Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC Week 9

After what I saw last night Wagner player of the year. I’d be fine if they split it with Vera. Bosse Coach Mullen should be in real consideration for coach of the year. I don’t care what there record is. I counted 25 kids in jerseys. What they have done is unreal congratulations to them. 

2 hours ago, TransplantedPanther said:

Something to think about here. If Reitz, Castle, and Jasper all win Friday, Reitz wins the conference by three games again this season. That is really amazing, and shows the absolute parity of the league. 

To be fair if we gave all our transfer students back it would be a little closer. It’s getting a little dark on the hill. Good times to be a Panther though. 

13 hours ago, TransplantedPanther said:

Something to think about here. If Reitz, Castle, and Jasper all win Friday, Reitz wins the conference by three games again this season. That is really amazing, and shows the absolute parity of the league. 

Add North to that group and five teams will be tied for second place at 6-3

Edited by Alduflux

23 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

Floyd Central fan here. Tell me about Evansville North and Castle this season? They look good based on results.

Putting in briefly…

Castle has a good offense capable of putting up a lot of points. Their most dangerous threat is a WR/RB hybrid #17…good size and speed. Capable of turning any play into a TD. Their defense is prone to giving up points. 

North probably has the biggest and strongest OL/DL in the south. But they don’t play as well when they get worn out. They want to run the ball on offense and they have a solid run defense. This is their best team since ‘07 I would say. They look the part but they don’t always play it. 

If you’re comparing North and Castle, their week 1 game was 21-14 North won, but Castle had opportunities to win it. If you want to compare recent common opponent, North lost to Jasper 35-21 but Castle beat Jasper 39-33. At this point, I think both teams got better and they have the same record, so it’s hard to say who is better. Both teams will provide a tough challenge but are beatable. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Football Fanatic said:

Putting in briefly…

Castle has a good offense capable of putting up a lot of points. Their most dangerous threat is a WR/RB hybrid #17…good size and speed. Capable of turning any play into a TD. Their defense is prone to giving up points. 

North probably has the biggest and strongest OL/DL in the south. But they don’t play as well when they get worn out. They want to run the ball on offense and they have a solid run defense. This is their best team since ‘07 I would say. They look the part but they don’t always play it. 

If you’re comparing North and Castle, their week 1 game was 21-14 North won, but Castle had opportunities to win it. If you want to compare recent common opponent, North lost to Jasper 35-21 but Castle beat Jasper 39-33. At this point, I think both teams got better and they have the same record, so it’s hard to say who is better. Both teams will provide a tough challenge but are beatable. 

I appreciate the analysis.

(Picks are based off of JH lines posted at the top)

Central @ North (-42): North wins this one running away. 42 points is a bunch. North wins, and covers. North -42

Harrison @ Bosse (-18): Wagner to cement his POY case tonight? Bosse wins this one and covers. Bosse -18

MD @ Reitz (-32): Reitz gets the undefeated regular season, again, does not cover. MD +32

Memorial @ Castle (-7): Memorial is struggling right now in the worst way. Fisher out for good, Rode not himself (yet), OL struggling to block. Castle wins this one and covers. Castle -7

Jasper @ VL (-4): VL without Hunt will continue to struggle to score enough points against a quality D. Cats were able to put back to back games with 30+ points on teams, one being North who shut out VL. Cats win this by 2 scores (at least). Give me Jasper +4

Rivalry week. And then there weee no more weeks of the regular season. 

Bosse over Harrison

North rolls Central

Reitz beats MD comfortably

Castle beats Memorial as struggles continue

Jasper holds on to beat Lincoln

This really does a doozy to the standings. Reitz goes 9-0 and wins conference by three games, while five teams (Lincoln, Jasper, Castle, Memorial, North) all tie for second with three losses. 

3 hours ago, TransplantedPanther said:

This really does a doozy to the standings. Reitz goes 9-0 and wins conference by three games, while five teams (Lincoln, Jasper, Castle, Memorial, North) all tie for second with three losses. 

Sets up a perfect repeat of last year, 10-0 Reitz loses on the road in Round 2.... LOL