Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

DAC week 3 with predictions!

Michigan city(0-2) @ Chesterton (1-1)- this game could be close Chesterton will see a Michigan city team that has speed! But the defense for Michigan city so far has been non existent. They have lost to warsaw and laffyette jeff. While Chesterton beat Hobart and lost to warsaw. I’ll take Chesterton 35-14

Laporte(0-2) @ valpo(1-1)- not much to say here Valpo hasn’t called that far off to allow Laporte to compete. Valpo big 42-7

Lake central(1-1) @ portage(1-1)- both teams are trying to rebuild there programs! I’ll take portage in a good fought game 28-24

game of week: 

crown point @ merrillville-

My non bias breakdown:

crown point: has a big offense line and a good QB/RB combo. They rolled Lowell and beat Andrean by 10 after a late rally by Andrean. Coach buzz has them on the right path. But Andrean did exploit crown point DBs when it came to pass they showed that crown point can’t play man to man because the DBs arent quick enough to keep up with a really athletic athlete. This needs to be a 3 yards and a cloud of dust control the clock game against a fast athletic defense that crown point hasn’t seen yet. And they haven’t been able to live ball against in 3 years. 

merrillville: Justin Marshall has proven this year and last year to be a game changer. Senior QB Jaylen Thomas is getting more comfortable each game running the offense. Merrillville has to get the pass game going because there not gonna win a run bs run game with crown point. Merrillville has to much talent! And is to athletic to not control this game after the 1st qtr. 

prediction: merrillville gets the pass game going and a good balanced rush attack. They also have there defense show up if everyone is healthy and they shut crown point down for most the game. 

merrillville gets 2 turnovers and that’s the difference in the game 

merrillville 35-21

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Piratefan101 said:

Michigan city(0-2) @ Chesterton (1-1)- this game could be close Chesterton will see a Michigan city team that has speed! But the defense for Michigan city so far has been non existent. They have lost to warsaw and laffyette jeff. While Chesterton beat Hobart and lost to warsaw. I’ll take Chesterton 35-14

Laporte(0-2) @ valpo(1-1)- not much to say here Valpo hasn’t called that far off to allow Laporte to compete. Valpo big 42-7

Lake central(1-1) @ portage(1-1)- both teams are trying to rebuild there programs! I’ll take portage in a good fought game 28-24

game of week: 

crown point @ merrillville-

My non bias breakdown:

crown point: has a big offense line and a good QB/RB combo. They rolled Lowell and beat Andrean by 10 after a late rally by Andrean. Coach buzz has them on the right path. But Andrean did exploit crown point DBs when it came to pass they showed that crown point can’t play man to man because the DBs arent quick enough to keep up with a really athletic athlete. This needs to be a 3 yards and a cloud of dust control the clock game against a fast athletic defense that crown point hasn’t seen yet. And they haven’t been able to live ball against in 3 years. 

merrillville: Justin Marshall has proven this year and last year to be a game changer. Senior QB Jaylen Thomas is getting more comfortable each game running the offense. Merrillville has to get the pass game going because there not gonna win a run bs run game with crown point. Merrillville has to much talent! And is to athletic to not control this game after the 1st qtr. 

prediction: merrillville gets the pass game going and a good balanced rush attack. They also have there defense show up if everyone is healthy and they shut crown point down for most the game. 

merrillville gets 2 turnovers and that’s the difference in the game 

merrillville 35-21

If Crown Point beats Merrillville this year, they’ll never look back as that machine is just getting started.

Merrillville could go from “best in state” to “#2 in conference” really fast, lol.

18 minutes ago, temptation said:

f Crown Point beats Merrillville this year, they’ll never look back as that machine is just getting started.

Merrillville could go from “best in state” to “#2 in conference” really fast, lol.

That is not going to happen assuming Merrillville has all of their players available this week. After watching both teams the last two weeks, Merrillville is the superior team. They aren't nearly as big up front as CP but much much faster and athletic. CP defense is a major liability especially their secondary. CP offensive line play is very good, QB undersized but quick, and RB is big but not fast. I don't believe CP has an answer for Marshall but then again not many teams do.

CP only chance is Merrillville turns the ball over and CP has big advantage in time of possession. 

Merrillville by at least 2 td's.

1 minute ago, RegionFBFan said:

That is not going to happen assuming Merrillville has all of their players available this week. After watching both teams the last two weeks, Merrillville is the superior team. They aren't nearly as big up front as CP but much much faster and athletic. CP defense is a major liability especially their secondary. CP offensive line play is very good, QB undersized but quick, and RB is big but not fast. I don't believe CP has an answer for Marshall but then again not many teams do.

