Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Heartland Sectionals

31 minutes ago, Daniel_Bragg said:

Last week, they were in some sort of trance the entire 1st half.  On the scoreboard, the game looked close, but when you look at the stats, it tells a VERY different story.  That's okay though.  I have no problem with people believing that Sheridan is no good, especially going into this game.

MC big plays probably skewed the stats… that first TD by #20 …. WOW !

16 hours ago, khayward said:

Which part is uncalled for? I said I respected him and he should be praised etc. etc. Do I have to come to the alter you have for him and kiss the feet of his golden statue?
Again, you're proving my point, everyone loves to call "blasphemy" at the drop of a hat but not one person will answer the questions I have about the clear issues. Respond to those instead of crying for Bud Wright, he's surely taken plenty of criticism in his long tenure, this is nothing!
Tell me how running the same plays 3-4 times in a row consistently is good coaching.
Tell me how running the EXACT same defense, no changes, no adjustments, everyone 2 yards off the ball every play even in 3rd and 20+ is good coaching.

If you can't answer the questions and tell me how these and other coaching decisions are considered good coaching and make Sheridan coaching untouchable to criticism, then you need to keep your mouth shut.

The Sheridan fans can correct me if I'm wrong, but a coach isn't going to change his coaching philosophy after several years of coaching let alone 50+. Bud wants to play good defense and pound the ball/control the clock. That thinking has led to one of the most historic coaching careers in the nation. With that said, no coach is infallible or should be free from criticism. The simplicity of the offense and defense are probably a reflection of the team he has this year. A quick look at maxpreps looks like they are pretty young overall. Might be keeping things simple to get the kids playing fast. Traditionally Bud was an option guy, probably doesn't have the dudes to do that this year, so simplify. Regardless, the dude has plenty of hardware to support his coaching style and has the team playing for a regional title this Friday.

11 hours ago, Ballhawk said:

Your original comment was not respectful.  If you want to act like a tough guy, you’ve come to the wrong place loudmouth.  

You’re a disrespectful dbag.  Don’t act like a badass with me.  You’re just a turd who thinks he knows it all.  What level have you coached and what are your accomplishments?  Don’t come back with the “I played football” argument either.  

I can’t wait for your big boy response.  Or your threats.  I’ll shut my mouth when I choose to bubba.

You can't answer the questions so you double down on the insults because maybe that will cover up your lack of response. You were all chums with me on the other thread talking about wanting to get a drink and be friends LOL. You liked my criticism of the coaching in the past but not now, odd.
Just like YOU said before, I also want to "right the ship for Sheridan" and the quality of coaching is a clear issue that YOU have agreed with very recently! What changed? 

I can't wait for your lack of response again...

45 minutes ago, FarmerFran said:

The Sheridan fans can correct me if I'm wrong, but a coach isn't going to change his coaching philosophy after several years of coaching let alone 50+. Bud wants to play good defense and pound the ball/control the clock. That thinking has led to one of the most historic coaching careers in the nation. With that said, no coach is infallible or should be free from criticism. The simplicity of the offense and defense are probably a reflection of the team he has this year. A quick look at maxpreps looks like they are pretty young overall. Might be keeping things simple to get the kids playing fast. Traditionally Bud was an option guy, probably doesn't have the dudes to do that this year, so simplify. Regardless, the dude has plenty of hardware to support his coaching style and has the team playing for a regional title this Friday.

You are 100% right and I have been very clear in the past that the majority of my criticism is for the D Coordinator. He has all 11 guys 2 yards off the ball on every play, 3rd and 20? same D, no safety, no cover 2 looks ever. Look back at the scores Sheridan has given up in the last few seasons, Majority are on big plays, usually through the air(especially last year).
My only small complaints with Bud are on play calling but you are right that he may not have "the dudes" and that could be restricting his choices. For me it is all very predictable and would like to see him switch it up more than he does i.e. not run the ball left off tackle 3 plays in a row. Yea sometimes it works but it never does against better competition.  

At the end of the day I am excited to be following a team and a coach with such an amazingly rich history. Some here are mistaking my criticism as disrespect. I am trying to make light of my criticism and add jokes to keep it fun.

1 hour ago, khayward said:

You can't answer the questions so you double down on the insults because maybe that will cover up your lack of response. You were all chums with me on the other thread talking about wanting to get a drink and be friends LOL. You liked my criticism of the coaching in the past but not now, odd.
Just like YOU said before, I also want to "right the ship for Sheridan" and the quality of coaching is a clear issue that YOU have agreed with very recently! What changed? 

I thought you guys were going to talk football over Zimas and Funions. I swear to God you were 

• Haha 1

So those that have seen Carroll play this year, what do they have to do friday to get this game into the fourth quarter with a chance to win?  Or maybe what do they have to change up from what they have done this year. They seem to pass more than last year but still, if AC   shuts down the inside runs with the big boy then what?

Edited by Landrys Hat
spelling

1 hour ago, Donnie Baker said:

That’ll eliminate about %75 of your content, maybe even 3/4 and I’ll say it right to your face 

Pot. Kettle. Black.

