Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Alex @ Eastbrook

Blackford @ Elwood

Frankton @ Ole Miss

MG @ OH

In order to get the Alex faithful riled up some, I don't see the Tigers keeping it within 4 TDs at the Panthers.  Just because it's a big game doesn't mean it'll be a close one, I hope I'm wrong though.  The MG at OH game will be intense, I picked simply based on the home field advantage, Golden Eagles 20-13.  The other 2 games, ehhh who cares, 2 running clocks for 3 quarters.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alex @ Eastbrook- going to take 4 quarters from Alex and a mistake or 2 from Eastbrook for Alex to steal one! EASTBROOK 42-28.

BLACKFORD BY 42

Ole Miss by 56

Oak Hill by 21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MISSISSINEWA- Sorry Frankton fans.

BLACKFORD - Elwood would lose to Mississinewa’s JV.

EASTBROOK - Alexandria fans will get a bitter taste of reality this week.

OAK HILL - If Madison-Grant comes to play, they could keep this game close and possibly win.  This should be the game of the week.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alex @ Eastbrook- Alex can put up some points, and toss the ball all over the field. Will definitely test Eastbrooks young defense. Eastbrook by 21

Blackford @ Elwood- Blackford by a lot. Even though they will be looking ahead for the next week when Eastbrook makes the short trip to Blackford county.

Frankton @ Ole Miss- Ole Miss by a lot.

MG @ OH- Wouldn’t be surprised if this is a close game but I think OH pulls away and wins by 3 or more scores.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alex @ Eastbrook--If Alex can go to the air and connect they will be able to jump out early but Eastbrook's run game takes a lot of time off of the clock as they cruise to another W.  Eastbrook by at least 3 TDs

Blackford @ Elwood--Blackford's starters get a much needed rest the second half.  Mississinewa's JV held Elwood scoreless. Elwood may score once in this game but Blackford wins by a lot.

Frankton @ Ole Miss--Frankton has a lot of work to do.  Ole Miss will get to rest some starters again this week as they cruise to the endzone a lot.  The running clock keeps Ole Miss under 70 points.

MG @ OH--This one could be interesting.  OH was shut out last week.  MG has hung with some teams.  This one can go either way.  In the end OH is just a little bit too much for MG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its a little boring knowing that Eastbrook has pretty much wrapped up the CIC title. Even though at the begging of the season @Scottish_Warrior had Eastbrook finishing 4th (smdh). I guess this is one of the games he thought Eastbrook would lose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feels like it's just mediocre matchups this week.  You would think there would be hype around the Eastbrook V Alex game, being that it's for outright first place in the conference and all.  But for some reason everybody thinks the Panthers have already won .  This could be a catch game if the Panthers aren't careful.  I know Coach Adamson will have these boys pumped up and ready to go, but we can't look past this game.  Alex will be just as ready if not more.  The chance to slay the mighty Panthers, take the milk can and the conference lead...  From what I understand Alex has a mighty passing attack, which, as we all know, seems to be an achilles for the Panther D.  Would be interesting to know how much the Panthers worked on the Secondary D this week.  Still don't think this will be a huge threat as long as they can disrupt the pocket and pressure the QB all night... But "Any Given Friday", No win is guaranteed....

 

I think this forum will blow up next week if MG and Elwood keep their streak going.... BATTLE OF THE DEFEATED!!!!  But we have to play this week first, can't get ahead of ourselves....

 

Good luck to all teams and fans this week, stay healthy and show sportsmanship in the stands.  Safe travels to all!

GO PANTHERS!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, djbowzz said:

Feels like it's just mediocre matchups this week.  You would think there would be hype around the Eastbrook V Alex game, being that it's for outright first place in the conference and all.  But for some reason everybody thinks the Panthers have already won .  This could be a catch game if the Panthers aren't careful.  I know Coach Adamson will have these boys pumped up and ready to go, but we can't look past this game.  Alex will be just as ready if not more.  The chance to slay the mighty Panthers, take the milk can and the conference lead...  From what I understand Alex has a mighty passing attack, which, as we all know, seems to be an achilles for the Panther D.  Would be interesting to know how much the Panthers worked on the Secondary D this week.  Still don't think this will be a huge threat as long as they can disrupt the pocket and pressure the QB all night... But "Any Given Friday", No win is guaranteed....

 

I think this forum will blow up next week if MG and Elwood keep their streak going.... BATTLE OF THE DEFEATED!!!!  But we have to play this week first, can't get ahead of ourselves....

 

Good luck to all teams and fans this week, stay healthy and show sportsmanship in the stands.  Safe travels to all!

GO PANTHERS!!!!

