Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC Week 8

Hmmmm....smells like someone in here thinks their kid isn't getting a fair shot.  If anyone thinks Hurley doesn't play the kids that help the current configuration of his team the most, they are smoking crack.

Edited by Titan32
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/2/2023 at 10:43 AM, Evansville50 said:

The Tigers may have something special with #4. Let the player be who he is and see what happens. It will definitely open up the field and teams will have to respect his arm. If you want to beat good teams they can’t stay as vanilla as the last two weeks. 

The  only issue with #4 for Tigers is how hard he throws.  The young man has a CANNON.  Throwing to the 2nd string WRs late in the Reitz game, several passes went right through the WR's hands.  Yes, they were "catchable" balls but not many 2nd string high schools WRs can handle that kind of velocity.  Perhaps if he gets to throw to frontline guys, he will have more success.  

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Hmmmm....smells like someone in here thinks their kid isn't getting a fair shot.  If anyone thinks Hurley doesn't play the kids that help the current configuration of his team the most, they are smoking crack.

Well pass me my pipe while you all continue to hang by his nuts. No kids or family on the team. I just don’t have jaded cult filled eyeballs 

Edited by Evansville50

41 minutes ago, Evansville50 said:

Well pass me my pipe while you all continue to hang by his nuts. No kids or family on the team. I just don’t have jaded cult filled eyeballs 

Hang by his nuts? You must hate success. I’m sure you could find a volunteer job on staff and offer your great insights. I’m guessing every teams fans base in the SIAC would love to hang on to Hurleys nuts, all the way to 5 state title appearances and two titles in two different classes. If you find a better set of nuts to grab on to please let me know. 

Edited by Screagle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Screagle said:

Hang by his nuts? You must hate success. I’m sure you could find a volunteer job on staff and offer your great insights. I’m guessing every teams fans base in the SIAC would love to hang on to Hurleys nuts, all the way to 5 state title appearances and two titles in two different classes. If you find a better set of nuts to grab on to please let me know. 

I’ll let you have them. I’m not really a fan of another man’s nuts. 

10 hours ago, Evansville50 said:

I’ll let you have them. I’m not really a fan of another man’s nuts. 

I mean, you brought his nuts into this feed. 
Im honestly curious, who sits the bench that can help the tigers win? 
They are 6-1 coming of numerous post season wins over the years. I was thinking rebuilding year with youth and here they are in 2nd place in SIAC. 
Not one coach in SIAC is 6-1 with the roster Memorial is working with this season. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Evansville50 said:

I’m not interested in volunteering. I am doing to well taking the Tigers and the points at the illegal gambling operation that takes place Fridays at the Slice. How many points this week? 

Tigers are 0-4 ATS since Wk. 4 when Fisher went down. Harrell has Memorial (-3) for this week. I don't do the Massey or other prediction sites. For Memorial, two QBs means no QB, so I'd probably take the Alices and the points, but then again I'm no Erin Dolan.... 

4 hours ago, Evansville50 said:

I’m not interested in volunteering. I am doing to well taking the Tigers and the points at the illegal gambling operation that takes place Fridays at the Slice. How many points this week? 

Did the Jone's buy the Slice?  Do they play Bingo over there?  I've been looking for a good spot.

My week 8 picks! (Not that anyone was waiting on them)

Bosse @ Retiz: High scoring shootout? Maybe! I don't think so. Reitz will contain the only offensive threat on the team and win this one easily. No running clock though

MD @ Harrison: MD gets win #2 on the year (shocking to say that this late in the year). Harrison keeps it closer than expected, less than 2 scores.

North @ Jasper: North was able to do whatever it wanted last week. Jasper gave one away. First game to end tomorrow night with two heavy running teams? Depends if Castle gets to the running clock against Central. North wins on the road continuing their best season since 07 maybe. Not sure on that.

Castle @ Central: Knights. Potential running clock. Competition for quickest game of the week with north/Jasper.

