Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

IFCA Pre-Season Poll

20 minutes ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

4 out of 6 at the most. 1A and 2A will be different I think, and 5A is an absolute toss up.

Maybe so. I'm pretty confident in the 6A, 4A, 3A and 1A predictions. 5A will likely be out of the North, but admittedly 5A is probably pretty open. 2A is the one I feel least confident in, only because Mater Dei got so many votes, but I don't see them having enough this year to win it. Triton Central should be a contender. Luers and Andrean are always in the mix too.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tango said:

Maybe so. I'm pretty confident in the 6A, 4A, 3A and 1A predictions. 5A will likely be out of the North, but admittedly 5A is probably pretty open.  

1A:    What about Adams Central? They return 17 guys from a team that played Lutheran pretty tough at state last year. 

5A:    It's hard to ignore Valpo's 19 returning starters, therefore making them the front runner. But Snider and North are both hungry. Three players from those teams have committed to Notre Dame, Purdue, and Air Force. Two others have offers from Iowa and Indiana. Several more being recruited by DII, DIII, and NAIA. Northern 5A will be a battle in my opinion. 

4 hours ago, tango said:

Maybe so. I'm pretty confident in the 6A, 4A, 3A and 1A predictions. 5A will likely be out of the North, but admittedly 5A is probably pretty open. 2A is the one I feel least confident in, only because Mater Dei got so many votes, but I don't see them having enough this year to win it. Triton Central should be a contender. Luers and Andrean are always in the mix too.  

The crazy thing is they redrew 2A south a few years ago, meaning EMD would potentially face Triton Central in the regional, if both teams advance.  So after all the success the last 4 years, the MD Wildcats may never be bumped to to 3A.  

43 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

The crazy thing is they redrew 2A south a few years ago, meaning EMD would potentially face Triton Central in the regional, if both teams advance.  So after all the success the last 4 years, the MD Wildcats may never be bumped to to 3A.  

Yep. The rolling two year cycle should solve that problem, right? What I find interesting this year is that if MD wins a Regional and Memorial doesn't win the Sectional, both schools would be in 3A in 2024.  I expect Memorial and MD will both be much better in 2024 than this season, so that would be a doozy of a Sectional, especially if the IHSAA groups GS and HH in there too.

1 hour ago, tango said:

Yep. The rolling two year cycle should solve that problem, right? What I find interesting this year is that if MD wins a Regional and Memorial doesn't win the Sectional, both schools would be in 3A in 2024.  I expect Memorial and MD will both be much better in 2024 than this season, so that would be a doozy of a Sectional, especially if the IHSAA groups GS and HH in there too.

Memorial is my favorite to win 24.  

20 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

They re-drew the 2A south last year.  Linton got bumped from sectional 40 and we didn't see them until semi state.  We've played Triton Central in the regional 4 straight years.  We are 3-1 against them, but you have to make them the favorite over MD this year at this point due to all the graduation losses MD had

• Like 1