was receiving P5 looks, I would imagine they will be back in the mix, they have been a solid program the last 5 years (losing to New Pal and Cathedral during that time). East Central bringing back anyone to challenge in the south and will them moving to 5A and Snider leaving push Harrison to the north. 

52 minutes ago, DACNUT said:

DC's QB is a sophomore, who I thought the broadcast said was receiving P5 looks, I would imagine they will be back in the mix, they have been a solid program the last 5 years (losing to New Pal and Cathedral during that time). East Central bringing back anyone to challenge in the south and will them moving to 5A and Snider leaving push Harrison to the north. 

Polston's got an offer already from Michigan.  The main weakness for DC this year was the passing was OK as a short, complement component to a run-based offense.  As I mentioned in a different thread, most of their passing was what I refer to as +1 passing ... if it's 3rd and 4, it's going to be a 5-yard pass, if it's 3rd and 3, it's going to be a 4-yard pass.  They weren't necessarily geared toward air-raid attacks although they could surprise you.  No one's going to confuse their pass offense with an LCC-style offense.

DC's QB rating was around low-80s, so I'd say the biggest thing for them to look at for next season would be rounding out the passing attack.  The other big thing is going to be figuring out how to replace Berry.  He was kind of the thunder to Dodo's lightning.  Berry was a workhouse and was probably responsible for loosening up the outsides by his consistent inside running.

Harrison may be moving further north than folks expect as the enrollment numbers may well send them up to 6A pending what that bottom part of 6A is going to have in enrollment fluctuation.  I believe that Harrison has now surpassed Jeff as the largest high school in Tippecanoe County.

11 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Polston's got an offer already from Michigan.  The main weakness for DC this year was the passing was OK as a short, complement component to a run-based offense.  As I mentioned in a different thread, most of their passing was what I refer to as +1 passing ... if it's 3rd and 4, it's going to be a 5-yard pass, if it's 3rd and 3, it's going to be a 4-yard pass.  They weren't necessarily geared toward air-raid attacks although they could surprise you.  No one's going to confuse their pass offense with an LCC-style offense.

DC's QB rating was around low-80s, so I'd say the biggest thing for them to look at for next season would be rounding out the passing attack.  The other big thing is going to be figuring out how to replace Berry.  He was kind of the thunder to Dodo's lightning.  Berry was a workhouse and was probably responsible for loosening up the outsides by his consistent inside running.

Harrison may be moving further north than folks expect as the enrollment numbers may well send them up to 6A pending what that bottom part of 6A is going to have in enrollment fluctuation.  I believe that Harrison has now surpassed Jeff as the largest high school in Tippecanoe County.

Yes, the passing attack was dink and dunk and pretty effective at moving the chains from what I saw on film.

12 minutes ago, foxbat said:

From the numbers I’ve seen, it looks like Harrison to 6A. However, not sure the other schools and how the official enrollments will show come January when IHSAA releases these with the success factor teams as well.

1 hour ago, BTF said:

I dunno, DC looked like a darn good team to me. Let's not forget this was a one possession game going into the fourth quarter. I get it, Snider had some missed opportunities, but there was a defense on the other side of the ball that caused those disruptions. 

Let’s be honest, Snider left at least 14 points off the board with silly mistakes and questionable play calling to be nice about it. The game really was never in doubt. DC obviously had a nice season and now they need to build on it. With EC coming up to 5A, there are no guarantees on getting back to LOS

Valparaiso was close to being 6A for not only play, but for enrollment. Their enrollment is up this fall. Will be interesting to see who will be the bottom of the 6A list for enrollment, not that it matter when Valpo was at the bottom before, they were still punching above their size. 

1 hour ago, Komets2727 said:

Let’s be honest, Snider left at least 14 points off the board with silly mistakes and questionable play calling to be nice about it. The game really was never in doubt. DC obviously had a nice season and now they need to build on it. With EC coming up to 5A, there are no guarantees on getting back to LOS

Didn't take that into consideration. East Central won't be this good every year, but formidable for sure. DC will stick around. 

On 7/24/2023 at 9:53 AM, BTF said:

There's a lot of talk around the Center Grove community that "no one wants to play us because we're too good." I can't imagine that's the issue here.............any insight? 

I would take an annual beating from Center Grove to see if we are making any improvement as a program. 

The recent engagement with Cathedral couldn't have come at a worse time, most of it was played when Penn was uncharacteristically noncompetitive.  Before everyone jumps me. Penn did not perform against Cathedral. I think that game may have been an outlier based on how Penn ended up the rest of the season. I am not saying Penn wins, but give it a do over....they play better. 

15 hours ago, DACNUT said:

Valparaiso was close to being 6A for not only play, but for enrollment. Their enrollment is up this fall. Will be interesting to see who will be the bottom of the 6A list for enrollment, not that it matter when Valpo was at the bottom before, they were still punching above their size. 

I think Snider and Valpo are those two schools that can punch up.

If Valpo can stay healthy, they can make Sectional 1 and 2 nervous if not win one or the other any given year. 

Snider will give sectionals 3 and 4 a huge test.  

1 hour ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

I would take an annual beating from Center Grove to see if we are making any improvement as a program. 

The recent engagement with Cathedral couldn't have come at a worse time, most of it was played when Penn was uncharacteristically noncompetitive.  Before everyone jumps me. Penn did not perform against Cathedral. I think that game may have been an outlier based on how Penn ended up the rest of the season. I am not saying Penn wins, but give it a do over....they play better. 

And they will, so take a deep breath. Penn is a good football team. I know this because they are widely discussed on this forum. Congrats on a fine year. 

42 minutes ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

I think Snider and Valpo are those two schools that can punch up.

If Valpo can stay healthy, they can make Sectional 1 and 2 nervous if not win one or the other any given year. 

Snider will give sectionals 3 and 4 a huge test.  

Right now there's indications that Snider will be pretty good next year. Good enough to make a run to Lucas? To be determined. 

1 minute ago, BTF said:

And they will, so take a deep breath. Penn is a good football team. I know this because they are widely discussed on this forum. Congrats on a fine year. 

Im good. lol just wanted to create the buffer before I have to start trying to defend my stance. I think Penn has made strides forward. But, I would gladly take a schedule with Valpo, Snider, Mishawaka, Carmel and Center Grove on it. We may win two games out of the sort, but that is better than what is coming....Riley and Washington back on the yearly schedule until the NIC wanders off and finally dies in the bushes. 

1 minute ago, BTF said:

Right now there's indications that Snider will be pretty good next year. Good enough to make a run to Lucas? To be determined. 

If the defense keeps playing that way...there is a strong chance they are playing Penn, CP or Carroll in Semi next year. 

• Like 1