Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC Week 7

I cannot remember the last time Bosse was favored against Mater Dei.  However, looking at the line, Bosse - 7, I am not certain that is enough pts.  Their D is pretty good but MD STRUGGLES to move the ball, with little speed and inconsistent rhythm in their passing attack.  If MD can run the ball and set up more favorable down & distance situations for the passing game, they have a chance.  Wow, I cannot believe I just wrote that: "If MD does....it has a chance....against Bosse..."  This is the most difficult season in recent memory for MD.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MDAlum82 said:

I cannot remember the last time Bosse was favored against Mater Dei.  However, looking at the line, Bosse - 7, I am not certain that is enough pts.  Their D is pretty good but MD STRUGGLES to move the ball, with little speed and inconsistent rhythm in their passing attack.  If MD can run the ball and set up more favorable down & distance situations for the passing game, they have a chance.  Wow, I cannot believe I just wrote that: "If MD does....it has a chance....against Bosse..."  This is the most difficult season in recent memory for MD.

Agreed that giving seven isn’t enough for Bosse. They have been quite the surprise this year. Maybe this year will build some momentum for next year. 

1 hour ago, Evansville50 said:

Watching the replay of the Bulldogs/Tigers what a game! Not only did the Bulldogs look explosive and competitive, they also played with a discipline that I have never seen before. Shout out to those coaches and players. 

They certainly did not play like a 4 loss team last night. Lots of hard working players on that Bosse squad

7 hours ago, MDAlum82 said:

So this is the year that North Posey FINALLY breaks the 0-fer vs the mighty Wildcats?? 

Calpreps:

Harrison (-6) at Central, 62% chance of winning for the Warriors

MD at Bosse (-7), 65% chance of winning for the Dawgs

Memorial at Reitz (-10), 70% chance of winning for the Panthers

Castle (-3) at Jasper, 58% chance of winning for the Knights

VL at North (-1), 53% chance of winning for the Huskies 

Going to be a fun week in the SIAC!

This has to be the first week that all games projected to be within a score or two. Shaking up to be an exciting week.

Not sure who wins the Harrison vs Central game so I'll guess, Central....no, Harrison....ah heck I don't know. All I know for sure is that someone will get their first (and only) win.

MD with the upset over Bosse. Coming off a shutout loss, MD bounces back.

Reitz by 2 scores. Seems as though they have found some offensive momentum and memorial is still searching for some answers to injuries. Game of the week?

Two teams that want to run the ball. Castle with the more explosive players on offense. Give me the Knights, but close.

2nd place in the game of the week race, can North continue their second half success over VL playing without Hunt? North shutout MD on the road while VL still put up 47 but on a bad Harrison team. I feel as though this one could be low scoring. Give me the Huskies by a score.

On 9/23/2023 at 9:32 PM, TigerFan20 said:

Calpreps:

Harrison (-6) at Central, 62% chance of winning for the Warriors

MD at Bosse (-7), 65% chance of winning for the Dawgs

Memorial at Reitz (-10), 70% chance of winning for the Panthers

Castle (-3) at Jasper, 58% chance of winning for the Knights

VL at North (-1), 53% chance of winning for the Huskies 

Going to be a fun week in the SIAC!

Now do predictor.gridirondigest.net 

GID Predictor:

Memorial at Reitz (-16.5), 77.91% chance of winning for the Panthers

Harrison (-7.5) at Central, 63.58% chance of winning for the Warriors

MD at Bosse (-9), 66.72% chance of winning for the Dawgs

Castle (-2) at Jasper, 54.17% chance of winning for the Knights

VL at North (-5), 59.64% chance of winning for the Huskies

1 hour ago, TigerFan20 said:

GID Predictor:

Memorial at Reitz (-16.5), 77.91% chance of winning for the Panthers

Harrison (-7.5) at Central, 63.58% chance of winning for the Warriors

MD at Bosse (-9), 66.72% chance of winning for the Dawgs

Castle (-2) at Jasper, 54.17% chance of winning for the Knights

VL at North (-5), 59.64% chance of winning for the Huskies

I think there's a very good chance the Reitz/Memorial and Bosse/MD games are the most lopsided of the week. 

Massey Ratings:

Memorial at Reitz (-14), 79% chance of winning for the Panthers

Castle (-1) at Jasper, 51% chance of winning for the Knights

Harrison (-5) at Central, 56% chance of winning for the Warriors

VL at North (-14), 77% chance of winning for the Huskies

MD (-21) at Bosse, 78% chance of winning for the Cats

3 minutes ago, FootballFan2000 said:

I know Memorial is down a few starters but is it that bad? I thought their D had been hanging pretty tough until Bosse, which Bosse has mad some defenses look silly this season.

Tall task to compete with a top tier SIAC opponent without a starting QB & RB and only 1 senior on the OL...  Up to this point this team has definitely exceeded expectations, but this week is a tough challenge. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FootballFan2000 said:

I know Memorial is down a few starters but is it that bad? I thought their D had been hanging pretty tough until Bosse, which Bosse has mad some defenses look silly this season.

