Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Indiana Hoosier Football Reaches Pivot Point

Guest DT

27 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

It would help with the recruits if they could get the stadium full.  Its not a big stadium, and if they can get the folks that go to IU to simply tailgate and party to actually go in the stadium, they would have no issue filling it up.  I have been blown away going to games and watching both adults and kids never make an effort to leave their tailgate to actually attend the game.  %$#* culture!

I hear ya TD.  Seen it happen also.  Maybe if they start winning and going to bowls, more people will watch them play.  Just a guess.  Maybe change the culture of the team, change the culture of the fans?  This is only the fourth time the Hoosiers have been bowl eligible in the last 25 years.  Gonna take a season or two to get people on board with winning I suppose.

2 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

Perhaps...I went down to the UConn game....some folks were selling parking passes into the Woodlawn tailgaiting area for $60 a pop.  They cost $20 when purchasing them from IU.  

Scalping tailgate parking passes in order to party?  

The game had about 15,000-18,000 open seats......

I can't see that impressing recruits.

BTW, I am not disagreeing with you....just hope this starts to change....currently, it is the culture.

Never felt you were.   It's all good.  I get you are frustrated over the attendance thing.  So am I.   I haven't been to as many games these days as I used to.  Hey, maybe I'm part of the problem  LOL

5 hours ago, TrojanDad said:

It would help with the recruits if they could get the stadium full.  Its not a big stadium, and if they can get the folks that go to IU to simply tailgate and party to actually go in the stadium, they would have no issue filling it up.  I have been blown away going to games and watching both adults and kids never make an effort to leave their tailgate to actually attend the game.  %$#* culture!

So who is attending this Saturday vs Northwestern

4 hours ago, itiswhatitis said:

Never felt you were.   It's all good.  I get you are frustrated over the attendance thing.  So am I.   I haven't been to as many games these days as I used to.  Hey, maybe I'm part of the problem  LOL

Be part of the solution LOL Every ticket purchased gets an authentic IU hat, up to four.

7 - 2 and you know the bowl invites are growing.  At least one more win and they will be playing in a respectable bowl game this year.  It is still going to be hard to get win #8.  The bucket game can go either way in this rivalry.  The other 2 games?  A puncher's chance?  We'll see.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

curious, would it be considered a underperforming season if IU goes to the Bowl Game, but still loses to PU with a Walk on at QB?  

Yes, no 2 ways about it. IU is the better team this year, and rivalry game or not, you need to put on your big boy panties and perform.  Purdue is weak this year. Talk about getting over the hump, not beating a weaker Boiler team takes us backwards again. = “underperforming season”

6 minutes ago, southend said:

Yes, no 2 ways about it. IU is the better team this year, and rivalry game or not, you need to put on your big boy panties and perform.  Purdue is weak this year. Talk about getting over the hump, not beating a weaker Boiler team takes us backwards again. = “underperforming season”

It would be disappointing but not under-performing. IU is in uncharted waters right now in a place they haven't been in almost 30 years. 

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 12:00 PM, Coach Nowlin said:

I would vote for Music City Bowl

Any chance to get to go to Nashville is a must 

Went to college there.  Other than recording row, didn't care for it.  We met Elvis at the RCA recording studio.  Hey, it was in 1971 and Elvis was STILL the king!  LOL  Went to the Grand Ole Opera too.  Boring!!!

• Haha 2