Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The Democrat's roster for a Trump - beater in 2020

swordfish

25 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

https://www.npr.org/2019/05/15/723518379/u-s-births-fell-to-a-32-year-low-in-2018-cdc-says-birthrate-is-at-record-level

The uni-party has to look at this trend with dismay.  Without more happy little worker drones to fund their increasingly larger tax-and-spend schemes like Medicare For All,  Free College Education, Endless Wars in the Middle East,  etc.  what are they going to do?   "Tax the rich" even more?

So given the fact there are about 2.8 millionish deaths per year, it's still a net gain of about a million.  

4 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

So given the fact there are about 2.8 millionish deaths per year, it's still a net gain of about a million.  

US fertility rate is below level needed to replace population, study says: https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/10/health/us-fertility-rate-replacement-cdc-study/index.html

The total fertility rate for the United States in 2017 continued to dip below what's needed for the population to replace itself, according to a new report from the National Center for Health Statistics.

The new report also reveals some major state-by-state differences in fertility rates.

In 2017, among the 50 states and the District of Columbia, total fertility rates ranged from a rate of 2,227.5 births per 1,000 women in South Dakota to 1,421 per 1,000 women in DC, a difference of 57%, according to the report, published Thursday.

Overall, the total fertility rate for the United States in 2017 was 1,765.5 per 1,000 women, which was 16% below what is considered the level needed for a population to replace itself: 2,100 births per 1,000 women, according to the report.

So I expect higher immigration rates to make up the needed difference?

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1

Just now, gonzoron said:

I've done my part. Can't control what others do.

But, but don't we need government policy and laws that will force up the birth rate, again so we can have more happy worker drones paying taxes to fund government entitlements like your social security check?

• Thanks 1
  • Disdain 1

1 minute ago, Muda69 said:

But, but don't we need government policy and laws that will force up the birth rate, again so we can have more happy worker drones paying taxes to fund government entitlements like your social security check?

Hell no. Too many people now. 

4 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

This is news? 

US population growth slowed this decade due to lower immigration rates and fewer births:  https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/31/us/us-population-growth-slow-due-to-lower-migration-fewer-births-trnd/index.html

Migration bottomed between 2018 and 2019, census estimates show. During that period, an estimated 595,000 people immigrated to the US, a notable drop from the 1,047,000 people who migrated to the US between 2015 and 2016.

Since 2010, international migration has added about 7.9 million to the US population, though that level has steadily declined since 2016.

Just now, gonzoron said:

Hell no. Too many people now. 

So again, forcing "The Rich" to pay for your entitlements is the logical course of action.  Got it.

• Disdain 1

19 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

So again, forcing "The Rich" to pay for your entitlements is the logical course of action

What entitlements are those? I can guarantee you I've received fewer entitlements in my lifetime than you have.

1 hour ago, gonzoron said:

What entitlements are those? I can guarantee you I've received fewer entitlements in my lifetime than you have.

Haven't you acknowledged in the past on this forum that you currently receive Social Security entitlement benefits?  Or was that a lie on your part?

As for the "fewer entitlements" challenge, I seriously doubt it.

• Disdain 1

27 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Haven't you acknowledged in the past on this forum that you currently receive Social Security entitlement benefits

No, I have not. Citation needed.

28 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

As for the "fewer entitlements" challenge, I seriously doubt it.

Wrong. 

11 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

No, I have not. Citation needed.

*sigh*  Yes, you have. Numerous previous post by you,  IIRC a number of them was a discussion about your contention that Social Security was not a federal entitlement program.  A quaint that was quickly debunked. 

So you are lying.  Typical.

14 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Wrong. 

Citation(s) needed.

• Disdain 1

Just now, Muda69 said:

*sigh*  Yes, you have. Numerous previous post by you,  IIRC a number of them was a discussion about your contention that Social Security was not a federal entitlement program.  A quaint that was quickly debunked

Prove it. You're a liar.

Citation(s) needed.

Do you have a 4 year Degree from a Government subsidized University?

Prove it. You're a liar.

*yawn*  Frankly I don't have the time nor the inclination to dig back through pages of GID OOB forum posts to prove that you are the liar, not I.   At least have the guts to admit it, Gonzo.

Yes, I do.   And I have a good idea of where your twisted mind is trying to go. So please explain for the entertainment of us all how a public university,  this one established by an act of the Indiana General Assembly in 1865,  is an federal entitlement just like Social Security.

I'll be waiting with baited breath.

• Disdain 1

2 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

is an federal entitlement just like Social Security.

So when you refer to "entitlements" you are only referring to the Federal Government and not all the ones provided by the State? Don't they both use your tax dollars? Why is it ok for the State to take your hard earned money for distribution to others, but not the Feds?

