• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/20/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired  James Broyles Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Jeremy Reynolds Hired Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired Indianapolis Washington :  ?    Steve Moorman Hired Indianapolis Attucks: ?   Ibrahim Tawfeek Hired
Sign in to follow this  
Coach Nowlin

Purdue Basketball

HUGE WEEK for BOILERS 

Cannot lose at home to OSU.    Greedy of me to think we will walk into Breslin and come away with a win.   I would be very happy with 1-1 split, but man if we can go 2-0.............

UGH::    Still Love my Boilers, but haven't played well as of late, finally bite them.   Rebounding issues that usually get masked by good 3 pt shooting.   

Onto to Michigan St.

That one was a bad one.  No doubt about it.  

They looked mentally tired, which led to poor execution on both ends against a very bad Wisconsin team.   Worst part is we lay an egg on Frank Kamisky night.   Him and Happ are my 2 want to throat punch players in Badger history.   UGH>   

However, I am NOT about to jump off the train, like many of these so called Boilermaker fans that I saw just ripping away in fiercely and may I personally add embarrassingly so. 

I understand some frustration from last night.   But acting like this team is going to lose every game moving forward is a bit much for this meat head 

just in a funk right now:  Last night, it looked to me that they were very mentally fatigued.   They have been together ALOT since summer, I know Painter has tried to steal rest all season, but playing overseas for USA, Bahamas trip and rattling off the 19 straight with extra media attention, you put that all together, you get what looked like a very mentally tired team.   Usually when that happens, you would like to think the SR laden group would be able to get out of that funk last night, and they did from like the 11 min mark to the 6 or so minute mark, they played focused and hard defense, got stops, got to the foul line and got the lead back up to 7 or 9 points.   THEN, they fell back into cruise control and Wisconsin hit shots, Happ destroyed us with his rec league moves and rest is history.  

Mental fatigue cherry on top, had to be Haas fouling down 3 after wisconsin worked the clock down under 10 on shot clock and Haas out of nowhere comes and hugs Happ....... Dumb on so many levels.   

I don't believe Crean should of gotten fired, good coach, better recruiter, he was fun to poke at with his antics, but he and Painter are not clueless.   

The fire Painter mob is dumb on thousand levels.   

Image result for Bring Cuonzo martin Home

BRING CUONZO HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :13_v:

Edited by EasyEJay

LOVE ZO:   HOWEVER

come back to me when he wins something of significance.  

He does have that CIT title in 2010 however, but got to sweet 16 in Tennessee before getting ran out.  Had 2 NBA players at Cal and got bounced by a 13 seed round 1 there.  Year 2, NIT bound.  

He did make a nice move hiring Porter's dad on staff to get him to Mizzou, but injury derailed his 1 and one year.  

So HARD PASS at this time, 

It appears that Purdue has a MUCH bigger problem staring them in the face that could end Painter's time there.

23 hours ago, Irishman said:

It appears that Purdue has a MUCH bigger problem staring them in the face that could end Painter's time there.

I will take that bet friend :17_v:

23 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

I will take that bet friend :17_v:

So you are not worried that Purdue was one team of several that was mentioned in the latest findings in the FBI investigation?

Even not being a fan, I hope you are right (but this is the FBI, not the NCAA investigating); this investigation could really change the game......and before all is said and done; even though something like 32 other programs have been mentioned, this is a LOT more widespread than any of us want to think.

no doubt about it pal, I just fully believe that MP is a guy who refused to go down that rabbit hole.   I hope he/PU doesn't break my heart. 

What a gritty performance last night, losing VE day before, and taking on a red hot PSU team.  So happy to get the W!!!    Penn St will be handful throughout the rest of the year and scary next year.  Carr is so tough!!   

18 hours ago, Irishman said:

Even not being a fan, I hope you are right (but this is the FBI, not the NCAA investigating); this investigation could really change the game......and before all is said and done; even though something like 32 other programs have been mentioned, this is a LOT more widespread than any of us want to think.

I'm legitimately worried for IU as well for the time Ken Johnson was an assistant under Tom Crean and the recruitment of Noah Vonleh  ...... Not that I believe Crean activity participated and recruits like Zeller and Ferrell ever took money but Crean could barely control the players inside his program let alone assistant coaches and I could see some deal being struck 

• Upvote 2

First wave survived ... This article from Yahoo Sports seems to be pretty sweeping and all encompassing.  Neither Purdue or IU are mentioned.  I doubt that means the smoke is clear, as there are other heads besides that will probably roll, but not being in this article is encouraging! 

https://sports.yahoo.com/exclusive-federal-documents-detail-sweeping-potential-ncaa-violations-involving-high-profile-players-schools-103338484.html

I have always thought MP to be running a clean program, and as much as I dislike IU, I never pegged Coach Cream as dirty!

44 minutes ago, eschnur66 said:

First wave survived ... This article from Yahoo Sports seems to be pretty sweeping and all encompassing.  Neither Purdue or IU are mentioned.  I doubt that means the smoke is clear, as there are other heads besides that will probably roll, but not being in this article is encouraging! 

https://sports.yahoo.com/exclusive-federal-documents-detail-sweeping-potential-ncaa-violations-involving-high-profile-players-schools-103338484.html

I have always thought MP to be running a clean program, and as much as I dislike IU, I never pegged Coach Cream as dirty!

