Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

14 minutes ago, Sidelined56 said:

I think HH and SR miss playing Jasper because of for a few reasons:

1. Competition... 2. Bragging Rights.... 3. Gate/Concession $$$$$$$$$$$$$

How sexy would a GS Jasper game be....I remember Jack Jewell beating them in 83, 84 and 85.

36 minutes ago, Sidelined56 said:

I'm curious the net effect on Jasper as well.  Memorial and VL were already on their schedule, but they gave up HH and SR games to pick up Reitz and Castle.  Bosse, Harrison, and Central gates would probably be less than Wash, BV, and MTV.  

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

How sexy would a GS Jasper game be....I remember Jack Jewell beating them in 83, 84 and 85.

It could be possible.... when GS moves up to 4A in a couple years (enrollment).... Will the PAC want a school that big? Could GS find a buddy and move to the SIAC?

HEADS WOULD ROLL!

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Sidelined56 said:

It could be possible.... when GS moves up to 4A in a couple years (enrollment).... Will the PAC want a school that big? Could GS find a buddy and move to the SIAC?

HEADS WOULD ROLL!

The PAC already has a school bigger in Boonville.  I have a feeling you don't know the story.

https://www.courierpress.com/story/sports/high-school/2024/05/21/a-look-at-sw-indiana-athletics-five-years-after-conference-realignment/73726204007/

https://www.courierpress.com/story/sports/high-school/2019/06/22/how-southern-indiana-ads-made-decisions-joining-siac-pac/1531269001/

https://www.courierpress.com/story/sports/high-school/2019/06/06/boonville-high-school-ad-we-were-never-comfortable-joining-southern-indiana-athletic-conference/1366802001/

Edited by Titan32

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, oldtimeqb said:

I'm curious the net effect on Jasper as well.  Memorial and VL were already on their schedule, but they gave up HH and SR games to pick up Reitz and Castle.  Bosse, Harrison, and Central gates would probably be less than Wash, BV, and MTV.  

They also picked up MD by moving to SIAC, so the "new" good gates would be MD, Castle and Reitz (but I honestly don't know how well Reitz fans travel to Jasper).  No question Bosse, Harrison and Central would be much less gate than Wash, BV & Mt. V.  Bosse did have some decent crowds last year being that they were competitive. 

Coincidently, Kyle Sokeland has an article on the 5th anniversary of the SIAC expansion in today's Courier.

https://www.courierpress.com/story/sports/high-school/2024/05/21/a-look-at-sw-indiana-athletics-five-years-after-conference-realignment/73726204007/

Edited by tango
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sidelined56 said:

Boonville is the caliber of GS? Can anyone weigh in on why did Boonville not want to move to the SIAC? 

See the third article.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Sidelined56 said:

We miss this game on our schedule.  Terribly miss it.  This is historically one of our best rivalries (SR would be the next) as we were 11-10 against them....so at least we can always say that we got a game on them.  Not to mention that not one Jasper coach has a winning record against HH.  Love that one!

6 hours ago, Titan32 said:

This is spot on....everyone having their non-conference games on different weeks made it tough.  We would have what everyone wanted if Boonville had played along, including HH having the cake schedule they seem to enjoy having.  

Moch therapy session with HH AD:

Now repeat after me....it's ok if we win state and are 14-1...it's ok if we win state and are 14-1.

Now repeat after me....it's ok if our opponents average more than 7 points...it's ok if our opponents average more than 7 points.

I laughed too hard at this....because it's true.  By the way, not everyone enjoys that schedule.

Edited by HHPatriots
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, HHPatriots said:

Not to mention that not one Jasper coach has a winning record against HH.  Love that one!

That is pretty impressive

7 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

I'm curious the net effect on Jasper as well.  Memorial and VL were already on their schedule, but they gave up HH and SR games to pick up Reitz and Castle.

My guess is the total football attendance is about the same.

7 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

Bosse, Harrison, and Central gates would probably be less than Wash, BV, and MTV.  

I would disagree.  The old big 8 schools typically didn't travel well to Jasper (VL included) unless their teams were good, which for that last 20 years was few and far between for most of them. 

If I had to choose the current schedule or the old schedule, I choose the current schedule.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Titan32 said:

This is spot on....everyone having their non-conference games on different weeks made it tough.  We would have what everyone wanted if Boonville had played along, including HH having the cake schedule they seem to enjoy having.  

Moch therapy session with HH AD:

Now repeat after me....it's ok if we win state and are 14-1...it's ok if we win state and are 14-1.

Now repeat after me....it's ok if our opponents average more than 7 points...it's ok if our opponents average more than 7 points.

It’s funny how concerned you’ve been on how HH runs things lately!  Worried about the pass routes being called, the strength of schedule … LOL.  The Semi-State champs seem to know what they’re doing.  🤫

On another note, where will Sean be taking his talents in the fall?  

Edited by HereComesTheBoom
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, HHPatriots said:

I suppose, but sometimes there is a bigger story, the last coach was only 1 year, so 1 - 0 against that one--but it counts!!!

Not many schools or coaches have winning records against Jasper, especially smaller schools.

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I would bet Mt. Carmel does without looking 

According to Harrell's website, Jasper was something like 13-4 (or close to that on a quick skim) against MC in the last 20 years or so. Reitz may have a winning record against Jasper, but they aren't a small school and haven't played all that many times.

BTW, good to see you back on the GID..

13 hours ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

It’s funny how concerned you’ve been on how HH runs things lately!  Worried about the pass routes being called, the strength of schedule … LOL.  The Semi-State champs seem to know what they’re doing.  🤫

On another note, where will Sean be taking his talents in the fall?  

I must admit....the one GO DEEP (game-winning play) and little sisters of the poor won them a semi-state.  But they can make themselves even better....hope they don't listen to me lol.

I hear the DeLong kid has decided to pass up multiple scholarship offers to follow his older brother into Mechanical Engineering locally.  The guaranteed internship and industry connections were more valuable than the scholarship dollars in his view.  It appears that football needs some kids more than they need it.  I'll be in the corner sobbing if you need me.   Don't ever marry a girl who is a math wiz.

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

I must admit....the one GO DEEP (game-winning play) and little sisters of the poor won them a semi-state.  But they can make themselves even better....hope they don't listen to me lol.

I hear the DeLong kid has decided to pass up multiple scholarship offers to follow his older brother into Mechanical Engineering locally.  The guaranteed internship and industry connections were more valuable than the scholarship dollars in his view.  It appears that football needs some kids more than they need it.  I'll be in the corner sobbing if you need me.   Don't ever marry a girl who is a math wiz.

Sounds like that DeLong kid made a decision based on maturity.  I don't know, but I think if I had a chance to speak to his dad, I'd tell him that he had done well raising that kid.  I mean ultimately what is going to pay the bills, right?  Maturity wins.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

I hate that a local school can't offer both Mechanical Engineering and FCS football like they did 25 years ago. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

I hate that a local school can't offer both Mechanical Engineering and FCS football like they did 25 years ago. 

Amen to that!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tango said:

According to Harrell's website, Jasper was something like 13-4 (or close to that on a quick skim) against MC in the last 20 years or so. Reitz may have a winning record against Jasper, but they aren't a small school and haven't played all that many times.

BTW, good to see you back on the GID..

I’ve just been super busy this year. Trying to hike 500+ miles before the year ends. Still read through the stuff from time to time 

• Like 1