Our offense lost the starting QB and RB after the Mater Dei game, so there has been questions on the offense (Not a terrible start so far with QB2 and RB2). And of course a pretty young OL against one of the best DL in 4A. Unless more injuries popped after the Bosse game, but I didn’t see anything too particularly bad injury wise.

Reitz has definitely figured some of their early mishaps now, you have to score points and play defense if you want to beat them. 

Edited by TigerFan20
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TigerFan20 said:

Our offense lost the starting QB and RB after the Mater Dei game, so there has been questions on the offense (Not a terrible start so far with QB2 and RB2). And of course a pretty young OL against one of the best DL in 4A. Unless more injuries popped after the Bosse game, but I didn’t see anything too particularly bad injury wise.

Reitz has definitely figured some of their early mishaps now, you have to score points and play defense if you want to beat them. 

Thanks, I just didn't know if it was more than that. Reitz D is definitely for real plus, as they showed week 1, having a kicker that can consistently hit from 30+ helps too. 

Any ideas on if or when QB1 and RB1 could return? Ideally would be nice to get them back in time for the tournament. 

1 minute ago, FootballFan2000 said:

Thanks, I just didn't know if it was more than that. Reitz D is definitely for real plus, as they showed week 1, having a kicker that can consistently hit from 30+ helps too. 

Any ideas on if or when QB1 and RB1 could return? Ideally would be nice to get them back in time for the tournament. 

Although I’m not too close anymore, I’ve heard mixed things regarding QB1 and RB1 status is unknown. Would like to point out that it will be intriguing test for Memorial’s DL against a big/experienced Reitz OL.

Fisher made up for a lot of young OL miscues. Rode wasn’t having the best year but you had to account for him every snap in the run and passing game. 
Defense wasn’t bad outside of the 1st and last TD for Bosse.  
hopefully we come out somewhat healthy. I do think the last two games are both winnable. Even without Fisher and Road.

Edited by Screagle

16 minutes ago, Screagle said:

Fisher made up for a lot of young OL miscues. Rode wasn’t having the best year but you had to account for him every snap in the run and passing game. 
Defense wasn’t bad outside of the 1st and last TD for Bosse.  
hopefully we come out somewhat healthy. I do think the last two games are both winnable. Even without Fisher and Road.

Reitz is going to be challenge this Friday, seems like no one has been able to stop them yet. Castle had some success early on, but it looked like Reitz wore them down and held them to like 10 yards the entire 2H. VL game next week should be interesting with the recent developments with their QB and the Castle game is always an intriguing game (so far no rain is forecasted). But these next 3 weeks are going to be a battle for the Tigers!

22 minutes ago, GrayingPanther said:

The complexion of the Reitz and Memorial game has changed now that Memorial is without QB1 and RB1.  The teams are statistically similar - based on data from Maxpreps and Hudl.  One primary difference is the percentage of run versus pass yards.  For the season, running accounts for 46% of Reitz's total yards, and passing is 54% of their total.  For the season, Memorial gets 37% or their yardage from running and 63% for passing.  However, Memorial's run/pass percentages have changed dramatically in the last two games (w/o QB1 and RB1).  For the first four games Memorial's run/pass percentages were 26 and 74% respectively.  But in the last two games Memorial's run/pass percentages are 59% and 41%.  The defenses are nearly identical giving up 168.8 yards/game and 188.8 yards/game respectively.  (The site would not let me edit the original post to add this).

Reitz vs Memorial.png

Edited by GrayingPanther

On 9/25/2023 at 6:43 AM, FootballFan2000 said:

This has to be the first week that all games projected to be within a score or two. Shaking up to be an exciting week.

Not sure who wins the Harrison vs Central game so I'll guess, Central....no, Harrison....ah heck I don't know. All I know for sure is that someone will get their first (and only) win.

MD with the upset over Bosse. Coming off a shutout loss, MD bounces back.

Reitz by 2 scores. Seems as though they have found some offensive momentum and memorial is still searching for some answers to injuries. Game of the week?

Two teams that want to run the ball. Castle with the more explosive players on offense. Give me the Knights, but close.

2nd place in the game of the week race, can North continue their second half success over VL playing without Hunt? North shutout MD on the road while VL still put up 47 but on a bad Harrison team. I feel as though this one could be low scoring. Give me the Huskies by a score.

Couldn't agree more.   Excited to see some close games across the board instead of 35 point blowouts. 

- Harrison v Central.   Someone has to win.   I am going with Harrison by 14.  Don't ask me why because I don't know

- MD v Bosse. My brain tells me MD will win with discipline, but my gut tells me Bosse wins on athleticism.  Bosse by 7

- Reitz v Memorial.   Memorial just won't be able to hang without their QB1 and RB1.   I don't think this will be high scoring though.   Reitz stays in the teens or low 20's and wins by 14. 

- Castle v Jasper.   Castle's offense looks lights out vs some teams, but struggles to get to 20 points vs others.    Castle struggled stopping the FB dive vs Jasper last year and that was with Purdy as the Mike.   Does Castle figure out how to stop the triple option this year?  I see this being a high scoring game (30s).  Castle by 3. 

- North v VL.   VL just won't be able to pull this out without Hunt.   North by 10