CP only chance is Merrillville turns the ball over and CP has big advantage in time of possession. 

Merrillville by at least 2 td's.

You might be right but there is some pretty damning evidence that makes it hard to believe in Merrillville in the other thread.

Not hitching my wagons to them.

They may be favored here but Crown Point is coming…

46 minutes ago, temptation said:

I'm not there yet with CP. Let's see how they do in the DAC vs other 6A and 5A squads. Are they better than last year...possibly. They have always had big kids but not elite level talent at skill positions. What I saw Friday night has not changed my opinion in that regard. CP will beat similar DAC opponents to them but vs more athletic teams like Merrillville and MC it will be a challenge. Time will tell.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, RegionFBFan said:

I'm not there yet with CP. Let's see how they do in the DAC vs other 6A and 5A squads. Are they better than last year...possibly. They have always had big kids but not elite level talent at skill positions. What I saw Friday night has not changed my opinion in that regard. CP will beat similar DAC opponents to them but vs more athletic teams like Merrillville and MC it will be a challenge. Time will tell.

I’m glad someone said it. It’s a very well coached school vs a athlete filled school. And normally in the DAC the athletic wins. Crown point doesn’t have the speed to play with merrillville. But Michigan city is down this year they may be able to take them 

1 hour ago, temptation said:

You might be right but there is some pretty damning evidence that makes it hard to believe in Merrillville in the other thread.

Not hitching my wagons to them.

Crown point will be top 3 soon. But they won’t take the conference for a while yet. Merrillville/city/Valpo will be the top for a few more years 

1 hour ago, Piratefan101 said:

Crown point will be top 3 soon. But they won’t take the conference for a while yet. Merrillville/city/Valpo will be the top for a few more years 

You’re all over the place. Just weeks ago you insisted City ended to fire Mason if the wanted to be in the top of the DAC.

1 hour ago, Boilernation said:

You’re all over the place. Just weeks ago you insisted City ended to fire Mason if the wanted to be in the top of the DAC.

Have you not seen there Twitter? There fans and parents want him gone 😂 they don’t think he can take them further. But that doesn’t make them not top 3

31 minutes ago, Piratefan101 said:

Have you not seen there Twitter? There fans and parents want him gone 😂 they don’t think he can take them further.

Short memories. Mason is 43-26 at MC. Buzea left after the 2006 season. Since then, before Mason came on the scene, they were 12-47.

7 hours ago, RegionFBFan said:

Calling them over MC THIS year.

7 hours ago, Piratefan101 said:

I’m glad someone said it. It’s a very well coached school vs a athlete filled school. And normally in the DAC the athletic wins. Crown point doesn’t have the speed to play with merrillville. But Michigan city is down this year they may be able to take them 

Way too throw your coach under the bus.

2 hours ago, BTF said:

Temp called this one. Why is Crown Point a threat to represent the north? Coach?

I believe because they have coach buzz, his all star coaching staff and his GUTS philosophy. And they’re still a fairly young team. Future is bright for CP 

7 minutes ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

I believe because they have coach buzz, his all star coaching staff and his GUTS philosophy. And they’re still a fairly young team. Future is bright for CP 

As I said...........6A north will be brutal. Sectional 2 might be the most competitive in the state with Penn, Carroll, Elkhart, and Warsaw. Then you have Crown Point, Fishers, and Hamilton Southeastern. Much love for Homestead, but I don't think this is the year of the Spartan. Don't sleep on Lafayette Jeff. Not much talk about Elkhart.........judgement day in two weeks.

3 hours ago, BTF said:

Temp called this one. Why is Crown Point a threat to represent the north? Coach?

Can’t take credit for this one.  I thought they’d close the gap and have a respectable loss.  Didn’t think they’d pull it off in 2022.

Anyone check out the watering holes/obituaries in Lake County for Parkhurst?

• Like 1

Hats off to CP!! They simply overpowered them at the line of scrimmage all night. Merrillville could not stop them. CP stopped themselves on turnovers on two possessions the others were methodical marches down the field from the start. CP defense is still a liability especially secondary.

I don't understand Coach Seiss' play calling in 2nd half especially the entire 4th quarter. He stopped giving the ball to Marshall and started giving it to Stephens. There is no comparison between those two. Marshall best player on the field and could not be stopped either running or receiving. Great atmosphere at the game! Good to see a large crowd.