1. Tell City

2. Southridge

3. North Posey

4. Forest Park

5. South Spencer

6. Pike Central

7. Tecumseh

• Like 2

Does North Posey lose a lot from last year? As usual, I expect GS and HH to battle it out for Big Division. Don't know much about TC or SR, other than SR always seems to be at the top of the Small.

1 hour ago, tango said:

Does North Posey lose a lot from last year?

They lose 16 starters from last year’s team according to the State Finals preview

Offense: 9 starters 

Defense: 7 starters 

I put TC at the number #1 spot for small school but i figured that was just my biased opinion. And I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if they went undefeated in the regular season with their new schedule. But southridge is southridge and I’m sure north posey has something left in the tank coming off last years season. 

A team I really like the direction they are going is Forest Park. 

I can see them in the top 3 of the small school division. Southridge and Tell City should be 1-2.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HHPatriots said:

Expectations are high as they always are, but higher this year.  I hope these boys can live up to the hype.  

Taking a quick peak, HH’s OL/DL is going to have some good size this season, which will be beneficial for your QB again

On 5/17/2024 at 4:20 PM, tango said:

Gosh, sure doesn't seem Coach is happy to see us again. Wants SIAC to go to divisions so HH can get some better competition, just not in November.. 

I'm not sure that is exactly what he said,

"I'm probably going to catch some heat for this, but that's ok. It's my perspective as a 3A public school coach.
I think changing the number of points to "stay up" a class from 2 points to 3 points was a mistake. I do not like that this rule was changed without any discussion among high school football coaches. Many of us were not aware that the change was made until several months after it was changed.

An example from our region.
Evansville Memorial won 3A State Championships in 2017 and 2018. They were moved up to 4A in 2019 due to the success factor. They won a State Championship in 2019 (in 4A), they won a Regional in 2021 (in 4A), they won the 4A sectional in 2022 and 2023. In summary, they were in 4A for 5 years. They won 4 sectionals, (including the last 3 Sectionals), a Regional and a State title......and all of that "success" was not "successful" enough to stay in 4A?

I would like to see a 2X multiplier (on enrollment) for all private/parochial schools and reduce the number of success factor points to stay up a class from 3 to 2 again. I think these two changes would provide a more competitive balance."

I think his statement is a sound logic-based position.  
  • Thanks 1

I think this is what he was referencing: 

I am happy with our conference. We know teams like Gibson Southern, Southridge and Boonville will get us ready for the tournament. I would like to see the SIAC go to divisions so that some of the larger PAC schools could schedule some of the SIAC schools. We had to pick up Christian Academy out of Louisville to fill a week 2 opening in 2024, and we might have to go out of state to fill that opening in 2025 and beyond.

And after SIAC teams needing to schedule Quincy (IL), Detroit, Owensboro, OCatholic, and St. Louis schools in week 2, I would agree that it's a pain. 

3 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

And after SIAC teams needing to schedule Quincy (IL), Detroit, Owensboro, OCatholic, and St. Louis schools in week 2, I would agree that it's a pain. 

I think his point was referencing both what you and I posted.  The regular season part (your post)...the not wanting post-season Memorial (my post).

3 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

I don't have a problem with anything Coach W said. I just thought it was amusing. 

2 hours ago, tango said:

I don't have a problem with anything Coach W said. I just thought it was amusing. 

He did seem very interested in Memorial's "success", that is for sure. 

Posted (edited)

I'm confused why HH says they are interested in playing SIAC schools (excluding Jasper and VL) when they rarely played them before the current alignment structure.  They played MD the first two years after Clayton left, then had them (MD) replaced with Mt.Vernon.  They literally drove past every SIAC team to get to Mt Vernon. 

MD and Memorial routinely had to travel to KY, Indy, MO, and even had to play each other in non-conference to fill the schedule.  The primary reason the SIAC expanded was to solve the headache of football scheduling, in part because they couldn't schedule local teams.  Additionally, the SIAC tried having twelve schools (an open conference), but couldn't find any takers to tag along with GS. 