15 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

So when you refer to "entitlements" you are only referring to the Federal Government and not all the ones provided by the State? Don't they both use your tax dollars? Why is it ok for the State to take your hard earned money for distribution to others, but not the Feds?

*sigh*  Again, look up the definition of "entitlement" and get back with us.  I know it is a multi-syllable word but I know you can do it!

• Disdain 3

2 hours ago, TrojanDad said:

Do your homework...Thank God a child of mine was never in one of your classes....

https://read.oecd-ilibrary.org/social-issues-migration-health/international-migration-outlook-2018_migr_outlook-2018-en#page24

I'm really glad I didn’t have to deal with your kids either. I’ll teach trailer trash before cake eaters any day of the week.

• Disdain 1

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

*sigh*  Again, look up the definition of "entitlement" and get back with us.  I know it is a multi-syllable word but I know you can do it!

I'll stand by my original statements: 

6 hours ago, gonzoron said:

3 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Prove it. You're a liar.

7 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

I'll stand by my original statements: 

Your willful ignorance is outstanding.  Just for shits and grins here is the commonly accepted definition of the word "entitlement" in the context of government.  from the U.S. Senate nonetheless:

entitlement - A Federal program or provision of law that requires payments to any person or unit of government that meets the eligibility criteria established by law. Entitlements constitute a binding obligation on the part of the Federal Government, and eligible recipients have legal recourse if the obligation is not fulfilled. Social Security and veterans' compensation and pensions are examples of entitlement programs.

Hmm, I don't recall ever receiving payments from Indiana State University,  both during my years attending the institution and my years after as an alumni.   But I surely recall sending payments,  many of them,  to Indiana State University.

Edited by Muda69

3 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Your willful ignorance is outstanding.  Just for shits and grins here is the commonly accepted definition of the word "entitlement" in the context of government.  from the U.S. Senate nonetheless:

Hmm, I don't recall ever receiving payments from Indiana State University,  both during my years attending the institution and my years after as an alumni.   But I surely recall sending payments,  many of them,  to Indiana State University.

It's truly either a matter of semantics, or more likely hypocrisy, if you don't consider government funds subsidizing your education as an entitlement. Quite surprising coming from a government funded school opponent such as yourself. 

Merriam Webster's definition:

noun
en·ti·tle·ment | \ in-ˈtī-tᵊl-mənt  en- \

Definition of entitlement

1athe state or condition of being entitled RIGHT

ba right to benefits specified especially by law or contract

2belief that one is deserving of or entitled to certain privileges
3a government program providing benefits to members of a specified group
also funds supporting or distributed by such a program
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

It's truly either a matter of semantics, or more likely hypocrisy, if you don't consider government funds subsidizing your education as an entitlement. Quite surprising coming from a government funded school opponent such as yourself. 

Merriam Webster's definition:

noun
en·ti·tle·ment | \ in-ˈtī-tᵊl-mənt  en- \

Definition of entitlement

1athe state or condition of being entitled RIGHT

ba right to benefits specified especially by law or contract

2belief that one is deserving of or entitled to certain privileges
3a government program providing benefits to members of a specified group
also funds supporting or distributed by such a program

Yep, I'm nothing but a tax paying hypocrite.  Good job gonzo, you got me.    I'll be contacting Indiana State University in the near future and inquiring as to what my tuition would have been had I not been an Indiana citizen, then paying them the difference as a donation.  Then my libertarian conscience will be clear.  

While I'm going that will you please justify your receiving more in Social Security and Medicare benefits over your lifetime that what you actually paid in? Because you know that is how the current system works.

• Disdain 1

While I'm going that will you please justify your receiving more in Social Security and Medicare benefits over your lifetime that what you actually paid in?

Can you please edit this into a coherent sentence? 

I haven't received any Social Security or Medicare benefits, so I've definitely paid in more than I've received if that's what you're asking.

3 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

I'll be contacting Indiana State University in the near future and inquiring as to what my tuition would have been had I not been an Indiana citizen

I'll be contacting Indiana State University to ask for my money back that was used to subsidize your education there.

16 hours ago, gonzoron said:

I haven't received any Social Security or Medicare benefits, so I've definitely paid in more than I've received if that's what you're asking.

Liar, at least according to past statements you have made on this very forum.   And even if your statement was true, will you accept such entitlements when you become eligible?  And if you do accept will you accept payments and services until you reach the point of your contributions (plus interest of course)  then principally decline to receive any more?

16 hours ago, gonzoron said:

I'll be contacting Indiana State University to ask for my money back that was used to subsidize your education there.

Please, feel free.  Will you please tell us the government K-12 school and government university you attend so I can do the same for you?

• Disdain 1