Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The long awaited New Pal vs Cathedral matchup

11 minutes ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy1 said:

What a sweet post, Muuuuuuuda. Thought we’d get something more like Cathedral’s uniforms are so good looking from their private school privilege or something similar. The Irish-ofile you are evolving into is making me blush. 

Look fabulous, feel fabulous.  Thank you for your support.  

22 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

To turn this thread into anything other than a football discussion.

And to disparage and make anyone residing in Southern Hancock County feel terrible about their decision for some reason...

Before I let any other distractions take my attention, I'll take New Pal 28-24 for no other reason than I am not willing to bet against a coach that is 84-4 in his tenure, has probably been secretly preparing his team for this contests for MONTHS, and because I have doubted before (against CG the last two regular seasons) only to be proven wrong.

Cathedral is much more "battle tested" but in my opinion that advantage is negated by the fact that New Pal has probably had this game secretly circled on their calendar since August, a luxury Cathedral could not afford.

18 minutes ago, Temptation said:

And to disparage and make anyone residing in Southern Hancock County feel terrible about their decision for some reason...

Before I let any other distractions take my attention, I'll take New Pal 28-24 for no other reason than I am not willing to bet against a coach that is 84-4 in his tenure, has probably been secretly preparing his team for this contests for MONTHS, and because I have doubted before (against CG the last two regular seasons) only to be proven wrong.

Cathedral is much more "battle tested" but in my opinion that advantage is negated by the fact that New Pal has probably had this game secretly circled on their calendar since August, a luxury Cathedral could not afford.

Interesting.  Can you please expound on these 'secret preparations'?   Has Mr. Ralph and his staff purloined tapes (hopefully from an end zone camera) of 2019 Cathedral contests and have been obsessively watching them over and over and over again on their cell phones while riding to/from New Palestine contests?

And I disparage most anyone who chooses to live in Marion or its surrounding doughnut, urban sprawl counties.

2 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Interesting.  Can you please expound on these 'secret preparations'?   Has Mr. Ralph and his staff purloined tapes (hopefully from an end zone camera) of 2019 Cathedral contests and have been obsessively watching them over and over and over again on their cell phones while riding to/from New Palestine contests?

And I disparage most anyone who chooses to live in Marion or its surrounding doughnut, urban sprawl counties.

Maybe NP has been working on schemes to attack Cathedral last few weeks?   Not unheard of.

Take you back to 2014, we played LCC week 8, tough game, won 9-0, but they were the 1st team that was successful in defending our bread and butter, HOWEVER, we were able to find some things we could exploit for the next meeting which we determined was destined for Semi State that same year.  

So for 30-40 minutes a practice and for an hour on Saturday's we would run the "LCC SCRIPT" which a complete 180 from what we had been doing with our double tight offense, instead we threw at them 7-8 different shotgun formations that we could manipulate where Cronk at MLB was and Anthrop as SS was.   We sprinted out to a 14-0 lead in the 1st quarter with lots of QB runs that we had shown all season.   Won the game 17-14.   

Don't think we win if we didn't invest all that time working on that different script for 5 weeks leading up to the Semi State game. 

Just an example 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Coach Nowlin said:

So for 30-40 minutes a practice and for an hour on Saturday's we would run the "LCC SCRIPT" which a complete 180 from what we had been doing with our double tight offense, instead we threw at them 7-8 different shotgun formations that we could manipulate where Cronk at MLB was and Anthrop as SS was.   We sprinted out to a 14-0 lead in the 1st quarter with lots of QB runs that we had shown all season.   Won the game 17-14.   

Don't think we win if we didn't invest all that time working on that different script for 5 weeks leading up to the Semi State game. 

Just an example 

So these were "secret preparations"?  If so were you concerned that a spy from LCC would discover this "LCC SCRIPT"?

Edited by Muda69

5 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

So these were "secret preparations"?  If so were you concerned that a spy from LCC would discover this "LCC SCRIPT"?

If you were a coach, and you knew you were going to more than likely face a very good team a 2nd time, why would you want to "show" them your plans on film in any previous games? 

They were "secret" to us, but you know that already.   I think you are having to much fun with your quizzical nature this week.  

1 minute ago, Coach Nowlin said:

If you were a coach, and you knew you were going to more than likely face a very good team a 2nd time, why would you want to "show" them your plans on film in any previous games? 

They were "secret" to us, but you know that already.   I think you are having to much fun with your quizzical nature this week.  

So "secret" means only practice these special plays/schemes, don't use them in a game until it is against a certain opponent at a certain time.  Got it.  Sounds legit, unless of course a spy from the other program shows up and watches your practices................. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

You don't get it huh?  New Pal could've run through 7-8 of the teams on their regular season with a vanilla playbook.  If you don't see an advantage there, I can't help you.  Your recent posts are a disgrace to the 8th Wonder of the World.  I'd recommend an avatar change.

1 minute ago, Temptation said:

You don't get it huh?  New Pal could've run through 7-8 of the teams on their regular season with a vanilla playbook.  If you don't see an advantage there, I can't help you.  Your recent posts are a disgrace to the 8th Wonder of the World.  I'd recommend an avatar change.

