Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Conference

Tyler Marsh officially promoted at Benton Central announced this week,  wish him well  

Agree, WL unless someone proves otherwise.   

Interested to see how youthful Mannering brings his style to his hometown in Cass 

New QB for Western, as last year's QB now at Eastbrook, Kneply take over?  

Tipton got hit hard by injury bug last year, I know they are excited to get that group back together 

I think Hamilton Heights makes a step this year, they too were hit with some big injuries early in the year to some skill players. 

LCC playing with a lot of confidence, as they should, new DC there, talented JV squad last year joins the ranks, QB will have even more experience under his belt to run Coach Nay's system.  

What does new coach at Twin Lakes bring with him from Carroll, known for some Quad formations, will it be a mix bag of fun??  

Spoiler alert:  Bombers are going to line up in double tight formation, single wing, shotgun.   same ole same ole  😀

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Tyler Marsh officially promoted at Benton Central announced this week,  wish him well  

Agree, WL unless someone proves otherwise.   

Interested to see how youthful Mannering brings his style to his hometown in Cass 

New QB for Western, as last year's QB now at Eastbrook, Kneply take over?  

Tipton got hit hard by injury bug last year, I know they are excited to get that group back together 

I think Hamilton Heights makes a step this year, they too were hit with some big injuries early in the year to some skill players. 

LCC playing with a lot of confidence, as they should, new DC there, talented JV squad last year joins the ranks, QB will have even more experience under his belt to run Coach Nay's system.  

What does new coach at Twin Lakes bring with him from Carroll, known for some Quad formations, will it be a mix bag of fun??  

Spoiler alert:  Bombers are going to line up in double tight formation, single wing, shotgun.   same ole same ole  😀

How many of your boys return from last year coach? (Starters/2nd stringers who got PT)

Edited by TheStatGuy

QB started 3 games last year:  BC, NW and Tipton, went 3-0 

Will be replacing 2 TEs and FB.   

Need to replace North All Star Noah BIerma, who ended up being our #1 RB, when our soph, RB went down with ACL 2 days before KV game, but he had carries his freshman year and has been chomping at the bit to get onto the field after being out so long.   

RT will be new.  RG as well, but we got some time in with some kids last year but not full time by any means.   

Return a good chunk of defense, but lost both MLBs and a Safety in Hickman and Corner in Bierma   

So I'd say about a half the starters turned over.  

I really think West Lafayette is going to face a strong falloff here soon. I think they will still be the best team in the Hoosier conference this year but they will have many close games. Word on the street is their numbers have been way down in 7th and 8th grade recently and may not have some of the top tier talent they’ve had the past 5-10 years. I’ll never doubt Coach Fry and his staff without seeing them perform but I just can’t see them being as good as they’ve been recently even with Yanni. Guess we will see week 1 against Jeff

4 hours ago, Bears62 said:

I really think West Lafayette is going to face a strong falloff here soon. I think they will still be the best team in the Hoosier conference this year but they will have many close games. Word on the street is their numbers have been way down in 7th and 8th grade recently and may not have some of the top tier talent they’ve had the past 5-10 years. I’ll never doubt Coach Fry and his staff without seeing them perform but I just can’t see them being as good as they’ve been recently even with Yanni. Guess we will see week 1 against Jeff

Would that be Sesame Street ?  I hope we get to see Yanni play this season. His field awareness reminds me of that Smith kid from Luers a while back.

On 7/23/2020 at 9:58 AM, LCCAlum said:

Let's bump this up. If we are lucky to have football. Tipton thinks they are a favorite in 2A. That would lead me to believe they'd be a favorite in the Hoosier Conference as well. I don't think I buy it. 

No one ever said Tipton was a favorite in 2A!

On 7/25/2020 at 3:14 PM, Bears62 said:

If I'm not mistaken, LCC's 7th grade dropped West Lafayette's 7th grade this past season.  They beat LCC's 8th grade 18-8.  I think WL had some struggle with East Tipp, which feeds into Harrison, during the regular junior high / middle school season in 2019 too.  In the past, they've tended to handle the teams that feed into Harrison.   It'll be interesting to see what their 7th/8th grade looks like this season.

1 hour ago, Badger718 said:

Never listen to what you hear on the streets. That can get you in trouble!!!

Sounds like sandbagging to me. Doesn't Tipton only lose a couple of lineman from last year? They have a solid qb with good WR. I know the suspension and injury bug got a lot of their underclassmen. Now they have to contend with the corona bug! There's a lot of confidence surrounding that Mike Tolle Rock that Mr. Badger here doesn't want to get out. 

On 7/28/2020 at 2:26 PM, Badger718 said:

Suspension???  That is news to me.

Tipton will be tough. A lot of returning starters with a strong senior class. 

Pretending like you don't chalk up the loss to LCC to suspensions and injuries..Duly Noted.

Also look no further than the 2A thread for my street info. Seems one Tipton fan thinks they are better than Eastbrook, even with Eastbrook getting a new starting QB from Western. 

We did not have a kid suspended all year.

I do not chalk up the LCC loss to injuries. A ton of respect for Coach Nay! 

Eastbrook will be tough again. Very well coached program with a steady pipeline of talent. The Engle kid will help them replace their good QB from last season. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dazed and confused said:

you're on to something Coach...WagonMaster masks !

Wouldn't work. Might be mistaken for the real thing by the South Newton guys and they'd eat your face off. 😀

I kid, I kid ... then again, just to be safe ...

• Like 4

The HC has a near perfect slate for game ones this year. Chec it out....

1) Jeff @ WL  No doubt is the Marquee game. Or should it b called a track meet after last yr.....

2) Western @  Kokomo  this could b a good one....

3) Pioneer @ Cass  Will the Kings hold their ground as the panthers look to avenge the waxing they recieved last time out....

4) Tri West @ LCC  Can the Knights hold serve at home this yr.... either way .. This is a great first game matchup for both teams ...as both r adept at exposing eachothers strenghts and weaknesses. Hope this series continues.

5) RC @ KV   The Bombers seem to have their number of late... but u never really know in this one.

6) MC @ HH   This is what the Dr ordered for HH... Go up against a very solid well coached team who will push em. Interested to see how HH dose in this one.

7) TL @ NW    Lakers should b favored but r on the road ... new coaches involved ... just a good 1st game matchup for both....

😎 Delphi @ BC   This use to b THE game when both were in the HC...  can BC close the gap on the Oracles this time out....

9) Tipton @ Madison Grant    I guess it counts ...as a non conf game.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

I like your QB's game in bball...impressive athlete.

• Like 1