Head Coach Openings 2024 ×

Cathedral at Roncalli

15 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Hope Cathedral beats those cowar...errr Royals, 63-0.

People don't forget.

That almost guaranteed won't happen. 35 points gets to a running clock, and Coach Peebles has always been one to not run up scores. When he builds a lead to a running clock he usually substitutes getting a lot of players playing time and experience. If the game were to hit 35 points expect a quick 2nd half with a lot of players hitting the field regardless of who they are playing.

1 hour ago, FastpacedO said:

That almost guaranteed won't happen. 35 points gets to a running clock, and Coach Peebles has always been one to not run up scores. When he builds a lead to a running clock he usually substitutes getting a lot of players playing time and experience. If the game were to hit 35 points expect a quick 2nd half with a lot of players hitting the field regardless of who they are playing.

Also, I'm not sure "sending a message" to student athletes who had nothing to do with the decision to suspend the series is in the "Best Coaching Practices" handbook...

11 minutes ago, temptation said:

Also, I'm not sure "sending a message" to student athletes who had nothing to do with the decision to suspend the series is in the "Best Coaching Practices" handbook...

The only thing that does and should matter to the Coaches and the players is etching another year on the K of C Victory Bell. Cathedral leads the series 22-12 overall and has won the last 12 meetings between the two, but the bell only exchanges during regular season match-ups. Cathedral holds the bell currently after a 2010 regular season game won by the Irish 41-10.

• Like 1

with absolutely no disrespect intended to Guerin, Brebeuf, Ritter, Scecina, or any other Catholic HS, would be nice to see a "Commander-in-Chief" type trophy for the historic "Big 3" Catholic programs...Cathedral, Chatard and Roncalli.  I guess this year, it would be going to Chatard.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

with absolutely no disrespect intended to Guerin, Brebeuf, Ritter, Scecina, or any other Catholic HS, would be nice to see a "Commander-in-Chief" type trophy for the historic "Big 3" Catholic programs...Cathedral, Chatard and Roncalli.  I guess this year, it would be going to Chatard.

YARN | Guess? That ain't no guess that's what it gonna be ...

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

There is a trophy for Cathedral vs Bishop Chatard (Northside K of C traveling trophy) and Cathedral vs Roncalli (K of C Victory Bell). I would think there is one for Bishop Chatard vs Roncalli too.

33 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

If Roncalli had the ability to beat Cathedral 63-0, they'd do it, hyperbole or not. 

During the Corso days, I watched a Osbourne led Nebraska team drop 63 on Indiana in Btown.  It happens....

Sorry nothing to do with the conversation...just an old man flashback!!  It was the number you chose to use!!!

1 minute ago, temptation said:

If you say so...

Why would they not? Roncalli HATES Cathedral. Roncalli hated Cathedral so much that at one point several years back, they tried to dictate where Cathedral got their kids ie "X amount of football roster must be catholic" while also telling Cathedral to stay out of the south deanery. When Cathedral laughed in their face, they took their ball and went home and stopped playing them. Cowards. 

10 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Why would they not? Roncalli HATES Cathedral. Roncalli hated Cathedral so much that at one point several years back, they tried to dictate where Cathedral got their kids ie "X amount of football roster must be catholic" while also telling Cathedral to stay out of the south deanery. When Cathedral laughed in their face, they took their ball and went home and stopped playing them. Cowards. 

I mean you also told me that Ohio State was angry about 2021 and was going to hang 50+ on Michigan last November so I guess I should listen to you on this subject.

Just now, temptation said:

I mean you also told me that Ohio State was angry about 2021 and was going to hang 50+ on Michigan last November so I guess I should listen to you on this subject.

What does that have to do with anything lol?

If given the opportunity, Roncalli would drop 63 on Cathedral and not think twice about it and vice versa. Doesn't mean it's going to play out that way however.

Look at what Cathedral did to Roncalli right around the time it was announced the regular season series was going away. 55-10, 41-10, 48-7.

1 minute ago, Footballking16 said:

What does that have to do with anything lol?

If given the opportunity, Roncalli would drop 63 on Cathedral and not think twice about it and vice versa. Doesn't mean it's going to play out that way however.

Look at what Cathedral did to Roncalli right around the time it was announced the regular season series was going away. 55-10, 41-10, 48-7.

“Hatred” determines victory margins in your mind apparently…