Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Conference 2019

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

It is high level of coaching and players and systems each and every week it seems. 

Watching LCC this weekend and today.  They are the best 2-3 team in small class football in my opinion.   They gave Guerin all they wanted  most of the 1st half until some things went south late 2nd quarter for them.  Same Guerin team that just beat 6a Columbus North.   Beat Tipton, who is valid 2a team.  Took their WL medicine already and played very competitive week 1 game vs Tri West.   They are the hands down favorite to win sectional 42 in my humbled opinion and they may go into the tournament with a sub 500 record and being playing in Semi State 

SECTIONAL 41
SECT.
RANK
STATE
RANK
TEAM OVERALL
RATING
SCHEDULE
STRENGTH RANK
RECENT
RATING   RANK
PREDICTOR
RATING   RANK
1 175 Culver 36.68 20.94 276 36.19 182 37.54 174
2 176 North Judson 36.38 35.87 191 36.60 179 36.01 180
3 231 Winamac 25.71 50.70 105 24.84 233 26.01 228
4 276 South Central (Union Mills) 10.93 38.15 179 9.87 279 10.99 275
5 291 West Central 5.21 0.81 312 6.15 288 4.54 291
6 314 Lake Station -17.19 19.93 284 -14.63 313 -17.84 315
7 317 Gary Roosevelt -18.70 20.58 279 -19.11 317 -19.87 317
8 319 South Newton -31.29 9.18 306 -31.12 319 -31.27 319
SECTIONAL 42
SECT.
RANK
STATE
RANK
TEAM OVERALL
RATING
SCHEDULE
STRENGTH RANK
RECENT
RATING   RANK
PREDICTOR
RATING   RANK
1 137 Lafayette Central Catholic 48.64 59.77 66 49.20 131 48.63 136
2 195 Traders Point Christian 34.49 3.40 309 35.99 183 34.74 194
3 210 Clinton Prairie 31.07 17.70 291 30.75 211 31.92 205
4 260 Carroll (Flora) 16.98 2.72 310 17.80 254 17.15 259
5 277 Clinton Central 10.72 13.64 301 10.07 277 10.74 276
6 288 Frontier 6.05 -5.57 317 10.64 275 5.00 290
7 304 North White -2.45 3.76 308 -3.36 305 -1.91 304
8 313 Tri-County -14.71 0.44 313 -16.49 315 -15.63 313

My favorite part about this. Your totally right on LCC. Frontier just beat Clinton Central, and is still ranked behind them. That is why I feel Sagarin can never be used to decide a "tie" if we seeded Sectionals.

I wouldn't want to play LCC, I have, I will again, but I wouldn't want to.

• Like 1

Western Vs. Cass should be interesting this week.  Cass should be able to score but I am not sure if they can stop Western's #15 and #22.  If Cass can continue to improve their passing game it will separate them from the top teams in 2A.  

1 minute ago, Scat said:

Western Vs. Cass should be interesting this week.  Cass should be able to score but I am not sure if they can stop Western's #15 and #22.  If Cass can continue to improve their passing game it will separate them from the top teams in 2A.  

like a 42-41 Week 2 game Western played? 

Love and hate the blind draw. 

LCC is starting to find it's identity under this young coaching staff. Since week 1, the staff has moved kids around to get less 2 way players and I believe it's been working pretty well. LCC this year has a good mix of Experience and youth playing. Lost a starting freshman guard vs WL to a spiral fracture. The players just need to develop the mentality to bring it from the start to the finish. 

With a Western win, then if Tipton can pull up an upset over Western. The East becomes super interesting. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CoachDurham said:

My favorite part about this. Your totally right on LCC. Frontier just beat Clinton Central, and is still ranked behind them. That is why I feel Sagarin can never be used to decide a "tie" if we seeded Sectionals.

Wow. I didnt know Winamac's SOS was 105. 

Another example. North Judson beat Culver by 2 and is slightly behind culver..but looking up the stats from the game. Culver had 21 more first downs, had almost 250 more yards of total offense. They just fumbled it twice in red zone and i believe missed a field goal. 

Judson is 8-14 favorites over us but you watch the film. Youll realize North Judson scored late, recovered a fumble in the end zone and busted a 35+ yard run all within the final 3:45....to push it to 3 tds... To me our Sectional tilts towards Culver but its more open then sag says it is. 

I don't see any of sect 41 beating LCC though. 

Edited by Ultimate Warrior

12 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

WL is clear #1 in the West.  

Big week to determine seeding of week 9 

NEXT 2 WEEKS:

Friday, Sep. 27
Central Catholic at Rensselaer ©, 8 pm
Northwestern at Tipton ©, 7 pm
Twin Lakes at Hamilton Heights, 7:30 pm
West Lafayette at Benton Central ©, 7 pm
Western at Cass ©, 7 pm
Friday, Oct. 4
Hamilton Heights at Tipton ©, 7 pm
Central Catholic at Twin Lakes ©, 7 pm
Rensselaer at Benton Central ©, 8 pm
West Lafayette at Cass, 7 pm
Western at Northwestern ©, 7 pm

RCHS beats LCC this week, that puts the Bombers in the drivers seat for playing in the 3rd/4th place game week 9

On the EAST SIDE:  HUGE MATCHUP THIS WEEK

Cass speed and skill vs Westerns Power and sprinkled in speed.  If Cass wins, that puts them in driver's seat for #1 slot on East division, if that plays out that way, then Cass gets to play WL week 7 and week 9

Western finishes their regular season with all EAST division teams starting with Cass.  