Great news for both programs, terrible and troublesome news for the NCAA and College Basketball. I was never worries about Crean but Ken Johnson and his connection to the issues that went on at U of L and Noah Vohnleh did have me a little concerned but overall happy to see IU is clear and out of the woods.

It will be interesting to see what happens going forward.....

That game winner by Bridges should be thrown out and PU loss rescinded  :17_v:

BTW:   BOOGIE:   40 burger.   mercy    

25 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

That game winner by Bridges should be thrown out and PU loss rescinded  :17_v:

BTW:   BOOGIE:   40 burger.   mercy    

Boy ... Was he good last night!  The dunk in traffic that was a top play on SC this morning was incredible!  His emergence has been nothing short of outstanding.  

P.S. I really believe that Illinois will be a top half BIG team next year and really good!

Love Illinois style:  Reminds me of some of Painter teams with Kramer, but not as intense.   Agree both them and Penn St will be tough outs next year.

Not gonna lie, it was tough to hold back some emotions watching SR night videos and post game speeches from Boilers yesterday.   

Best news:  Boilers look to be locked into playing the final game each night in the Garden.   Flight leaves Wednesday night!!!   I am  beyond STOKED!!!   Boiler Up 

Pretty good last couple of games, looks like the Boilers are getting their groove back.

disappointing finish, but not angry at all, Would be if lost to anyone else but Michigan.   I blame Sparty.......

MSG and B10 Tournament was OUTSTANDING:    Job well done across the board.  So glad I went 

Purdue's Isaac Haas accused of lying about STD and infecting his former partner: https://www.jconline.com/story/news/local/purdue/2018/04/11/purdues-isaac-haas-accused-lying-std-and-infecting-his-former-partner/506982002/

A civil lawsuit alleges former Purdue basketball standout Isaac Haas infected his former partner with an incurable STD, and states she's not the first one he's infected. 

Alyssa Chambers filed a $1 million civil lawsuit in Tippecanoe Circuit Court Tuesday accusing Haas of lying to her about having a sexually transmitted disease — and subsequently, infecting her.

Chambers and Haas engaged in a brief sexual encounter on May 15, 2017, according to a notice of civil tort filed with the lawsuit. Chambers was found to be infected with herpes two weeks later, according to the filing, which also names Purdue University and Madison Millsaps as defendants in the case.

Chambers' notice of civil tort filing indicates she did not have sexual relations with anyone but Haas between May 15 and June 7, 2017, the date of her diagnosis with herpes.

Haas told Chambers he'd been treated for chlamydia and was clean by the time he and Chambers hooked up, according to the lawsuit filing.

Haas blamed Purdue University Student Health Services, saying he'd been tested, diagnosed, treated and tested again, when they told him he was "clean," according to the filing that cited Haas' text messages with Chambers.

Chambers received a text from another woman, possibly Millsaps, who alleged Haas had infected "a number of other individuals," according to the exhibits filed with the lawsuit.

Millsaps texted Chambers saying Haas infected her with herpes, and she threatened Haas with a civil suit, according to the filing.

When Millsaps learned Chambers' attorney filed a motion to preserve electronic data and documents through one of Haas' coaches, Millsaps texted Chambers, the lawsuit alleges.

"I caught wind of Isaac getting his papers and that my name was mentioned via one of the coaches," Millsaps allegedly wrote, according to the exhibits filed with the suit. "I don't want any part of this, nor can I. With nursing school, my godmom having cancer and my dad being deployed, I ask that if it's possible, please do not call me in to testify.

"... A lot of stuff you heard from me wasn't true because I was mad at Isaac, and I was trying to intentionally (mess) with you."

The lawsuit characterized Millsaps' text as "either an admission of an intentional infliction of emotional harm, or evidence of a conspiracy among Haas, Millsaps and Purdue coaches to cover up Haas' knowledge and wrongful conduct, just as he had previously indicated he would do," according to the filing.

Haas and Millsaps have liability for Chambers being infected because they tried to cover up Haas' infections and tried to dispute her allegations, as well as tried to persuade Chambers not to file suit, according to the filing.

Hmm.  An attempt at a form of gold digging?

I'm going to say no on the gold digging because Issac Haas won't get a sniff in the NBA 30 years ago he would have been a star but today's game no way he struggles to hit 8 foot jump shots, 7 footers gotta have a game like Anthony Davis or Kristap Porzingas 

3 hours ago, EasyEJay said:

I'm going to say no on the gold digging because Issac Haas won't get a sniff in the NBA 30 years ago he would have been a star but today's game no way he struggles to hit 8 foot jump shots, 7 footers gotta have a game like Anthony Davis or Kristap Porzingas 

said same thing about Etwaan, did you not?   

If this guy has a career, maybe Haas could too:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boban_Marjanović

But agree with assessment that different NBA game then it was in 80s. no doubt.