18. Franklin Central
  19. Noblesville
  20. Bloomington North
  21. Bloomington South 
  22. Merrillville
  23. New Palestine
  24. Warren Central
  25. Mishawaka

Switch 2 & 3. CG seems a little more consistent than BD. 

Slide Crown Point behind Carroll. The Chargers are king of 6A North (north of Indy) until dethroned. 

Bump Noblesville and Lawrence North in front of Penn. Would you take the Kingsmen over the Millers in a bet?

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Slide Crown Point behind Carroll. The Chargers are king of 6A North (north of Indy) until dethroned. 

Bump Noblesville and Lawrence North in front of Penn. Would you take the Kingsmen over the Millers in a bet?

Judging by what Noblesville did to Homestead , thinking I would have Noblesville around #10

Edited by GOLDRUSH1985

3 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Judging by what Noblesville did to Homestead , thinking I would have Noblesville around #10

That was a really bad look for SAC football. Not sure what happened to Homestead a week after almost beating Carmel. I'm not ready to put Noblesville at #10, that would put them right there with two teams that beat them by three touchdowns. I'd rework 13-19 by moving all Indy teams up (painful for me to admit), and slide Penn and Reitz down to 18/19. Maybe knock Valpo down to 25 with the loss of their RB?

35 minutes ago, BTF said:

That was a really bad look for SAC football. Not sure what happened to Homestead a week after almost beating Carmel. I'm not ready to put Noblesville at #10, that would put them right there with two teams that beat them by three touchdowns. I'd rework 13-19 by moving all Indy teams up (painful for me to admit), and slide Penn and Reitz down to 18/19. Maybe knock Valpo down to 25 with the loss of their RB?

That may be true , but judging by what Noblesville did to homestead and the Carroll vs Homestead and Snider vs Homestead games . I would move Noblesville in front of both of them as well . 

55 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

That may be true , but judging by what Noblesville did to homestead and the Carroll vs Homestead and Snider vs Homestead games . I would move Noblesville in front of both of them as well . 

That could be true and that is a legit observation, but.....................HSE beat Noblesville by three touchdowns where Carroll played the Royals even with the difference being two pick-6's for touchdowns. Snider beat Carroll (very even game to be fair). Snider waxed WC who almost beat Ben Davis and Carmel. Where is the end to this? You just have to go by your gut and what you see on the field when forming an opinion poll. I've always been a fan of Penn doing well for the north, not the mention the respect the Carroll and Snider contingents have for their program. But outside of the Valpo win, some of the other scores make me wonder if they are a Top 15 team. Top 20 for sure. 

Edited by BTF
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, BTF said:

Would you take Crown Point over Noblesville in a bet?

37 minutes ago, BTF said:

Lol, that's a hard one. I'll pass on that question. 

Not sure why that's a hard one . You already said move Noblesville in front of Penn . Penn has a better win against Valpo than Crown Point does. Penn also has a win over Mishawaka who I would pick to beat anyone that Crown Point has played. 

11 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Not sure why that's a hard one . You already said move Noblesville in front of Penn . Penn has a better win against Valpo than Crown Point does. Penn also has a win over Mishawaka who I would pick to beat anyone that Crown Point has played. 

I figured that's where you're going with this, but there's no end to it. Do we rank Snider ahead of Ben Davis since they had a better win over Warren Central? You've been Penn's biggest critic, not sure why you're defending them as I question their rank. I hope I'm wrong as I like to see Penn do well. Indiana football is better when Penn is part of the conversation. They have a good win over Valpo, for sure. But the loss to Cathedral was pretty bad. It makes me wonder if Carroll/Penn 2023 will be a repeat of 2022. Again, nothing against the Kingsmen, just an opinion here. And for the record, it wouldn't hurt my feelings to see Penn beat Carroll this year.  

