Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

1A: Lafayette Central Catholic (11-3) vs Indianapolis Lutheran (13-0)

1A: Lafayette Central Catholic (11-3) vs Indianapolis Lutheran (13-0)  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Lafayette Central Catholic
    • Indianapolis Lutheran

16 minutes ago, DT said:

My point is simple.  Due to clear and obvious built in advantages, private schools should never be allowed to compete in the smallest class, regardless of enrollment

Very rare.  Fishers comes to mind.  

Tell that to Faith Christian ... or St. James Lutheran High School in Lafayette.

• Like 1

I watched some of both games, via internet, last Friday night. Lutheran is the real deal, LCC just got luck of the draw to get to still be in this conversation (weak sectional, weak regional, AC playing too tight until it was too late). I don't think LCC will have a chance. They won't get stomped into the Oil Can turf, but this time they come home with red medals instead of blue.

Lutheran 34, LCC 21

Edited by RedwoodCowTippers
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, RedwoodCowTippers said:

I watched some of both games, via internet, last Friday night. Lutheran is the real deal, LCC just got luck of the draw to get to still be in this conversation (weak sectional, weak regional, AC playing too tight until it was too late). I don't think LCC will have a chance. They won't get stomped into the Oil Can turf, but this time they come home with red medals instead of blue.

Lutheran 34, LCC 21

Yes... if Luthern puts up 34pts..... thatd b bad news for Lcc .... I'd like to c more of a Luthern/ Triton type game.... but that was awhile back.....

9 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

Yes... if Luthern puts up 34pts..... thatd b bad news for Lcc .... I'd like to c more of a Luthern/ Triton type game.... but that was awhile back.....

Or Covenant Christian.  It was more recent and during the tourney.  That more likely holds the key for LCC.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Staxawax said:

I know nothing about these 2 teams and I’m too lazy to read @foxbat’s analysis. But, LCC has done this a whole bunch of times..... kind of like Sheridan used to. I don’t want to say Catholics play football better than Lutherans, but give me LCC in a mild upset 21-13.

"Catholics play better football than Lutherans".. Great comment!

Man oh man. Lutheran finally punched their ticket. Being on two of the teams that lost in Semi-State, couldn’t be happier for them. Obviously, I’m pulling for them hard.

Both Lutheran and LCC are great teams with great programs and great coaches. I don’t know a whole lot about this LCC team, but I know they have plenty of experience at LOS. This Lutheran team has been chomping at the bit for a long time now. These seniors were in 7th grade when Lutheran first lost at Semi-State in 2014. Every loss since then has led to this moment. This team is thirsty for a title, and they’re going to do just about anything to walk away with a win on Friday. 

Heading the offense, Junior QB Blake White, who has shown up and shown out this year. This offseason, he trained hard and came back ready to play some damn good football. Obviously, Senior RB Marcus “Mack” McFadden is the best small school RB and one of the best in the state. Hard runner and just makes dudes miss!  White also has so many options to throw to I don’t even want to write out all their names!  Finally, the guys up front, averaging a weight of around 230ish, make massive holes and get to second level well to lead the way for McFadden. LCC will have to keep Lutheran’s high-powered offense in check or else they’ll run away with it. 

The defensive side of things for the Saints is another great situation. Armed with one of, if not the best linebacker core in Indiana in Peyton Knight, Marcus McFadden, and Hayden Filipovich. All three excel at filling holes and pursuing outside runs. Up front, the line is averaging around 255ish would be my guess, and they control the line pretty darn well.  They’ve done well against the run all year, and I don’t expect this game to be any different. I don’t know what LCC excels at, in terms of offense, but Lutheran will be ready. 

Overall, I think this will be an overall good game. Certainly better than Pioneer’s blowout snooze fest last year. The first quarter, possibly half will be back and forth, and we’ll have to see where it goes. However, if Lutheran can get out to a 2 TD lead, that’s where they excel and the momentum snowballs from there. I’m looking forward to a fun game, and pulling for my boys to bring home the blue!

Lutheran 42 LCC 21

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Brouse said:

Man oh man. Lutheran finally punched their ticket. Being on two of the teams that lost in Semi-State, couldn’t be happier for them. Obviously, I’m pulling for them hard.

Both Lutheran and LCC are great teams with great programs and great coaches. I don’t know a whole lot about this LCC team, but I know they have plenty of experience at LOS. This Lutheran team has been chomping at the bit for a long time now. These seniors were in 7th grade when Lutheran first lost at Semi-State in 2014. Every loss since then has led to this moment. This team is thirsty for a title, and they’re going to do just about anything to walk away with a win on Friday. 

Heading the offense, Junior QB Blake White, who has shown up and shown out this year. This offseason, he trained hard and came back ready to play some damn good football. Obviously, Senior RB Marcus “Mack” McFadden is the best small school RB and one of the best in the state. Hard runner and just makes dudes miss!  White also has so many options to throw to I don’t even want to write out all their names!  Finally, the guys up front, averaging a weight of around 230ish, make massive holes and get to second level well to lead the way for McFadden. LCC will have to keep Lutheran’s high-powered offense in check or else they’ll run away with it. 

The defensive side of things for the Saints is another great situation. Armed with one of, if not the best linebacker core in Indiana in Peyton Knight, Marcus McFadden, and Hayden Filipovich. All three excel at filling holes and pursuing outside runs. Up front, the line is averaging around 255ish would be my guess, and they control the line pretty darn well.  They’ve done well against the run all year, and I don’t expect this game to be any different. I don’t know what LCC excels at, in terms of offense, but Lutheran will be ready. 