Coaching against them the past two years I would actually argue that their pass defense is better this year than last. They returned more on the outside than inside defensively and seemed pretty sound. Granted that was week 2 and things change, but they are long and disruptive in the secondary especially on clear passing downs. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, djbowzz said:

Feels like it's just mediocre matchups this week.  You would think there would be hype around the Eastbrook V Alex game, being that it's for outright first place in the conference and all.  But for some reason everybody thinks the Panthers have already won .  This could be a catch game if the Panthers aren't careful.  I know Coach Adamson will have these boys pumped up and ready to go, but we can't look past this game.  Alex will be just as ready if not more.  The chance to slay the mighty Panthers, take the milk can and the conference lead...  From what I understand Alex has a mighty passing attack, which, as we all know, seems to be an achilles for the Panther D.  Would be interesting to know how much the Panthers worked on the Secondary D this week.  Still don't think this will be a huge threat as long as they can disrupt the pocket and pressure the QB all night... But "Any Given Friday", No win is guaranteed....

 

I think this forum will blow up next week if MG and Elwood keep their streak going.... BATTLE OF THE DEFEATED!!!!  But we have to play this week first, can't get ahead of ourselves....

 

Good luck to all teams and fans this week, stay healthy and show sportsmanship in the stands.  Safe travels to all!

GO PANTHERS!!!!

Alex has had a passing attack the last few years.  Defending the pass has been a problem for Eastbrook in the past and offensively Eastbrook didn't pass too much either.  However this year they have found a little more of the passing game and a way to defend the passing game.  Alex may pass the ball and score but Eastbrook will run the ball and eat of up clock time.  It could be an interesting game.  Eastbrook should win but you are correct in saying "any given Friday, no win is guaranteed."

Elwood and MG next week would be more of who can find the endzone first.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2019 at 5:32 AM, panther10 said:

its a little boring knowing that Eastbrook has pretty much wrapped up the CIC title. Even though at the begging of the season @Scottish_Warrior had Eastbrook finishing 4th (smdh). I guess this is one of the games he thought Eastbrook would lose.

I wouldn't hand it to them just yet.  They are in the driver's seat but I don't think they are so good that they can afford to look past Alexandria or Blackford.  If they play poorly against either one, they could easily lose.  

The way I see it, they will either stay focused, take care of business, and shove it in the face of those like @Scottish_Warrior OR

they'll take their eye off the prize, drop one they shouldn't, and more or less prove him right.  

This team may not be as talented as last year, but they can accomplish some things last year's team didn't.  First they beat their rivals Mississinewa.  Now they can win the conference.  If they can win their last 3 to accomplish that, the seniors go into the tournament with a chance to match or exceed last year's seniors for most wins over 4 years.  Plenty still in reach for this team to accomplish.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, XStar said:

I wouldn't hand it to them just yet.  They are in the driver's seat but I don't think they are so good that they can afford to look past Alexandria or Blackford.  If they play poorly against either one, they could easily lose.  

The way I see it, they will either stay focused, take care of business, and shove it in the face of those like @Scottish_Warrior OR

they'll take their eye off the prize, drop one they shouldn't, and more or less prove him right.  

This team may not be as talented as last year, but they can accomplish some things last year's team didn't.  First they beat their rivals Mississinewa.  Now they can win the conference.  If they can win their last 3 to accomplish that, the seniors go into the tournament with a chance to match or exceed last year's seniors for most wins over 4 years.  Plenty still in reach for this team to accomplish.  

Totally agree have to take it game by game especially with how many sophomores and juniors we play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a single close game once again this week.  What is it going to take to make this conference competitive???? I didn't spend a whole lot of time looking but at first glance only 3 conference games have been won by less than 20 points.  13 out of 16 times this year one CIC teams has beaten the other by 20 or more points.  These bottom feeders need to step it! 

 

Eastbrook

Ole Miss

Blackford

Oak Hill

 

All winning by 3 or more touchdowns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, bittergymteacher said:

Not a single close game once again this week.  What is it going to take to make this conference competitive???? I didn't spend a whole lot of time looking but at first glance only 3 conference games have been won by less than 20 points.  13 out of 16 times this year one CIC teams has beaten the other by 20 or more points.  These bottom feeders need to step it! 

 

Eastbrook

Ole Miss

Blackford

Oak Hill

 

All winning by 3 or more touchdowns.

Is it time to look at breaking up the conference to find better size/competitive fits for all of the schools? I know Alex has had some good baseball and basketball seasons and Eastbrook does well in some other sports as well, but is the competitive gap true in other sports as well? For the HHC the big gap is in football but the other sports seem to balance well between the schools for example. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, olinecoach said:

Is it time to look at breaking up the conference to find better size/competitive fits for all of the schools? I know Alex has had some good baseball and basketball seasons and Eastbrook does well in some other sports as well, but is the competitive gap true in other sports as well? For the HHC the big gap is in football but the other sports seem to balance well between the schools for example. 

