Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

My post in the Travel Rule thread:

I love it when one of our schools decides it wants to wear big boy pants all the time.

St. Frances is going to be interesting. They were “only” 5-6 last season. But their schedule included heavyweights like Buford (GA), Chaminade (FL), Mater Dei (CA), East St. Louis, (IL), St. John Bosco (CA), IMG (FL). A little road trip to Indianapolis is nothing for those guys.

22 hours ago, Bobref said:

My post in the Travel Rule thread:

I love it when one of our schools decides it wants to wear big boy pants all the time.

St. Frances is going to be interesting. They were “only” 5-6 last season. But their schedule included heavyweights like Buford (GA), Chaminade (FL), Mater Dei (CA), East St. Louis, (IL), St. John Bosco (CA), IMG (FL). A little road trip to Indianapolis is nothing for those guys.

St. Frances typically has about 7-9 high level FBS recruits. 

On 2/9/2024 at 3:35 PM, US31 said:

Could we find more HCC teams than MIC teams on the regular season schedule for CG in a few years?

With their only being only 6 teams in the MIC, their are more open dates for them to schedule CG then the HHC with 8 teams.  In truth I was a little shocked to see Westfield, I believe they are one of the schools that voted no to let CG in the HHC.

Edited by Trojanmp52

20 hours ago, Trojanmp52 said:

With their only being only 6 teams in the MIC, their are more open dates for them to schedule CG then the HHC with 8 teams.  In truth I was a little shocked to see Westfield, I believe they are one of the schools that voted no to let CG in the HHC.

I don't think football was the reason that most of these schools said "no" to CG....travel time in other sports with many weeknight events was the reason I heard more often.  Remember it wasn't too long ago that all of the big 3 Lafayette schools were in the HCC.  Travel time/cost was the reason they were given the boot.

I think most of the HCC schools would welcome the competition (and the gate money) from a CG regular season game.

37 minutes ago, US31 said:

I don't think football was the reason that most of these schools said "no" to CG....travel time in other sports with many weeknight events was the reason I heard more often.  Remember it wasn't too long ago that all of the big 3 Lafayette schools were in the HCC.  Travel time/cost was the reason they were given the boot.

I think most of the HCC schools would welcome the competition (and the gate money) from a CG regular season game.

Travel to CG too much, but FC not the case??

Interstate 69 completed soon (planned by end of 2024) which will make it much easier and I bet quicker than FC.

1 hour ago, US31 said:

Keep in mind HCC also voted down Carmel to join as well. Can’t blame that one on travel time. People tend to forget that. I think travel time is a poor excuse.

17 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

Keep in mind HCC also voted down Carmel to join as well. Can’t blame that one on travel time. People tend to forget that. I think travel time is a poor excuse.

To add on, other CG sports are playing HCC schools.  CG boys basketball just played Zionsville a few nights ago.  They played 4 HCC schools during the season.  The CG girls basketball team also played 4 HCC schools during the regular season.

My post above was specific to CG because that was the topic.  But I'll elaborate on Carmel, since I'm sure I've made these comments before elsewhere on this forum.  Caveat....I'm not a voting admin, and I'm also not saying the decision was right or wrong....but from discussions with several HCC coaches in a variety of sports....the reasons CG and Carmel were voted "no" were very differnet.  The short version....

Enough HCC schools didn't want a 5000+ school in their conference (espcially if it was already in their sectional).  You can guess for yourself which sports felt most strongly about this.

Enough HCC schools didn't want to drive almost all the way to Bargersville on week nights.  Again, it wasn't so long ago many of the HCC admin's decided Lafayette was too far and too often.

Personally I feel CG and Carmel would be great fits for the HCC in football.  But our contests are on Friday/Saturdays.  I don't feel its my place to tell coaches of the other sports with many weeknight contests, or in sports up against Carmel juggernaught teams, that they voted wrong.

