Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Scrimmages

My interpretation of that is 2 fold.

in phase 2:

Contact is allowed as defined by Indiana High School Athletic Association (IHSAA). 

So you follow IHSAA contact guidelines in phase 2, which would allow the scrimmage.

and

● No formal competition is allowed with the exception of girls golf.

scrimmage isnt formal competition.

just my thoughts...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Scrimmages I believe are IHSAA contracted contests are they not??   

I can tell you from the officials’ standpoint they are. We get the “script,” and are advised that it must be followed without deviation. The officials are contracted by the host school, just like a regular season game.

6 minutes ago, Sports Fan said:

Can you move the scrimmage to Saturday and still abide by the rules as now understood?

I believe if u move it to Saturday u can have fans at the game. If u play Friday night u can't.

Edited by Cowboy08

11 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Scrimmages I believe are IHSAA contracted contests are they not??   

They do not count as part of any suspension as far as having to miss games; but they also cannot count toward the 10 practice rule. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Irishman said:

They do not count as part of any suspension as far as having to miss games; but they also cannot count toward the 10 practice rule. 

They do at our school, because its an IHSAA contracted event, if any of our student athletes are serving any sort of academic or otherwise suspension the scrimmage is Game 1 of suspension.     

Athletic code violation of 25% at RCHS, kid sits until 2nd half of week 2 game, has been that way for years.  

Academic suspensions is 10 school days, so just depends on when we start school, but typically means they miss Scrimmage as well  

about 2 years ago I was at IFCA board meeting and we spent a quite a bit of time talking Scrimmage vs Jamboree and it was well stated in that meeting by executive board that the Scrimmage is indeed a iHSAA contracted event so teams should be making sure they are wearing jersey's with visible numbers etc etc etc  

7 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

They do at our school, because its an IHSAA contracted event, if any of our student athletes are serving any sort of academic or otherwise suspension the scrimmage is Game 1 of suspension.     

Athletic code violation of 25% at RCHS, kid sits until 2nd half of week 2 game, has been that way for years.  

Academic suspensions is 10 school days, so just depends on when we start school, but typically means they miss Scrimmage as well  

about 2 years ago I was at IFCA board meeting and we spent a quite a bit of time talking Scrimmage vs Jamboree and it was well stated in that meeting by executive board that the Scrimmage is indeed a iHSAA contracted event so teams should be making sure they are wearing jersey's with visible numbers etc etc etc  

Sorry, I should have clarified, if the IHSAA has limited eligibility, the scrimmage does not count toward that. We don't count it in EACS. 

Edit: So, my curiosity got to me. @sls knows me well enough in that regard lol (He also is FULLY aware of this line in the rule book from a season several years ago now lol)....This is from the by laws on page 11:

54-6 A School may schedule one football Controlled Scrimmage with another IHSAA member School. A football Controlled Scrimmage between IHSAA member Schools shall be permitted on Friday or Saturday, Week 6. A football Controlled Scrimmage does not count as a Practice or as an interschool Contest. A football Controlled Scrimmage may not be scouted by anyone not affiliated with a team participating in the football Controlled Scrimmage

• Like 1

Contact is allowed as defined by Indiana High School Athletic Association (IHSAA).  No formal competition is allowed with the exception of girls golf.   

I think I would like to see the question answered by the IHSAA.  I always thought that "formal competition" meant you were keeping score and had a clearly defined winner and loser.

IHSAA

PHASE II  -  Summer

July 20 - August 2  Summer

Leading up to the start of the Fall Season, continue with 2 activity days each week.  Each activity day is limited to one three-hour block of time.  Per Rule 15-3.3d, Protective equipment is limited to helmets, shoes, mouth piece, girdle, and shoulder pads.  No live contact permitted.  No interschool competition.  Intra-squad competitions are permitted.

8 hours ago, Irishman said:

Sorry, I should have clarified, if the IHSAA has limited eligibility, the scrimmage does not count toward that. We don't count it in EACS. 

Edit: So, my curiosity got to me. @sls knows me well enough in that regard lol (He also is FULLY aware of this line in the rule book from a season several years ago now lol)....This is from the by laws on page 11:

54-6 A School may schedule one football Controlled Scrimmage with another IHSAA member School. A football Controlled Scrimmage between IHSAA member Schools shall be permitted on Friday or Saturday, Week 6. A football Controlled Scrimmage does not count as a Practice or as an interschool Contest. A football Controlled Scrimmage may not be scouted by anyone not affiliated with a team participating in the football Controlled Scrimmage

Sorry you know Snod. 😂 😉 

2 hours ago, Yuccaguy said:

Moving to Saturday all over the place!  

Mine as well as well everyone that I know has had theirs moved...

You crunked Yucca?