Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC Week 8

What a win for VL tonight. This thing could have snowballed on them after what was easily their worst showing of the season last week at North. But they showed great toughness and fortitude to get things back on track. 

Credit the defense on the shutout. I don’t think Memorial made it into the Lincoln red zone once tonight.

Offensively it wasn’t a thing of beauty, but still solid. No critical mistakes and able to move the chains. Won field position most of the night. 

Also…

-Congratulations to the Panthers on another SIAC title

-North has us scratching our heads again. Not necessarily saying Jasper didn’t have a decent shot to win, but weren’t the Huskies up 21-7 at one point?? And with how they looked against Lincoln a week ago, I really thought they would finish 7-2. Curious to hear how this game played out. 

Edited by SEAL_63

12 minutes ago, SEAL_63 said:

What a win for VL tonight. This thing could have snowballed on them after what was easily their worst showing of the season last week at North. But they showed great toughness and fortitude to get things back on track. 

Credit the defense on the shutout. I don’t think Memorial made it into the Lincoln red zone once tonight.

Offensively it wasn’t a thing of beauty, but still solid. No critical mistakes and able to move the chains. Won field position most of the night. 

Good game Seal, VL definitely has young guys that are going to step up big time when the time comes. I thought McCormick had a very good game tonight. And that VL defense was very stout too. Our defense played very well tonight also, pretty sure Broshears had 18-20 tackles from this game. Offensively, there is a whole lot to work on for the Tigers.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SEAL_63 said:

-North has us scratching our heads again. Not necessarily saying Jasper didn’t have a decent shot to win, but weren’t the Huskies up 21-7 at one point?? And with how they looked against Lincoln a week ago, I really thought they would finish 7-2. Curious to hear how this game played out. 

Nah, I thought we were going to get smoked. I stopped listening early on due to being old and falling asleep so no clue what happened. I think I heard them say that North fumbled it twice. 

In the 1st half, Jasper and North had a some costly mistakes, but the cats, down 21-7, cleaned theirs up and the scored scored late in the 2nd quarter to tie.  The cats D came up big the 2nd half, and North continued to make some costly mistakes. North, balancing the run with passing, ran over the cats the 1st quarter, despite a turnover. After the cats D figured out the North passing game, they also slowed their run game, and was able to put a lot of pressure on the QB. Cats D 2nd half was outstanding. Best 3 quarters cats played in a long time. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jcat69 said:

In the 1st half, Jasper and North had a some costly mistakes, but the cats, down 21-7, cleaned theirs up and the scored scored late in the 2nd quarter to tie.  The cats D came up big the 2nd half, and North continued to make some costly mistakes. North, balancing the run with passing, ran over the cats the 1st quarter, despite a turnover. After the cats D figured out the North passing game, they also slowed their run game, and was able to put a lot of pressure on the QB. Cats D 2nd half was outstanding. Best 3 quarters cats played in a long time. 

Believe it or not? Cats had 2 passing TDs.

25 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

So why couldn’t Memorial pass against one of the worse pass Defenses in the league last night?  I was thinking going in that would be the path to victory.

OL.  Fisher made a young inexperienced OL look decent. Fisher is a DUDE. He would be an FCS or possibly FBS QB if  baseball wasn’t his top priority. 6’3 205 pounds and very athletic. Reminded me of Lindauer when teams thought they had him sacked or pressured. He avoided pressure and looked great on the move with eyes downfield the entire time.  Big arm and could throw from any angle. He will be a problem in the 3A tournament next year. 

side note. 
#4 should get a refund from his QB coach in Chicago. 

Edited by Screagle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

So why couldn’t Memorial pass against one of the worse pass Defenses in the league last night?  I was thinking going in that would be the path to victory.

Was thinking the same thing 

27 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

The overall offense was not pretty at all. Memorial had pretty good field position on most of the drives, but couldn’t do anything to anything. There were a very good short passes, it could have been nerves from Bryant. But, he didn’t have enough time to throw the ball too, due to the OL. Although when he did have time, I think he looked decent.

Edited by TigerFan20

1 hour ago, TigerFan20 said:

The overall offense was not pretty at all. Memorial had pretty good field position on most of the drives, but couldn’t do anything to anything. There were a very good short passes, it could have been nerves from Bryant. But, he didn’t have enough time to throw the ball too, due to the OL. Although when he did have time, I think he looked decent.

Not pretty is putting it lightly. No run game. QB struggled. D played pretty well though. Lincoln wasn't much better but scratched out the W. Overall it was about as ugly a game as I've seen. Need to circle the wagons and get our stuff together to finish the regular season with a W. Won't be easy.

1 hour ago, tango said:

Not pretty is putting it lightly. No run game. QB struggled. D played pretty well though. Lincoln wasn't much better but scratched out the W. Overall it was about as ugly a game as I've seen. Need to circle the wagons and get our stuff together to finish the regular season with a W. Won't be easy.

Especially at Castle and looking at the weather, looks like it’s going to be a rainy night….

4 hours ago, jcat69 said:

I may watch the replay of the game if I can find it. Sounded liked a head-scratcher game for North

7 hours ago, TitanFootball said:

I said that two years ago. 

These comments by our fans are unwarranted and uncalled for.  He’s a good kid, didn’t work out here for him.  Why do you continue to bash him?   My name says who I am.  Call me or come talk to me about it if you have any questions.  I’m an adult.  Let’s all act like one.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TitanFootball said:

I said that two years ago. 

Maybe we should worry more about why Vincennes was in Memorials backfield so quickly, instead of worrying about about #4. Just absolutely can’t understand why you would get on here, and take a shot at a 16 yr old kid, but man that’s what some of you like to do.

You give others from Gibson Southern a bad rep, and it’s pathetic.  This is the 3rd time you’ve sit behind your keyboard in two weeks and taken shots at the likes of Jett Goldsberry, GS54, and now #4 at Memorial. Great kids, great men, and great family’s.  None of which would do the same as you!  I guarantee you wouldn’t do it to these kids dads faces, and for sure can’t understand you disrespecting 54, with what he and his kids have done for GS.  And oh btw the  guy from Chicago must be pretty good considering you can see him on Netflix working with Pat Mahommes, or you can find him working with about 10 other NFL guys, and at least a dozen Power 5 QBs most weeks.

I thought we squashed this stuff two years ago when we won the state.  How about you showing some class, act like you’vebeen there before, and quit giving the rest of the community a bad name? 

image.png

Edited by Butkus
  • Like 1