Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Louisville Trinity vs. Cathedral at Arlington

16 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

This is another tough test for the Irish.  It should be an interesting night of football.

I know the transitive property is very subjective but it will be interesting to see how Cathedral holds their own against these guys as Carmel and Warren have already played them.

An Irish win?   Guys like me will overreact and claim that New Pal is in serious trouble (many think they already might be)...

They have a common opponent in Cincinnati Moeller, both convincing shutouts.  Cathedral's MAY be more impressive as it was on the road.  Trinity probably has not played on a real grass field either.  Should be a great game.  Worthy of a better location IMHO. But I guess when you don't have your own field you take what you can get.

52 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

They have a common opponent in Cincinnati Moeller, both convincing shutouts.  Cathedral's MAY be more impressive as it was on the road.  Trinity probably has not played on a real grass field either.  Should be a great game.  Worthy of a better location IMHO. But I guess when you don't have your own field you take what you can get.

Arlington looked to be in great condition from what I could tell watching the Cathedral vs Chatard game played there a few games back.

@Lysander and @PHJIrish would be better to elaborate. 

11 minutes ago, DanteEstonia said:

Would the Butler Bowl be your preferred venue?

The Butler Bowl I believe costs $10,000 for the evening when we play there.  Tech runs $1,500 and they keep concessions as well and Cathedral gets the gate.  Compared to gate and concessions at Arlington and I don't think they pay any fee to use the field.  

The other thing that I know will help is the attendance of the student body.  Arlington being right by school really helps get the students who live in Hamilton County to the games, compared to having to drive all the way downtown to Tech.  Just my opinion though. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, FastpacedO said:

Arlington looked to be in great condition from what I could tell watching the Cathedral vs Chatard game played there a few games back.

I thought the field was in excellent condition.  Heard that Turfdogs, the officail grounds crew of Cathedral, put between $5k to $10k into the field and it showed.  They had started work on it back in April.  A beautifully crowned grass field is a great site to see in 2019 at the 5A level.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, IndplsCathedral_Dad said:

I thought the field was in excellent condition.  Heard that Turfdogs, the officail grounds crew of Cathedral, put between $5k to $10k into the field and it showed.  They had started work on it back in April.  A beautifully crowned grass field is a great site to see in 2019 at the 5A level.  

I should have tagged you as well in my post for opinions on how Arlington looked. I apologize, thank you for commenting on it though much appreciated.

Just now, FastpacedO said:

I should have tagged you as well in my post for opinions on how Arlington looked. I apologize, thank you for commenting on it though much appreciated.

No worries.  It's only Tuesday and I am ready for this match up.  I hope it is as good as the last game we played at Arlington.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, IndplsCathedral_Dad said:

No worries.  It's only Tuesday and I am ready for this match up.  I hope it is as good as the last game we played at Arlington.

Always look forward to hearing yourself, @PHJIrish and IrishLineMomma talk about Cathedral and post game comments. Majority of the other Irish fans on here these days seem to have some major head issues... 😂

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, IndplsCathedral_Dad said:

The Butler Bowl I believe costs $10,000 for the evening when we play there.  Tech runs $1,500 and they keep concessions as well and Cathedral gets the gate.  Compared to gate and concessions at Arlington and I don't think they pay any fee to use the field.  

The other thing that I know will help is the attendance of the student body.  Arlington being right by school really helps get the students who live in Hamilton County to the games, compared to having to drive all the way downtown to Tech.  Just my opinion though. 

“The students who live in Hamilton County”...lol.

14 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

Always look forward to hearing yourself, @PHJIrish and IrishLineMomma talk about Cathedral and post game comments. Majority of the other Irish fans on here these days seem to have some major head issues... 😂

A 4 year state championship “drought” does that to some people I guess...

1 hour ago, FastpacedO said:

I could only tell from the sidelines (no kids on the field these days) but the field appeared to be in excellent condition.  

Just for the record, my kids practiced on the “old” Chatard field - any field not featuring dirt, rocks (some glass mixed in for good measure) and volumes of goose-poop is a good field.

1 hour ago, Lysander said:

I could only tell from the sidelines (no kids on the field these days) but the field appeared to be in excellent condition.  

Just for the record, my kids practiced on the “old” Chatard field - any field not featuring dirt, rocks (some glass mixed in for good measure) and volumes of goose-poop is a good field.

Sounds like you are easy to please my friend. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, irishfootball1906 said:

You obviously havent seen Arlington, its probably better than any other grass field in central indiana......It was a choice, not a take what you can get option.  If CHS wanted to they could have easily played at Marian or UIndy

I’ve seen Arlington although it was probably 20 years ago. No doubt the infusion of money and work has improved the field. I’d say this plays in Cathedral’s favor against Trinity.

I wonder when the last time Trinity has played on grass? 7 years? Maybe it will be an advantage. Either way, the venue was rocking for the northside Catholic battle 3 weeks ago. I’m hopeful it remains that way for a Top 20 Max Preps program. I think we are 0-4 against them, but we’re due for an out of state W. 

Here is Arlington as of 3 weeks ago: 

31E4C4F8-D455-4488-8F82-97E8BE062979.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Temptation said:

A 4 year state championship “drought” does that to some people I guess...

There are two expectations at Cathedral.

1. Win State

2. Beat Chatard

Fail at #1 and season can be respectable.  Complete #1 and fail at #2 is also acceptable.  Fail at both and that season is never to be spoken of or mentioned ever again. 😂 

Edited by IndplsCathedral_Dad
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, irishfootball1906 said:

You obviously havent seen Arlington, its probably better than any other grass field in central indiana......It was a choice, not a take what you can get option.  If CHS wanted to they could have easily played at Marian or UIndy

Great response 1906!  A supportive Cathedral comment at that, hopefully our success so far this season has improved your opinion of our boys.  

• Like 1

I've been told that Cathedral is kinda "kicking the tires" with playing more home games at Arlington.  It has a lot of positives, including the close proximity to Cathedral.

If the decision comes to playing most, if not all home games, at Arlington, further updates will take place.  Right now it is adequate for a few games.  If there had been more inclement weather recently that probably would have changed.  Luckily we've been in a dry spell here in Central Indiana.

• Like 1