VL @ Memorial: Enough has been said about both teams and injuries. What adjustments do both teams make after disappointing offensive performances and being shutout. Memorial potentially getting RB1 back could help with their offense. VL seems to be holding on for dear life waiting to get Hunt back, if he comes back at all. Give me the Tigers by 10 points. 

18 hours ago, Evansville50 said:

That's not gambling....that's just a place where Grant donates his money to a charitable cause.

Week 8 Picks!

MD at Harrison

This game should be interesting as both teams are aiming for their 2nd win and MD trying to break a 6-game losing streak. Harrison to a hard fought win last week against Central, while MD kept it close against Bosse. Give me MD by a score.

Castle at Central

Castle should be able to anything they want against Central tonight, as the Knights are likely looking forward to their matchup against the Tigers next week. Castle in a running clock.

Bosse at Reitz

Bosse is one of the most friskier teams in all of the SIAC right on the offensive side of ball. As their QB can move the ball anywhere downfield in a game. And they have had a couple of games from being 4-3 this season too. Reitz is looking as dominant as ever right now with their offense and defense shutting down opponents. Could this be a high-scoring matchup? Maybe, I think Bosse will have some initial success, but Reitz D will shut them down. Give me Reitz by 4 scores.

VL at Memorial

Before the season started, this was going to be an interesting game between these 2 teams. And after some injuries on both teams, it is still like that. VL is coming into this game having their best regular season in the SIAC at 5-2, however, lost their QB too. Memorial also lost their QB1 and RB1 too after the MD game. Although it sounds like RB1 may return tonight/soon. Both teams struggled to put points on the board last week as they were shutout. Will we see a low scoring game for this one? Coin flip, but give me the Tigers by 7. 

North at Jasper

North is aiming to achieve their best regular season in a long time, coming into this game 5-2, while Jasper let the Castle game get away from them. By all the means North is biggest team in the trenches this season and maybe next season too. Which allows them to open their offense a lot more in the run game. While their Defense continues to skyrocket. Jasper still looks like a good team, but had some mental mistakes against Castle costing them that game. But these 2 teams are some of the best rushing attacks in the conference. North likes to throws too and Jasper has been experimenting with it. But if you like running, this one maybe be for you. However, I think North wins by 10. 

25 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Week 8 Picks!

MD at Harrison

This game should be interesting as both teams are aiming for their 2nd win and MD trying to break a 6-game losing streak. Harrison to a hard fought win last week against Central, while MD kept it close against Bosse. Give me MD by a score.

Castle at Central

Castle should be able to anything they want against Central tonight, as the Knights are likely looking forward to their matchup against the Tigers next week. Castle in a running clock.

Bosse at Reitz

Bosse is one of the most friskier teams in all of the SIAC right on the offensive side of ball. As their QB can move the ball anywhere downfield in a game. And they have had a couple of games from being 4-3 this season too. Reitz is looking as dominant as ever right now with their offense and defense shutting down opponents. Could this be a high-scoring matchup? Maybe, I think Bosse will have some initial success, but Reitz D will shut them down. Give me Reitz by 4 scores.

VL at Memorial

Before the season started, this was going to be an interesting game between these 2 teams. And after some injuries on both teams, it is still like that. VL is coming into this game having their best regular season in the SIAC at 5-2, however, lost their QB too. Memorial also lost their QB1 and RB1 too after the MD game. Although it sounds like RB1 may return tonight/soon. Both teams struggled to put points on the board last week as they were shutout. Will we see a low scoring game for this one? Coin flip, but give me the Tigers by 7. 

North at Jasper

North is aiming to achieve their best regular season in a long time, coming into this game 5-2, while Jasper let the Castle game get away from them. By all the means North is biggest team in the trenches this season and maybe next season too. Which allows them to open their offense a lot more in the run game. While their Defense continues to skyrocket. Jasper still looks like a good team, but had some mental mistakes against Castle costing them that game. But these 2 teams are some of the best rushing attacks in the conference. North likes to throws too and Jasper has been experimenting with it. But if you like running, this one maybe be for you. However, I think North wins by 10. 