Theoretically, if HCC went back to floating non-con weeks...most HCC schools that wanted to would be able to schedule one or maybe both of those teams in footbball right away.  

Edited by US31

37 minutes ago, US31 said:

My post above was specific to CG because that was the topic.  But I'll elaborate on Carmel, since I'm sure I've made these comments before elsewhere on this forum.  Caveat....I'm not a voting admin, and I'm also not saying the decision was right or wrong....but from discussions with several HCC coaches in a variety of sports....the reasons CG and Carmel were voted "no" were very differnet.  The short version....

Enough HCC schools didn't want a 5000+ school in their conference (espcially if it was already in their sectional).  You can guess for yourself which sports felt most strongly about this.

Enough HCC schools didn't want to drive almost all the way to Bargersville on week nights.  Again, it wasn't so long ago many of the HCC admin's decided Lafayette was too far and too often.

Personally I feel CG and Carmel would be great fits for the HCC in football.  But our contests are on Friday/Saturdays.  I don't feel its my place to tell coaches of the other sports with many weeknight contests, or in sports up against Carmel juggernaught teams, that they voted wrong.

Theoretically, if HCC went back to floating non-con weeks...most HCC schools that wanted to would be able to schedule one or maybe both of those teams in footbball right away.  

If you would say most coaches don't want to drive to 2 schools located on the south side, I would buy that.  But they already do it for FC.  With I-69 to be open late 2024, they will speed up things big time.  Can be at the HS school very quick off the 144 exit and the new access road connecting into Stones Crossing Rd.

Perhaps soon when Whiteland becomes 6A (and my guess eventually Franklin), that will lead to a new conference.  But its beyond unfortunate what CG is being forced to do in order to get a full schedule for football....and the additional impacts on the CG middle schools for football.  Funny how it doesn't seem to impact the other sports, that also play on week nights......

Perhaps if Coach West builds a top program at FC, the Flashes will find themselves looking for a new home......

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

If you would say most coaches don't want to drive to 2 schools located on the south side, I would buy that.  But they already do it for FC.  With I-69 to be open late 2024, they will speed up things big time.  Can be at the HS school very quick off the 144 exit and the new access road connecting into Stones Crossing Rd.

Perhaps soon when Whiteland becomes 6A (and my guess eventually Franklin), that will lead to a new conference.  But its beyond unfortunate what CG is being forced to do in order to get a full schedule for football....and the additional impacts on the CG middle schools for football.  Funny how it doesn't seem to impact the other sports, that also play on week nights......

Perhaps if Coach West builds a top program at FC, the Flashes will find themselves looking for a new home......

I don't disagree with much anything you've said.  I'm just communicating what I hear from HCC perspective.

I also agree there will be change in conference alignment in the not so distant future, I've predicted before (and still feel this way)...I think we will see a realignment of MIC/HCC schools into a "North side" and a "South side" conference.  Particularly with the rise of schools like you have mentioned.

Only thing I would add is that the problems the MIC has went through aren't necessarily the HCC's to solve.  

2 hours ago, US31 said:

I don't disagree with much anything you've said.  I'm just communicating what I hear from HCC perspective.

I also agree there will be change in conference alignment in the not so distant future, I've predicted before (and still feel this way)...I think we will see a realignment of MIC/HCC schools into a "North side" and a "South side" conference.  Particularly with the rise of schools like you have mentioned.

Only thing I would add is that the problems the MIC has went through aren't necessarily the HCC's to solve.  

No disagreement with your comments......that would be great to see a north and south division at some point in the future.

I don't see it as a problem for the HCC to solve....I see the addition of a school like CG as a huge upside for all parties.  (I admit...I am biased)

13 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

No disagreement with your comments......that would be great to see a north and south division at some point in the future.

I don't see it as a problem for the HCC to solve....I see the addition of a school like CG as a huge upside for all parties.  (I admit...I am biased)

Has CG received its apology letter (specifically from Carmel and Warren) yet?

• Haha 1