Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Conference

20 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Spoiler alert:   Bombers are going to line up in double tight formation, single wing, shotgun.  same ole  same ole......  and throw the ball........   Good one Nowlins......  🤣

Valpo most certainly does not offer Athletic scholarships. They play in the Pioneer league which is an FCS non-scholarship. I am sure the monies offered to these two outstanding young men are based on their academic performance more so than their athletic prowess. Either way, If these two young men pick Valpo they will receive a quality education at a discounted price. 

22 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Dang... talk about bullentin board material..... U all just slapped Andrean .... and threw down the gaunlet before the season even started.... Hav u guys started running ur Lcc ... errrr ...i mean Andrean Air pkg at the end of every practice ... Already?   😄

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, LCCAlum said:

Valpo most certainly does not offer Athletic scholarships. They play in the Pioneer league which is an FCS non-scholarship. I am sure the monies offered to these two outstanding young men are based on their academic performance more so than their athletic prowess. Either way, If these two young men pick Valpo they will receive a quality education at a discounted price. 

I concur, it’s a great and often overlooked school.

16 hours ago, BendNotBreak said:

Dang... talk about bullentin board material..... U all just slapped Andrean .... and threw down the gaunlet before the season even started.... Hav u guys started running ur Lcc ... errrr ...i mean Andrean Air pkg at the end of every practice ... Already?   😄

They are using a heartbreaking 44-34 loss to Andrean in a Class 2A sectional final as a starting point for this season.

“We have a lot back, and they have a lot back,” Meeks said. “We are definitely eyeing a rematch.”

Above is the quote....   

Fact:  We have a lot back,  Andrean has a lot back, plus added QB from Marian Catholic and OT who was hurt they got from Illinois last year as well.  

Bombers program has always set its eyes on the prize and we know exactly who we must go through to get that prize again.  I think your attempt to back a fellow Catholic school and create drama as fell woefully short.  

I mean, you think Coach should of said, " Andrean is a tradition rich Private School in the center of NWI, who can pull kids in from all over NWI and across the border in Illinois and if we are fortunate enough to draw them in sectional 1st round or play them in weeks 11 or 12 we should just turn in our gear and call it a year? "  

I believe many times over we have proven that Catholic or Private does not matter to us,  4a does not matter to us, (playing Western, KV) and in a typical summer, travelling to scrimmage 6a teams does not matter to us.  We are going to show up with our hard hats on and get to work and let the chips fall where they fall.  

@BendNotBreak  You have seen a lot of football, played at LCC I believe in the 50s or 60s from your posts, I ask you this:  Look at this sectional and traditionally speaking, who would you think we should be eyeing a match-up with, considering our tradition since 1999 Meeks Era took over and the other schools in the sectional, traditionally speaking.   

SECTIONAL 33
  Sect Class Overall
Andrean 0-  0 0-  0 0-  0
Boone Grove 0-  0 0-  0 0-  0
Bowman Academy 0-  0 0-  0 0-  0
North Newton 0-  0 0-  0 0-  0
Rensselaer Central 0-  0 0-  0 0-  0
Wheeler 0-  0 0-  0 0-  0
Whiting 0-  0 0-  0 0-  0

Looks like West Lafayette and Harrison won't be scrimmaging tonight.  Thought I saw that LCC and Frankfort are off too for their scrimmage.

22 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Above is the quote....   

Fact:  We have a lot back,  Andrean has a lot back, plus added QB from Marian Catholic and OT who was hurt they got from Illinois last year as well.  

Bombers program has always set its eyes on the prize and we know exactly who we must go through to get that prize again.  I think your attempt to back a fellow Catholic school and create drama as fell woefully short.  

I mean, you think Coach should of said, " Andrean is a tradition rich Private School in the center of NWI, who can pull kids in from all over NWI and across the border in Illinois and if we are fortunate enough to draw them in sectional 1st round or play them in weeks 11 or 12 we should just turn in our gear and call it a year? "  

I believe many times over we have proven that Catholic or Private does not matter to us,  4a does not matter to us, (playing Western, KV) and in a typical summer, travelling to scrimmage 6a teams does not matter to us.  We are going to show up with our hard hats on and get to work and let the chips fall where they fall.  

@BendNotBreak  You have seen a lot of football, played at LCC I believe in the 50s or 60s from your posts, I ask you this:  Look at this sectional and traditionally speaking, who would you think we should be eyeing a match-up with, considering our tradition since 1999 Meeks Era took over and the other schools in the sectional, traditionally speaking.   

