Castle (-28) at New Albany

S24:

Reitz (-18) at Bedford North Lawrence 

Memorial at Jasper (-3)

S30:

Pike Central at Vincennes Lincoln (-49)

S40:

North Posey at Mater Dei (+7)

I don’t know much about any of these opposing teams (other than the SIAC game, obviously) but the lines seem fair at first glance. 

other than VL. Good god! How bad is PC? I know they are historically down but that is a TON of points for a spread! 

Also think NP may cover the -7. 

Gut tells me Jasper wins, unless the sloppiness continues. 

Give me Floyd, Castle, and Reitz. No cover from Reitz. 

Eye Test All-City Team: Just City schools, any thoughts?

QB -Wagner Bosse

RB- Weird year no one stands out?

WR-Tomlinson Bosse

WR-Vera Jr Reitz

Wr-Summers Reitz

Tackles-Dixon North

Boeke-Reitz

Guards-Jones Memorial

Griffin-Bosse

Center-Davis North

Extra skill Esperman Memorial 

Massey Ratings:

Castle at New Albany (-36), 99% chance of victory for the Knights

North (-23) at Floyd Central, 88% chance of victory for the Huskies

Reitz (-30) at BNL, 98% chance of victory for the Panthers

Memorial at Jasper (-6), 61% chance of victory for the Cats

Pike Central at VL (-46), 100% chance of victory for the Alices

North Posey at Mater Dei (-15), 81% chance of victory for the Cats

1 hour ago, TigerFan20 said:

Massey Ratings:

Interesting... Does Massey give a lot of weight to SOS? Sagarin has MD at 35th and NP at 212th.  You know, the "gauntlet" and all... LOL

Edited by tango
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, tango said:

Interesting... Does Massey give a lot of weight to SOS? Sagarin has MD at 35th and NP at 212th.  You know, the "gauntlet" and all... LOL

Probably since MD has a SOS of 1672 compared to NP’s 7426 on his site. I’ve always felt Massey has SIAC teams being heavy favorites early on in the sectional games. 

Edited by TigerFan20

On 10/21/2023 at 6:52 PM, TigerFan20 said:

JH Lines:
S16:

North (-3) at Floyd Central

Castle (-28) at New Albany

S24:

Reitz (-18) at Bedford North Lawrence 

Memorial at Jasper (-3)

S30:

Pike Central at Vincennes Lincoln (-49)

S40:

North Posey at Mater Dei (+7)

Give me VL, Castle, Reitz, Floyd Central, MD and Memorial (in descending order of confidence)...

4 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Massey Ratings:

I'm guessing MD is the best 3-7 2A team in the state, but they are 3-7 for a reason.  This isn't last year's team.  It should be MD +15.

4 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Massey Ratings:

Castle at New Albany (-36), 99% chance of victory for the Knights

I think it is actually Castle -36

1 hour ago, Alduflux said:

I'm guessing MD is the best 3-7 2A team in the state, but they are 3-7 for a reason.  This isn't last year's team.  It should be MD +15.

I think it is actually Castle -36

Yes my apologies 

6 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Castle (-36) at New Albany, 99% chance of victory for the Knights

Dang you edit timer

Looking at the predictions for the NP @ MD game, it is interesting how Massey & CalPreps have nearly identical scores but predict different winners.  Algos gone wild!

Massey gives nod to MD, CalPreps picks the Vikings and John Harrel picks the Vikings by a TD 28 - 21.  No idea how this one turns out just hoping for a good game and that MD finds a way to keep "The Streak" alive for one more year!  All my NP friends are wearing me out with their; "This is the year!" comments...could be, should be but...

https://tenor.com/view/winning-streak-gif-25377091

<div class="tenor-gif-embed" data-postid="25377091" data-share-method="host" data-aspect-ratio="1.33333" data-width="100%"><a href="https://tenor.com/view/winning-streak-gif-25377091">Winning Streak GIF</a>from <a href="https://tenor.com/search/winning-gifs">Winning GIFs</a></div> <script type="text/javascript" async src="https://tenor.com/embed.js"></script>

• Like 1

On 10/22/2023 at 8:29 PM, Evansville50 said:

QB -Wagner Bosse

This may break with the norms for selecting this team but why not put Wagner in the RB slot?  While he can throw, his best plays are with his feet...put him at RB and every team in the city & SIAC  is stronger.  Of course, this leaves the QB spot open and, to be honest, none have stood this year in my opinion.  Ellesperman from Memorial was doing well up to the point of his injury.

7 hours ago, MDAlum82 said:

This may break with the norms for selecting this team but why not put Wagner in the RB slot?  While he can throw, his best plays are with his feet...put him at RB and every team in the city & SIAC  is stronger.  Of course, this leaves the QB spot open and, to be honest, none have stood this year in my opinion.  Ellesperman from Memorial was doing well up to the point of his injury.

You mean Fisher? Best QB in SIAC had he not been injured....

20 minutes ago, tango said:

You mean Fisher? Best QB in SIAC had he not been injured....

Oops, yes, sorry.  Fisher.  So many good QBs coming out of Memorial over the past decade, I confused the names.  Apologies to Mr. Fisher and proper kudos to him here.

On 10/22/2023 at 8:29 PM, Evansville50 said:

QB -Wagner Bosse

WR-Tomlinson Bosse

WR-Vera Jr Reitz

Wr-Summers Reitz

Tackles-Dixon North

Boeke-Reitz

Guards-Jones Memorial

Griffin-Bosse

Center-Davis North

Extra skill Esperman Memorial 

easy--RB1: Rode, MHS

5 minutes ago, FootballFan2000 said:

I’m sorry. But I have to dispute this. These haven’t been updated since post week 7 so forgive me but Rode’s name is not on either of these lists so how exactly is he “easy” RB1 choice for all-city team? 

IMG_1524.jpeg

To add to this, Rode ranks 3rd on his own team for rushing yards. Northington from North, for comparison, has him by about 500 yards and equal TDs. 

10 hours ago, FootballFan2000 said:

To add to this, Rode ranks 3rd on his own team for rushing yards. Northington from North, for comparison, has him by about 500 yards and equal TDs. 

Pardon my "piing on" here...   Assess me the full 15 Yds and automatic 1st down...  But, in the Tigers victory over MD, the Tigers' ground game struggled until 2nd half when Rode was replaced after being injured. The RB that took his place was much quicker and gave MD fits in 2nd half.  Rode may not even be the best RB on the Tigers' roster this season.

Edited by MDAlum82
content

This is the year!

A really solid group from north posey will prove that mater dei playing a "tough" SIAC schedule means nothing when they have inferior talent at every level. 

North posey has a big o line who can push almost anyone around. Their rushing attack is so dominant on every level- I would bet mater dei has not seen anyone run as hard as Galvin and Stone.

Defensively, held 1 loss Heritage hills who averages 40+ points per game to 10 points. Strong at every level, pass defense is much improved from last season.

mater dei looks soft on the games I have seen on the news. The Vikings will hit every play.

Been looking forward to seeing this team beat mater dei since they started coming together 2 year ago, and really been looking forward to a Poseyville win since 2012!

This is the year!