Now HH wishes they could play SIAC schools?

Edited by Alduflux
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Alduflux said:

I'm confused why HH says they are interested in playing SIAC schools (excluding Jasper and VL) when they rarely played them before the current alignment structure.  They played MD the first two years after Clayton left, then had them (MD) replaced with Mt.Vernon.  They literally drove past every SIAC team to get to Mt Vernon. 

MD and Memorial routinely had to travel to KY, Indy, MO, and even had to play each other in non-conference to fill the schedule.  The primary reason the SIAC expanded was to solve the headache of football scheduling, in part because they couldn't schedule local teams.  Additionally, the SIAC tried having twelve schools (an open conference), but couldn't find any takers to tag along with GS. 

Now HH wishes they could play SIAC schools?

None of the original PAC schools (HH, GS, SR) ever really seemed to have much interest in SIAC schools when they had the chance, although HH and SR both played Jasper.

13 hours ago, tango said:

None of the original PAC schools (HH, GS, SR) ever really seemed to have much interest in SIAC schools when they had the chance, although HH and SR both played Jasper.

I think there were a couple of reasons, one of which was the PAC did not have specific weeks set aside for non-conference games like the SIAC (which was Wks 1 & 2), so it made things tough. If the PAC had gone to a similar Wks 1 & 2 for non-conf games, I suspect there would have been far more games between the conferences.  

14 hours ago, tango said:

In the old PAC schedule, you only had room for 2 non-conferences games. I believe there was a stretch there (maybe 4 years?) when SR had Eville Central on the schedule...was one of their (Central's) best 4 year stretches in school history as luck would have it for us lol. And then obviously our other "non conference" game was filled with county rival Jasper. 

I know HH routinely played Jasper as well (although there was a time when they took a break from each other) ....so that only left 1 non-conference game. I don't recall who they filled that with...but don't remember it being any Eville schools . 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, jets said:

In the old PAC schedule, you only had room for 2 non-conferences games. I believe there was a stretch there (maybe 4 years?) when SR had Eville Central on the schedule...was one of their (Central's) best 4 year stretches in school history as luck would have it for us lol. And then obviously our other "non conference" game was filled with county rival Jasper. 

I know HH routinely played Jasper as well (although there was a time when they took a break from each other) ....so that only left 1 non-conference game. I don't recall who they filled that with...but don't remember it being any Eville schools . 

Looking back at Harrell's site, it appears HH played rotated through V. Lincoln, MD and Mt. Vernon as non-PAC opponents for a number of years. 

If the the darn SIAC would go to divisions, it could create a great opportunity for an annual PAC-SIAC "showdown" type of event. That would be a whole lot of fun. 

8 minutes ago, tango said:

Looking back at Harrell's site, it appears HH played rotated through V. Lincoln, MD and Mt. Vernon as non-PAC opponents for a number of years. 

If the the darn SIAC would go to divisions, it could create a great opportunity for an annual PAC-SIAC "showdown" type of event. That would be a whole lot of fun. 

We basically have it in sectional (s) now anyway, so it is what it is. 

2 hours ago, tango said:

I think there were a couple of reasons, one of which was the PAC did not have specific weeks set aside for non-conference games like the SIAC (which was Wks 1 & 2), so it made things tough. If the PAC had gone to a similar Wks 1 & 2 for non-conf games, I suspect there would have been far more games between the conferences.  

This is spot on....everyone having their non-conference games on different weeks made it tough.  We would have what everyone wanted if Boonville had played along, including HH having the cake schedule they seem to enjoy having.  

Moch therapy session with HH AD:

Now repeat after me....it's ok if we win state and are 14-1...it's ok if we win state and are 14-1.

Now repeat after me....it's ok if our opponents average more than 7 points...it's ok if our opponents average more than 7 points.