So you've heard the same, or similar, rumblings regarding RB1. Someone had mentioned in conversation that he dressed last week. Knowing that along with some other stuff I've heard, I figured he would be back tonight. Wonder if he will be on a pitch count to slowly work him back or if they throw him back in. Not sure Memorial's thoughts on that or how they handle it usually. 

Some fun gameday discussion...take your pick, what is more likely to happen?

1. Central scores twice on Castle or Harrison scores three times on Mater Dei?

2. Reitz shuts out Bosse or Bosse scores 28+ and makes it a close game?

3. Ben Davies throws for 200+ yards and 2 TDs or Elijah Wagner runs for 200+ yards and 2 TDs?

4. Vincennes beats Memorial or Jasper beats North?

5. Luke Lindsey throws for 100+ yards and 2 TDs or Porter Rode plays and rushes for 100+ yards and 2 TDs?

• Like 1

This is fun to think about, thanks for these!

1. Both seem tough to think happen however, more likely would have to be Central scoring 2 TDs on Castle. Harrison has only score 3 TDs in a game once this season and that was against Central. Give me Central to score 2 TDs on Castle.

2. Another tough one to consider because Wagner could get loose and outrun everyone to the end zone and stop the shutout on any play. However, I do think it is more likely they get shut out than score 28 against Reitz. Especially since the most points scored against them is 17. Give me Reitz shuts out Bosse.

3. Again, I do not think Bosse scores very many points tonight so Wagner rushing for 2 TDs seems more unlikely to happen. Give me Davies throwing for 200+ and 2 TDs.

4. I picked both Memorial and North to win earlier in my predictions, so this one is tough for me. I think with the injuries and uncertainty surrounding Memorial and their O, currently, I lean towards VL beating Memorial, if I had to pick one. Give me VL over Memorial. 

5. Uncertainty around Rode playing and/or how much he plays makes me hesitate to say in his first game back he gets 100+ and 2 TDs against a fairly decent (statistically) run D from VL. (Other than last week of course 😬). Give me Lindsey to throw for 100+ and 2 TDs.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Football Fanatic said:

Some fun gameday discussion...take your pick, what is more likely to happen?

1. Central scores twice on Castle or Harrison scores three times on Mater Dei?

2. Reitz shuts out Bosse or Bosse scores 28+ and makes it a close game?

3. Ben Davies throws for 200+ yards and 2 TDs or Elijah Wagner runs for 200+ yards and 2 TDs?

4. Vincennes beats Memorial or Jasper beats North?

5. Luke Lindsey throws for 100+ yards and 2 TDs or Porter Rode plays and rushes for 100+ yards and 2 TDs?

My thoughts:

1. Pick - Central scores twice on Castle. Castle defense hasn't been great. I think Central scores in the 1st half and then adds one more late. Harrison will be lucky to score twice on MD.

2. Pick - Reitz shuts out Bosse. The starting Reitz defense has yet to give up more than 1 TD in any game this season and is capable of shutting out anybody. However, this Bosse offense is unlike any other, and it's Fall Fest week so you never know how it will effect the West Siders. But, I already think Reitz has one of the best defenses in the state, and if they can shut out Bosse and maybe the most dangerous dual threat QB in the state, I think it's solidified.

3. Pick - Ben Davies throws for 200+ yards and 2 TDs. I think Bosse will have trouble defending the Reitz offense. Wagner will put up some stats of course, but considering how well Reitz handled Hunt earlier in the year, I think they will slow him down more than usual.

4. Pick - Jasper beats North. Tough one. Honestly I don't think Vincennes or Jasper wins, but I think Jasper at least has a decent shot. Vincennes just doesn't have enough firepower to score much on Memorial and the Tigers will be motivated to have a strong bounce back game and remain in reach of sharing the conference title. 

5. Pick - Luke Lindsey throws for 100+ yards and 2 TDs. Maybe an upset pick here, as he has yet to really get close to these numbers since he took over as the QB. However, Rode may not play or may be on a snap count. Even if he plays, I think he will struggle to get going against a decent VL defense, especially first game back. If Vincennes is going to win, they will need to have a good run/pass balance which means Lindsey will probably have to achieve that stat line.