Fun time of year and Sectional draw looms large for all coming in 2 Sundays!!!

Kind of disappointed the Kings and Bombers won't get to matchup in the regular season. The two have had some great games come down to the wire the last couple of years. Both are playing great football right now. I think it was mentioned LCC was the 2-3 best team in small class football right now. These might be the two teams in front of them right now. Fingers crossed for a regional matchup. Both have some really good contenders in their sectional also. 

I know anything can happen come playoff time, but I think there's a pretty good chance we might see 1A, 2A, and 3A north represented by a hoosier conference team. Hats off to the programs and coaches for a great season so far. Very competitive every week (minus maybe WL games). 

I think this conference is proof that the everyone making the tournament style of playoffs is beautiful. Test yourself with some really good programs from all different classes so your ready for anything come playoff time. Always gives you a chance to compete with very skilled teams. I know Cass wouldn't have played Eastbrook as well as they did in the sectional championship had it not been for the schedule they played last year. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, CoachDurham said:

Another example is Pioneer having a higher ranking than Cass in their Sectional. Definitely has many flaws to it.

On 9/23/2019 at 10:24 PM, TacklingFuel_10 said:

Another example is Pioneer having a higher ranking than Cass in their Sectional. Definitely has many flaws to it.

It's not perfect but is there a more objective way that has no flaws.

Personally, though, I'm fine with not seeding sectionals.  

• Like 1

only way to seed it is to get 8 Head Coaches in a Room 

There are so many variables that go into.  Injuries, weather, suspensions, so on and so forth.  

Sagarin has so many mathematical flaws that it cannot be the way to use it solely at a seeding tool.  It is a good tool to use, but for seeding it can be manipulated soley by playing a team up a few classes who is not strong and then blasting them by 60 if you are a 1a or 2a team against lets say a 5a or 4a and watch your Sagarin number go thru the roof. 

no thanks

22 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

only way to seed it is to get 8 Head Coaches in a Room 

There are so many variables that go into.  Injuries, weather, suspensions, so on and so forth.  

Sagarin has so many mathematical flaws that it cannot be the way to use it solely at a seeding tool.  It is a good tool to use, but for seeding it can be manipulated soley by playing a team up a few classes who is not strong and then blasting them by 60 if you are a 1a or 2a team against lets say a 5a or 4a and watch your Sagarin number go thru the roof. 

no thanks

Hell they dont have to sit in the room! Each coach can rank their Sectional 1-7. Show me a coach that hasn't been studying up on their Sectional opponents all year long.

• Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, CoachDurham said:

Hell they dont have to sit in the room! Each coach can rank their Sectional 1-7. Show me a coach that hasn't been studying up on their Sectional opponents all year long.

If you didn't want coaches doing it, let me do it.  But you know where my biases are.

On 9/23/2019 at 10:11 PM, TacklingFuel_10 said:

Kind of disappointed the Kings and Bombers won't get to matchup in the regular season. The two have had some great games come down to the wire the last couple of years. Both are playing great football right now. I think it was mentioned LCC was the 2-3 best team in small class football right now. These might be the two teams in front of them right now. Fingers crossed for a regional matchup. Both have some really good contenders in their sectional also. 

I know anything can happen come playoff time, but I think there's a pretty good chance we might see 1A, 2A, and 3A north represented by a hoosier conference team. Hats off to the programs and coaches for a great season so far. Very competitive every week (minus maybe WL games). 

I think this conference is proof that the everyone making the tournament style of playoffs is beautiful. Test yourself with some really good programs from all different classes so your ready for anything come playoff time. Always gives you a chance to compete with very skilled teams. I know Cass wouldn't have played Eastbrook as well as they did in the sectional championship had it not been for the schedule they played last year. 

Nowlins is betting the Kings and Bombers will play week 9 .... ther a certain symmetry to that me thinks......

10 minutes ago, LCCAlum said:

If the Coaches can decide officials rankings. They can certainly decide the sectional seeds. I like it. Let's get it in front of Bobby Cox post-haste. 

If the GID had an award for “Most logical fallacies contained in a single post of 2 sentences or less,” this would be the leader in the clubhouse.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I guess I should have said TIC with my post. Had 8 schools I've never seen before give me a basketball vote last year. I do think coaches would vote honestly with a seeding scenario. I'd also imagine some of the 8 seeds would be ready for the season to end. 

Edited by LCCAlum

49 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

Its gameday.... where 1st period to lunch seems like a full semester.... did she say something about absolute zero? Lol What were those formations? Down and distance...keys... tendencies?  Go to guys? A pic 6? A fumble return td?  Tackle for loss... sack!  Dang that clock moves slow.... 

• Like 1