59 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Don't think the Dollar serves Zimas. 

Silver Dollar.jpg

If you put a 10-spot on that windowsill and knock on the glass they will.    They just refuse to serve it inside the facility.  Just something I heard.

Edited by Muda69

1 hour ago, Landrys Hat said:

So those that have seen Carroll play this year, what do they have to do friday to get this game into the fourth quarter with a chance to win?  Or maybe what do they have to change up from what they have done this year. They seem to pass more than last year but still, if AC   shuts down the inside runs with the big boy then what?

Pray. The only team with a pulse that Carroll played all season was Sheridan. 

Edited by FarmerFran

31 minutes ago, dazed and confused said:

With all the road work on 31, whats best route coming from north ? east ? and best place for a bite, just n case ?

If you're coming south on 31, turn west(right) at 296th Street(600S) that is the Tipton/Hamilton County Line, at East Union. Then left on Jerkwater Road(W 36th) and that will take you south right to Sheridan. Turn left on 1st St, then left at the next street to the school. You should be able to follow the lights of the field if you get lost in Sheridan.

Edited by gonzoron

8 hours ago, gonzoron said:

If you're coming south on 31, turn west(right) at 296th Street(600S) that is the Tipton/Hamilton County Line, at East Union. Then left on Jerkwater Road(W 36th) and that will take you south right to Sheridan. Turn left on 1st St, then left at the next street to the school. You should be able to follow the lights of the field if you get lost in Sheridan.

Thanks Gonzo… Jerkwater Road… interesting name !

On 11/9/2023 at 9:09 AM, khayward said:

I would do my criticism/critique away from an internet message board.  I have plenty of answers.

You want to talk about it?  I'm all in, but not here.

I am curious as to your thoughts from last night's game?  I thought the old man outsmarted the HC of ND.  On a side note, how does the coach of ND even get to work around children after his stunt at HH?

On 11/11/2023 at 8:39 PM, Ballhawk said:

I would do my criticism/critique away from an internet message board.  I have plenty of answers.

You want to talk about it?  I'm all in, but not here.

I am curious as to your thoughts from last night's game?  I thought the old man outsmarted the HC of ND.  On a side note, how does the coach of ND even get to work around children after his stunt at HH?

You think he outsmarted them when he did not use the timeouts before halftime when we could’ve had another chance at at least a field goal? 

What about when we played 3 yards off the ball on defense in 3rd and more than 20 and got beat deep twice for TDs… one was at the end of the game when you should be playing prevent, nope just everyone in press man 3 yards off the ball. SMH

How about the first onside kick and we are not prepared and do not have the hands team on the field, luckily a lineman fell on it.

in what way did he outsmart the other coach? Because we had a trick play that happened to work at the end of the game?
They dropped some huge passes and their QB had some easy ones that he just completely missed. If they play a clean game on offense they could have easily won.

Out-coached IMO, glad the boys overcame and found a way to win. Regional Champs is a great accomplishment, we will have to play lights out our best game of the year to stay close with Lutheran.

6 minutes ago, khayward said:

You think he outsmarted them when he did not use the timeouts before halftime when we could’ve had another chance at at least a field goal? 

What about when we played 3 yards off the ball on defense in 3rd and more than 20 and got beat deep twice for TDs… one was at the end of the game when you should be playing prevent, nope just everyone in press man 3 yards off the ball. SMH

How about the first onside kick and we are not prepared and do not have the hands team on the field, luckily a lineman fell on it.

in what way did he outsmart the other coach? Because we had a trick play that happened to work at the end of the game?
They dropped some huge passes and their QB had some easy ones that he just completely missed. If they play a clean game on offense they could have easily won.

Out-coached IMO, glad the boys overcame and found a way to win. Regional Champs is a great accomplishment, we will have to play lights out our best game of the year to stay close with Lutheran.

I'm sorry your kid doesn't get more playing time.

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1

Legitimate gripe.  I'm not sure what coach was thinking, other than just trying to get to the locker room.

This wasn't on the coaching.  They were trying to move to a single-high safety defense, and ND came out in 5-wide.  The safety never stepped up to cover the open WR, LIKE HE WAS COACHED TO DO!  

The first onside kick was not a given that it would happen.  There was no problem in lining up like they did.  The young man that jumped on the ball did exactly what he was coached to do.

That trick play that you are trying to downplay here, is likely the difference in the outcome of that game.  I'm not sure what personal vendetta you have against Coach Wright, but most of your posts bagging on him have not exactly been from a place of deep analysis.

I'll be the first one to criticize the play-calling, coaching, etc., because that's my job.  However, outside of letting the clock run down in the 1st Half, Coach Wright didn't have very many moments of head-scratching on Friday.  Both teams were incredible.

BTW,  as I was flipping through all the various regional games on Friday night via the IHSAA TV app on my Roku,  I noticed that the BSM "intro" video before the streaming actually started was the shortest and least obnoxious of all the other games that had such intro videos.   By far the longest and most obnoxious was the Eastern Hancock/South Montgomery game.  That thing was some kind of minute+ long "Glory Days" homage to EH football, along with strategic sponsor placement.