Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2024 6A Who can win it all?

3 hours ago, temptation said:

Nylan Brown, BD’s best defensive player did not play that night and Warren scored 2 special teams TDs…don’t let that box score fool you.

Already stated my percentages earlier in this thread.

Gimme Cathedral, Westfield, Brownsburg, HSE and Fishers in that “outside shot” group.

Both were in either 4A or 5A, but East Central and Snider certainly would have had a shot

32 minutes ago, temptation said:

Someone NOT within a stone’s throw of 465 is going to win the 6A state title?

Well, given that the "stone's throw" is zero for the last two years, I'd say "true north" has every bit of a chance as the "stone throws." But no, I said someone from the northern bracket will buck the trend. Temp, you've been asking for victory from the north over Indy for several years. We've given you several victories over the last two seasons. That gap is almost shut. 

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Well, given that the "stone's throw" is zero for the last two years, I'd say "true north" has every bit of a chance as the "stone throws." But no, I said someone from the northern bracket will buck the trend. Temp, you've been asking for victory from the north over Indy for several years. We've given you several victories over the last two seasons. That gap is almost shut. 

Yes, but I don’t consider sectional 4 (or half of sectional 3) “the northern bracket.”

Edited by temptation

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

Just wait till da region has a 6A team....then it's game on!

Furthermore, Merrillville was in 6A since it's inception up until a couple of years ago. They had their opportunity to win at that level, but didn't. I don't see that changing if they were bump back up. That's not a slight on them, programs of their enrollment have too much going against them to win the state title. Sure, there are years where Snider, New Pal, and East Central want to be part of the conversation. But Merrillville hasn't shown  that they've had such a year yet. 

57 minutes ago, BTF said:

Furthermore, Merrillville was in 6A since it's inception up until a couple of years ago. They had their opportunity to win at that level, but didn't. I don't see that changing if they were bump back up. That's not a slight on them, programs of their enrollment have too much going against them to win the state title. Sure, there are years where Snider, New Pal, and East Central want to be part of the conversation. But Merrillville hasn't shown  that they've had such a year yet. 

Merrillville (and their fanboy) broke me in the same way that Brownsburg has.

One of the more talented teams statewide, in 2020 and 2021 specifically and weren’t even close.

Crown Point’s emergence gives me hope but I’m scared to get hurt again.

Edited by temptation

10 minutes ago, temptation said:

The north has four wins over the past two seasons vs high profile Indy teams. And one more against a pretty darn good one. It's a start. Looking forward to Carroll defeating Center Grove in Week 2. That'll shake things up a bit. 

7 minutes ago, BTF said:

The north has four wins over the past two seasons vs high profile Indy teams. And one more against a pretty darn good one. It's a start. Looking forward to Carroll defeating Center Grove in Week 2. That'll shake things up a bit. 

I need a spread on Carroll/CG from you.

57 minutes ago, temptation said:

Merrillville (and their fanboy) broke me in the same way that Brownsburg has.

One of the more talented teams statewide, in 2020 and 2021 specifically and weren’t even close.

I think Merrillville was the only chance and they just don't have the enrollment. Like you said, they were stacked with talent in 2020 and 2021 and still couldn't get past Westfield (and Chatard). Could possibly have had 2 NFL players. Grant is seemingly a lock to go 1st round. MAYBE Jo Jo Johnson can work his way into the NFL if he can get healthy in college. I'm not even sure if he will crack IU's 2 deeps this year. But, he was an electric WR / DB in HS. 

I'm skepitcal of Crown Point as well. They will always have talent and elite coaching. Counting the '25 class, last years Crown Point team had at least 5 MAC recruits. But, one thing Cody was always right about is that Crown Point hasn't had any elite speed athletes like a Jo Jo Johnson or Justin Marshall (Merrillville --> Colorado State)  and it showed against Ben Davis. The Giant WR's and RB's looked like men against boys when playing Crown Point. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

I'm skepitcal of Crown Point as well. They will always have talent and elite coaching. Counting the '25 class, last years Crown Point team had at least 5 MAC recruits. But, one thing Cody was always right about is that Crown Point hasn't had any elite speed athletes like a Jo Jo Johnson or Justin Marshall (Merrillville --> Colorado State)  and it showed against Ben Davis. The Giant WR's and RB's looked like men against boys when playing Crown Point. 

CP has a great chance to emerge as the next Beast of the True North as long as Coach Buzea is on the job. That school is only going to get bigger. They have great facilities and community support. Very good school. As transfers get easier and easier, and the influx of Illinois families continues, the Bulldogs are poised to become the new Penn — and a destination for athletes. Now whether that gets them anything on Thanksgiving weekend is another question.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

CP has a great chance to emerge as the next Beast of the True North as long as Coach Buzea is on the job. That school is only going to get bigger. They have great facilities and community support. Very good school. As transfers get easier and easier, and the influx of Illinois families continues, the Bulldogs are poised to become the new Penn — and a destination for athletes. Now whether that gets them anything on Thanksgiving weekend is another question.

I ask this knowing nothing about the man, but how many years does Buzea have left?

13 minutes ago, BTF said:

We played this game last year and I failed miserably. 

Lemme say this.  Catching CG early could be good for Carroll…

A quick glance shows that CG is replacing its quarterback, top WR, top two RBs and top two tacklers.

Would you take Carroll +10.5?

Edited by temptation

48 minutes ago, temptation said:

I ask this knowing nothing about the man, but how many years does Buzea have left?

Hence, my qualifier: “as long as Coach Buzea is on the job.”

He was seriously ill years ago, but has made a fantastic comeback. He’s something like 63 yrs. old.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Hence, my qualifier: “as long as Coach Buzea is on the job.”

He was seriously ill years ago, but has made a fantastic comeback. He’s something like 63 yrs. old.

Right but you also said “poised to be the new Penn” but that isn’t going to happen overnight.  

Will he see it through?

On 6/27/2024 at 12:34 PM, temptation said:

Correct.  BD is one of a handful of programs in Indiana where you simply need a conductor to keep the train on the tracks due to many of the factors you mentioned.

At other places you have to build the train, do the maintenance work on the train and steer it with one eye closed in order to navigate your way to the top.

Not at a place with 4500 students though.

Russ Mann is Indiana’s current all-time leader in winning percentage.

Pretty cool.

Was Jason Simmons not a good conductor?  Barely had a .500 record in his 5 years there.  Even with 4500 students.

1 hour ago, temptation said:

A quick glance shows that CG is replacing its quarterback, top WR, top two RBs and top two tacklers.

Can I see how they do against HSE first?

If they beat HSE, I'm all in at 10.5. If they lose to HSE, I'm thinking 17. 

Edited by BTF

2 hours ago, temptation said:

I'll take cg at carrol + 10.5

23 minutes ago, BTF said:

Can I see how they do against HSE first?

If they beat HSE, I'm all in at 10.5. If they lose to HSE, I'm thinking 17. 

No

Make your picks rn and double down until you convince even yourself that you're right

2 hours ago, temptation said:

Right but you also said “poised to be the new Penn” but that isn’t going to happen overnight.  

Will he see it through?

Is being the new Penn something you would want to advertise in 2024