9 minutes ago, BTF said:

I figured that's where you're going with this, but there's no end to it. Do we rank Snider ahead of Ben Davis since they had a better win over Warren Central? You've been Penn's biggest critic, not sure why you're defending them as I question their rank. I hope I'm wrong as I like to see Penn do well. Indiana football is better when Penn is part of the conversation. They have a good win over Valpo, for sure. But the loss to Cathedral was pretty bad. It makes me wonder if Carroll/Penn 2023 will be a repeat of 2022. Again, nothing against the Kingsmen, just an opinion here. And for the record, it wouldn't hurt my feelings to see Penn beat Carroll this year.  

Not defending Penn , Saying CP is ranked way to High . 

3 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

I would take Lawrence North , Franklin Central and Noblesville over Penn and CP . 

That's valid. It's really hard to say until Crown Point plays someone outside the region. Personally, I think Penn was Valpo's wake up call in Week 1. Maybe the Vikings didn't have the right mindset as the defending state champs with 90% of their starters back. They appear to be playing better now. Crown Point seems to be really consistent this year, that's the mark of a good team, and maybe why they are ranked so high. But I can get on board with the Indy teams jumping up in the poll. They're more battle tested than anyone in the state. 

3 hours ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

I would take Lawrence North , Franklin Central and Noblesville over Penn and CP . 

I’ve seen CP play 4 times this year. Pretty confident any of these teams beat the Dogs by 21+. CP is just the best team in an extremely mediocre DAC. 

Worth mentioning that Valpo’s 2nd string RB went down in the first half of their game against Portage this past week and did not return. Valpo even went to a 2 QB system in the second half seemingly because of it, using the backup QB who is a better passer than Clark. Needless to say, the Vikings look VERY vulnerable at the moment.

On 10/7/2023 at 9:28 AM, BTF said:

I agree, Carroll is the class of sectionals 1 and 2 until the get beat. The got a tough draw in Warsaw, but I expect Carroll to come out on top.  They will get a cushy home game against Penn in game 2, which based on what I have seen this year will likely turn out like it did last year.

Over the past few weeks Penn's O has struggled to produce consistently; Elkhart, St. Joe and New Prairie all these games had touchdowns taken off the board or drives bog down due to penalties or lack of concentration. 

I feel like as the season has progressed the Kingsmen have regressed as a team. 

6 HCC teams out of 8 in this poll.  Franklin Central with the 8th toughest schedule in the state per Sagarin, the lowest of those 6 teams. Westfield at #2 is the highest.  Not too shabby, considering they tend to beat up on each other. Noblesville could make some noise. That offense that they run is very difficult to defend if you're not used to going against it. That showed last Friday against Brownsburg. Guaranteed they will give either Westfield or Carmel a game if they get by Zionsville. 

1 hour ago, WestfieldRocks said:

6 HCC teams out of 8 in this poll.  Franklin Central with the 8th toughest schedule in the state per Sagarin, the lowest of those 6 teams. Westfield at #2 is the highest.  Not too shabby, considering they tend to beat up on each other. Noblesville could make some noise. That offense that they run is very difficult to defend if you're not used to going against it. That showed last Friday against Brownsburg. Guaranteed they will give either Westfield or Carmel a game if they get by Zionsville. 

It must be nice to play in a conference where every team you play in conference is within your class. 

Envious. 

5 hours ago, WestfieldRocks said:

Lafayette Jeff knew the HCC would be the best conference in the state in 2004.  It has taken a few years, but that year is here.  Lafayette Jeff couldn't take the heat and had to get out of the HCC.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

It must be nice to play in a conference where every team you play in conference is within your class. 

Envious. 

It is now. When the conference was formed over 20 years ago, Westfield and Zionsville were the smaller schools, and took their lumps. It took quite a while, but Westfield has been full steam ahead in the development of the city since becoming a city in 2008, whereas Zionsville has preferred to keep the more smaller village feel. School enrollment has increased tremendously. They have invested in and will continue to invest in better facilities.  Families are moving here as fast as the developers can build homes.

The coaches never were fans of the old 10 school conference, since that did not allow for non conference games. Once the three Lafayette schools left, the seven remaining, now eight with the addition of Franklin Central, has allowed them to schedule some strong non conference opponents. That has also helped.