Now I get it.  Thank you for the enlightening information. You create "secret plays/schemes" for the big name opponents on your schedule, run JV/Junior High stuff against the weaklings on your schedule.  

Kind of like Andre pulling out all the tricks when wrestling the likes of Hulk Hogan,  but basically resting on his laurels while wrestling run-of-the-mill scrubs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

While yes New Pal may have had Cathedral circled, so you think possibly CHS has had New Pal circled? I mean being 84-4, defending state champs, and having played CG. I would think it goes both ways, it’s not like New Pal (said to be the best team regardless of class since they played CG by many) doesn’t have a target on their back. Just thinking out load.

6 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

While yes New Pal may have had Cathedral circled, so you think possibly CHS has had New Pal circled? I mean being 84-4, defending state champs, and having played CG. I would think it goes both ways, it’s not like New Pal (said to be the best team regardless of class since they played CG by many) doesn’t have a target on their back. Just thinking out load.

Do you think the New Palestine football program has sent spies to watch Cathedral practices?  Or vice versa?

• Confused 1

Just now, Muda69 said:

Do you think the New Palestine football program has sent spies to watch Cathedral practices?  Or vice versa?

You don't need to send spies to practice to get game film.

I think New Pal's schedule allows them to run some Cathedral stuff at their kids during practice throughout the season, while Cathedral had to focus on the next game.  Did Ralph tell his team it was a Cathedral session? I don't know.  But, what I do know, is the guy has lost 4 games in his career so he's no dummy.

Just now, Knightmare said:

I think New Pal's schedule allows them to run some Cathedral stuff at their kids during practice throughout the season, while Cathedral had to focus on the next game.  Did Ralph tell his team it was a Cathedral session? I don't know.  But, what I do know, is the guy has lost 4 games in his career so he's no dummy.

Not talking about game film.  I'm talking about spies getting the dirt on these so-called "secret plays/schemes" by watching practices.  Is this unethical or illegal behavior?

10 minutes ago, Knightmare said:

I would expect him to lose more than 4 games with how weak the schedule is lolololol

18 minutes ago, Knightmare said:

Thanks for spelling it out for this jobber.  He's much closer to Iron Mike Sharpe than Andre...

3 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

D1 talent for sure, and I said that. Just don't think they have any P5 talent like they've had in years past. There's no Ekiyor (Alabama), Stepp (USC), McLaurin (Ohio State), Bortenschlager (Maryland), Werner (Ohio State), Karras (Illinois), etc etc.

Great team this year for sure, better than any of the teams during their 5peat. Just not sure they have the top end individual talent like some of those teams had. That's not a slight by any means.

Gotcha, and agree - neither one is going to Ohio State.... but I thought one of them had a P5?  Both those kids have service academy offers I see. Tex had all three!  Those have all been ranked programs as of late.  I'd take that over Maryland any day. LOL

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

No

1 hour ago, Knightmare said:

I think New Palestine is going to game plan to do what they do and I think Cathedral will game plan to do what they do. Ultimately i think both coaches feel if they play their game and execute they will win. I think others try to make it more difficult than it has to be.

1 hour ago, FastpacedO said:

No

I think New Palestine is going to game plan to do what they do and I think Cathedral will game plan to do what they do. Ultimately i think both coaches feel if they play their game and execute they will win. I think others try to make it more difficult than it has to be.

Exactly, come Saturday we'll be reading about mistakes and missed opportunities. Rarely do teams at this level get criticized for strategy. 

17 hours ago, JHgwood said:

Good schools?  I know plenty that left the community because of the schools.  Who doesn’t want to live outside of Warren Township on the east side of Indianapolis🤣. Who doesn’t want to go shopping or to a restaurant on East Washington st?Sounds like affordable housing to me. I became a critic when I noticed Multiple comments  on social media making reference to God creating football and NP being the reason. How arrogant!   New Pal wants to compare itself to Carmel, Greenwood, and Avon and that is hilarious.  The east-side is The arm pit of Indianapolis and if you live outside of the highest crime area in Indianapolis the only way is up.  Quiet? Have you checked the police records in your local paper lately?  I understand having pride in your program and community, but the majority on the east side need to come down to reality

I don't want to feed trolls, but this is absurd. New Palestine is a fast-growing community largely because of the schools. Good for you that you've found the couple of disgruntled people in every community. Our test scores and community makeup are comparable to Center Grove, Avon, et al, and as the school grows, that's going to continue. Property values *inside* the district are substantially higher than those across the line in neighboring districts. I follow a lot of social media accounts. I've not seen anything about "God creating football for New Palestine." I do see a number of people with pride in their community and their football team, and acknowledging the hard work of many in the community to build a quality youth program that has fed this high school team. And yes, I've checked the police records at the local paper. I'm not going to speak for other communities, but New Palestine is fairly quiet, low crime, good community. When it comes to football, we've got Warren Central, New Palestine, Mt. Vernon & Triton Central - all neighboring districts - are all competing for regional titles this Friday night, so obviously, we must be doing something right over here. 

• Like 1