Overall, I think this will be an overall good game. Certainly better than Pioneer’s blowout snooze fest last year. The first quarter, possibly half will be back and forth, and we’ll have to see where it goes. However, if Lutheran can get out to a 2 TD lead, that’s where they excel and the momentum snowballs from there. I’m looking forward to a fun game, and pulling for my boys to bring home the blue!

Lutheran 42 LCC 21

Almost gave you an up-vote ... until I saw the score prediction. 😀

Should be a good game. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sargent Dangle said:

"Catholics play better football than Lutherans".. Great comment!

Lutherans play good soccer.  My son played on a Lutheran soccer team this last season.  Matter of fact, he got to play the Calvary Lutheran tournament there at Indy Lutheran in late-September ... which his team won.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Almost gave you an up-vote ... until I saw the score prediction. 😀

Should be a good game. 

Understandable. I’m really hoping for an entertaining, neck-and-neck game, with Lutheran coming out on top, but Lutheran just feels too strong this year. Who knows, maybe I’ll get proven wrong 😂

13 hours ago, DT said:

My point is simple.  Due to clear and obvious built in advantages, private schools should never be allowed to compete in the smallest class, regardless of enrollment

I’m too lazy to look but I believe eastern Greene made it in 1a after a handful of years in 1a. 

12 hours ago, foxbat said:

Tell that to Faith Christian ... or St. James Lutheran High School in Lafayette.

Obvious advantages? Pay a crap load of money to get a good education for youe child. My son has played saint football since he was in the first grade. They won their confrence almost every year.  Good players  and kids, but 2/3 of them go to Franklin central,  Perry M, southport, new pal. Triton.  We a great feeder program for youth football,  it benefits our team and other schools too. Multiple lineman starting at new pal played jr. Saint.  Where is the advantage?

4 minutes ago, CP fed said:

Obvious advantages? Pay a crap load of money to get a good education for youe child. My son has played saint football since he was in the first grade. They won their confrence almost every year.  Good players  and kids, but 2/3 of them go to Franklin central,  Perry M, southport, new pal. Triton.  We a great feeder program for youth football,  it benefits our team and other schools too. Multiple lineman starting at new pal played jr. Saint.  Where is the advantage?

See the thread about socioeconomics...

19 minutes ago, Brouse said:

Understandable. I’m really hoping for an entertaining, neck-and-neck game, with Lutheran coming out on top, but Lutheran just feels too strong this year. Who knows, maybe I’ll get proven wrong 😂

The ... Vaunted Intangibles.... line up w Lcc in this one...... will it b enuff?  Hmmmmmm............... the knights r  7-0 in state title games...... however.... this is the 2nd time they enter as dogs....... and should they win.... would set a school record for havin done it w the most loses......

Edited by BendNotBreak
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, DT said:

U can go to the game and stage a protest 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Disdain 1

1 hour ago, BendNotBreak said:

The ... Vaunted Intangibles.... line up w Lcc in this one...... will it b enuff?  Hmmmmmm............... the knights r  7-0 in state title games...... however.... this is the 2nd time they enter as dogs....... and should they win.... would set a school record for havin done it w the most loses......

Don't forget beating Guerin in 2011 41-21 at LOS.

29 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Don't forget beating Guerin in 2011 41-21 at LOS.

Yes .... if u wanna include all games @ LORocca stadium LOS..... 🤭   contrast that to a strong FB program such as Ritter.... their 1A record in State Title games I believe is  3-4.   Dose it mean anything this time around? .............  hmmmmmmmm............depends on who u ask .........

18 hours ago, kdets89 said:

You know where to find the link to Harrell's site.

DT’s been too busy to check Harrell’s the past week.  He’s been on the road trolling hospitals and checking HS kids’ birth certificates....it’s a 12 hour a day job and a thankless one........I hope.

That said, congrats to Indy Lutheran.  I have quietly followed their travails over the years and it’s been great to finally see them get to the big show.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Brouse said:

They did. Eastern Greene beat Lutheran in 2017 to go to 1A state. 

He's a Pioneer guy, so I'm guessing that he was too lazy to look up how long Eastern Greene had been playing football before making it to the state finals.

23 hours ago, CP fed said:

I'm not aware of any PM kids that came over from Lutheran, but I know there are 10 or more former Perry kids playing at Lutheran.  Good luck to our fellow Southsiders this week

• Like 1

23 hours ago, CP fed said:

Are there official feeder schools into Indy Lutheran or is it more general?  I know that Calvary Lutheran is right in Indy Lutheran's backyard ... about a 10-minute drive ...  but didn't know if it was more of a full feeder program or just a general area collector.

50 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Are there official feeder schools into Indy Lutheran or is it more general?  I know that Calvary Lutheran is right in Indy Lutheran's backyard ... about a 10-minute drive ...  but didn't know if it was more of a full feeder program or just a general area collector.

There are 16 Missouri-Synod Lutheran churches in the Indianapolis area that support LuHi, 6 of them with elementary schools.  Four of the elementary schools on the south side (Calvary, St. John, Trinity, Zion) are the primary feeder schools.  Our Shepherd on the west side and Holy Cross-Geist in the northeast are a bit of a hike, but do provide a few students.

Missouri-Synod Lutherans don't have a CYO equivalent program by congregation/parish.  Like the Lutheran schools in Ft. Wayne, there is a single football feeder program for kids from from the elementary schools.  Unlike the Holy Cross program in Ft. Wayne, the Indy Lutheran Jr. Saints are open to any interested elementary school players from 1st-8th grade.  The majority of the kids who enter the LuHi football team from non-Lutheran schools come through the Jr. Saints.  However, after 14 seasons the retention of 7th/8th graders as freshmen still averages below 50%.  There have been several contributors on nearby public school rosters who came through the program.