SECTIONAL 33
  Sect Class Overall

I don't think what meeks said is bulletin board material.. If i had to describe that comment.. Id say its a vanilla comment. 

Both teams bring a lot back and why wouldn't either team be eyeing a rematch. 

What coach would say.. I am eyeing the bowman match up.. When its clear youd beat them by 60. Lol. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Above is the quote....   

SECTIONAL 33
  Sect Class Overall

All tongue in cheek coach. 🤣   Insinuateing ....errr.... sandbagging....u gonna run... when obviously excited bout becoming 2 dimensional.  RC is like Roccky II... fight right handed 4 awhile... then switch it up .... it worked vrs Lcc... no reason it cant work again.....

Could care less bout backin another PP when it comes to sports... it dog eat dog.....  Jus suprised u all called em out ... publicly ... at the start of the season....whats that gain u?.... I kinda like the Bombers under Meeks... muc like Lcc... an outpost in the mid north... the Knights mayb play Mish Marion Ritter Concordia... once in awhile.... bigger publics pretty muc it. Buck up.. or get beat up.....

btw .....dont make me older than i am...  🙄   Im the baby..... pop was a Sr WL 42.... Malcomb Mackey Gordon Straley coached.... those guys were quite a bit late starting famlies ...by the time they got outta college.... Best a luck...  😁

• Thanks 1

https://www.wlfi.com/content/news/Central-Catholic-football-under-quarantine-cancels-first-two-games-572134571.html

LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Central Catholic football will miss its first two games this season, due to a quarantine.

Athletic Director Tim Bordenet confirmed to Sports 18 that the Knights would be missing their first two games of the season, and that the team is in quarantine. 

It is unclear why this quarantine was put in place. No information has been given about positive COVID-19 cases or testing within the football program. 

Central Catholic was scheduled to play Tri-West on 8/21 and Guerin Catholic on 8/28. Both of those games were listed as home games. 

This is a developing situation. Updates will be posted when more information has been collected. 

On 8/13/2020 at 6:21 PM, Badger718 said:

They do offer athletic scholarships bundled with "academic" money. 

So they offer academic scholarships.

Which they have to do to all students. The Pioneer league is a non athletic scholarship conference. But they have roster limits similar to other FCS schools. So being offered a roster spot is a big deal.

• Like 1

Why do the River Rats snub the Hoosier?  https://www.jconline.com/story/sports/2020/08/19/seniors-look-add-own-part-west-lafayette-football-tradition/3398707001/

Last season was another solid year for West Side.

Seven straight wins after scoring 66 points in a loss to open the season. Week nine, the Red Devils stubbed their toe in the Hoosier Conference championship game against Cass before rebounding to win two sectional games.

In the sectional championship, West Lafayette ran into a buzzsaw in Chatard, unquestionably the best team in Indiana's Class 3A tournament last season. The Trojans' 28-point victory in the sectional championship was their narrowest margin of victory in six postseason games. 

Final WL record: 9-3. A handful of program records came with it.

Still, it doesn't sit well with the returning cast of players, some who were contributors to the 2018 state championship team.

"It's a culture," senior quarterback Colin Martin said. "We're going to prepare the same way we always have through camp. The sectional being in the back of our heads is just extra motivation.

"This whole season has been a huge question mark. You see people all over getting canceled and not getting that chance. We're definitely going to take full advantage of it."

The Hoosier Conference title loss meant little.

A league title never makes it to the list of WL's season goals and is seen as only a minor achievement. 

"We never have a goal to win a conference championship and we never have a goal to finish whatever in the regular season," coach Shane Fry said. "Our goal is to peak in the sectional, whatever record that may be. The sectional is our focus and we have a really tough sectional. We went all the way through it and ran into one of the better teams I've seen since I've been here."

The rock doesn't even include a spot for conference titles.

7 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Would you rather have a sectional, regional, semi-state, or state championship or a Hoosier conference championship? like one of the kids said, it's a culture to expect to peak and win in the post season.  How many 9-1, 10-1, or 11-1 teams would trade that conference championship to hoist a trophy up and play in November?   With the addition of LCC to the Hoosier conference I know WL has lost to them and gone on to win Sectional, regional and Semi-state championships.  Many times those losses expose weaknesses that get shored up in time to make those playoff runs.

• Like 1