 

Although in an ideal situation this would be nice but I don't ever see this happening.   The question is, if these small schools are using the same athletes to win basketball, baseball, and other sports why can they not compete in football?   I know that's a loaded question but just something to get a Friday conversation going.  Is it lack of tradition, toughness, football knowledge, kids specializing in sports, parents attitude towards football, poor feeder systems, lack of HOT MOMS?  Thoughts?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, bittergymteacher said:

 

Although in an ideal situation this would be nice but I don't ever see this happening.   The question is, if these small schools are using the same athletes to win basketball, baseball, and other sports why can they not compete in football?   I know that's a loaded question but just something to get a Friday conversation going.  Is it lack of tradition, toughness, football knowledge, kids specializing in sports, parents attitude towards football, poor feeder systems, lack of HOT MOMS?  Thoughts?

I think that tradition and specialization (or prioritization at least) are the two biggest thing. There aren't any schools big enough in that conference to be able to not share athletes and still have success across multiple sports. We have found (and I'm sure many others have as well) that our multi-sport kids are the ones starting in most sports and having the most success because of the different experiences and skills they attain from each sport + the weight room. The tradition aspect though is one that is harder to fix. Takes the right person at the right time that is willing to take lumps at first and stick around to build.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the other sports are fine as far as competitiveness, it's just football where there's typically 2-3 quality teams per year and the rest are dumpster fires.  The biggest problem I believe for the football programs that have been bottom feeders lately (Frankton, Smellwood, MG) is that when the football team sucks for several years consecutively, it makes the quality athletic kids not want to play on the gridiron.  I mean honestly it's a very tough sell to teenagers these days, "come play football for us kid, we'll get beat by at least 50 points per game, but you'll have fun".....................  not so much.  Or the athletic kid can just wait until basketball or baseball season where they'll actually win more games and have fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bittergymteacher said:

 

Although in an ideal situation this would be nice but I don't ever see this happening.   The question is, if these small schools are using the same athletes to win basketball, baseball, and other sports why can they not compete in football?   I know that's a loaded question but just something to get a Friday conversation going.  Is it lack of tradition, toughness, football knowledge, kids specializing in sports, parents attitude towards football, poor feeder systems, lack of HOT MOMS?  Thoughts?

Some of the above! I will put 1st and foremost feeder system. Most of these head coaches are not fully involved in the feeder system and do not follow up with the kids who stop playing to determine why. The extra effort is not being put in at these mediocre to week schools.

It is sad when you go from 23 - 9 in a class over 5-6 years and are still competitive but average. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, franktonite said:

I think the other sports are fine as far as competitiveness, it's just football where there's typically 2-3 quality teams per year and the rest are dumpster fires.  The biggest problem I believe for the football programs that have been bottom feeders lately (Frankton, Smellwood, MG) is that when the football team sucks for several years consecutively, it makes the quality athletic kids not want to play on the gridiron.  I mean honestly it's a very tough sell to teenagers these days, "come play football for us kid, we'll get beat by at least 50 points per game, but you'll have fun".....................  not so much.  Or the athletic kid can just wait until basketball or baseball season where they'll actually win more games and have fun.

Psh, I wish the problem in Elwood was limited to 1 sport. Outside of softball and the occasional standout wrestler, Elwood's athletic programs are hot, steamy garbage. I don't even know where to begin to place the blame but I've got a theory brewing about the windmills they installed on the outskirts of town siphoning the athletic abilities of our youths. I mean what's reeeeally going on with those creepy turbines and their beeping red lights? I'll trade 10 windmills and my tinfoil hat in exchange for a couple more Mireles brothers. 

Edited by halfbackpass
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats to all that won! You deserved it! 

Was amazed at the Alexandria vs Eastbrook game. Outside of Alexandria having 2 get hurt they where totally outclassed. Never in the game except 2 plays. Then their special teams was horrific. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 9:39 AM, halfbackpass said:

Psh, I wish the problem in Elwood was limited to 1 sport. Outside of softball and the occasional standout wrestler, Elwood's athletic programs are hot, steamy garbage. I don't even know where to begin to place the blame but I've got a theory brewing about the windmills they installed on the outskirts of town siphoning the athletic abilities of our youths. I mean what's reeeeally going on with those creepy turbines and their beeping red lights? I'll trade 10 windmills and my tinfoil hat in exchange for a couple more Mireles brothers. 

Hahahaha!!!!  Just imagine what the solar panel farm is going to do to Elwood and Frankton athletic programs, there won't be anymore athletic kids left in that part of the county.  The reflection from the solar rays makes throwing arms become wet noodles, I read it in a book somewhere.  Your assessment of Elwood sports is correct though, luckily Frankton's basketball teams have been stellar enough for the last decade that I don't lose sleep over the ineptitude of the football program.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...