Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

No Football in Marion County til October.

Just now, Temptation said:

Every school needs janitors (especially in this era)...and statisticians.

One of each on here...telling people real life stories.

I've been a janitor. When I was in High School. Long before you were born. Certainly nothing wrong with that occupation. I've had a USDL Journeyman's card since before you were born also. 

2 minutes ago, BTF said:

And you have the audacity to call me out? 

Yep.

1 minute ago, gonzoron said:

I've been a janitor. When I was in High School. Long before you were born. Certainly nothing wrong with that occupation. I've had a USDL Journeyman's card since before you were born also. 

Yep.

I love your one word answers that have no substance.

6 minutes ago, BTF said:

I love your one word answers that have no substance.

Not enough time to type more.  Only gets a 15 minute break.  Schools need those hand sanitizing machines installed before students show up next week.

21 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Every school needs janitors (especially in this era)...and statisticians.

One of each on here...telling people real life stories.

Jobs are jobs... Whatever pays the bills. 

32 minutes ago, LaSalle Lions 1976 said:

Are you saying that there is no politics in high school football?   Jeeze

No, i think he's saying we should be talking about politics in the Out of bounds part. 

23 minutes ago, BTF said:

Page 2.......10th post....If we as a nation, could have taken this more serious. We wouldnt be in this spot. We as adults in this nation failed our kids. ....TheStatGuy..........."

And you have the audacity to call me out? 

He is the only guy here who cares about kids.  Dude might want to look into some of our backgrounds.

50 minutes ago, Temptation said:

LOL, yeah.  THAT’S the reason you did it...😉

It is, it was fun and exciting..really enjoyed seeing them grow as freshman to seniors. 

1 minute ago, Titan32 said:

He is the only guy here who cares about kids.  Dude might want to look into some of our backgrounds.

Never said I was the only one.. Great assumption there buddy. 

Just now, Titan32 said:

He cares so much that he does stats for FREE.

Doesn't coach, does stats.

What a guy.

2 minutes ago, Temptation said:

What a guy.

Ahh yes

Keeping 

Points, rebounds, steals, fouls, made and missed shots,where those said shots were,  assists and so on for both Winamac and their opponent. 

But go ahead and judge me, you already basically got ran off from John Harrells...gonna start trying to do so here?

Edited by TheStatGuy

6 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

Ahh yes

Keeping 

Points, rebounds, steals, fouls, made and missed shots,where those said shots were,  assists and so on for both Winamac and their opponent. 

But go ahead and judge me, you already basically got ran off from John Harrells...gonna start trying to do so there?

Ran off?  It’s football season.  Not much to talk about over there.

The grounds crew at baseball games must also REALLY care about the kids.

Concession workers?  There for the kids.

I taught my third grade daughter how to keep the book for 8U softball this summer...in 5 minutes...

Edited by Guest

56 minutes ago, BTF said:

No one said anything about you not caring about kids. Your're just brain dead when it comes to politics.

Funny, theres about 65 million people that probably think of you that way. 

And I can play his game

It’s what is best for the overall health of these kids,  now and in the long term

i took that as him saying I don't care. 

1 minute ago, Temptation said:

Ran off?  It’s football season.

The grounds crew at baseball games must also REALLY care about the kids.

Concession workers?  There for the kids.

I taught my third grade daughter how to keep the book for 8U softball this summer...in 5 minutes...

I don't keep book there buddy. 

1 minute ago, TheStatGuy said:

Funny, theres about 65 million people that probably think of you that way. 

And I can play his game

It’s what is best for the overall health of these kids,  now and in the long term

i took that as him saying I don't care. 

In your utopia of Pulaski County, perhaps that’s true.  Families living in poverty are struggling in the real world.  Take a field trip to my hood.  I’ll give you a free tour and even buy you lunch.

2 minutes ago, Temptation said:

What a guy.

As a coach, I appreciate EVERYTHING that volunteers do.  The guys who man the sticks, the announcers, the guy who runs the scoreboard, the person that films the game, the parents that work concessions and sell tickets, the students who volunteer to pick up the trash in the stadium after the game, the folks who clean up in the restrooms before/during/after the game, the guys who line and maintain the field, and the stat guys too.  Anyone who's helping out is just as valuable in the scheme of things.  As a matter of fact, I bet there are some coaches/ADs at some of the smaller schools who probably have first-hand appreciation since if folks aren't stepping up, it often falls to the coach/AD to do it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Temptation said:

In your utopia of Pulaski County, perhaps that’s true.  Families living in poverty are struggling in the real world.  Take a field trip to my hood.  I’ll give you a free tour and even buy you lunch.

You've obviously never been to Pulaski County.. There are quite a few people struggling around these parts. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, foxbat said:

As a coach, I appreciate EVERYTHING that volunteers do.  The guys who man the sticks, the announcers, the guy who runs the scoreboard, the person that films the game, the parents that work concessions and sell tickets, the students who volunteer to pick up the trash in the stadium after the game, the folks who clean up in the restrooms before/during/after the game, the guys who line and maintain the field, and the stat guys too.  Anyone who's helping out is just as valuable in the scheme of things.  As a matter of fact, I bet there are some coaches/ADs at some of the smaller schools who probably have first-hand appreciation since if folks aren't stepping up, it often falls to the coach/AD to do it.

Me too, but it has little do do with “caring for the kids.”  Particularly on a forum littered with coaches that probably dedicate 60 hours per week (including teaching) to athletes.  Such an out of place statement.

Just now, TheStatGuy said:

You've obviously never been to Pulaski County.. There are quite a few people struggling around these parts. 

Struggling in Pulaski County = upper class in my district.

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, Temptation said:

Yeah, basically you do.

I either do or I don't.. There is no basically and I don't do book. Jeff Griffith did it from 2015-2016 to 2018-2019 and Chad Compton did it in 2019-2020... So yeah. 

10 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

Ahh yes

Keeping 

But go ahead and judge me, you already basically got ran off from John Harrells...gonna start trying to do so here?

I didn't want to say anything but since you brought it up.   You shorted my kid two offensive rebounds in game last season.    I'm kidding.    It is a good thing what you do. Also like reading your mom is doing better.     I disagree with you on covid/kids though.   Feel like the ones with children should be deciding what's best for them.   Not people who don't have kids.    

3 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Me too, but it has little do do with “caring for the kids.”  Particularly on a forum littered with coaches that probably dedicate 60 hours per week (including teaching) to athletes.  Such an out of place statement.

Struggling in Pulaski County = upper class in my district.

Its not an out of place statement. He said I didn't care about what's best for kids and I simply shared about what I did to show him that I do. 

I gave kids rides home, sometimes money to eat dinner... I can keep going on. 

Just now, Mayo77 said:

I didn't want to say anything but since you brought it up.   You shorted my kid two offensive rebounds in game last season.    I'm kidding.    It is a good thing what you do. Also like reading your mom is doing better.     I disagree with you on covid/kids though.   Feel like the ones with children should be deciding what's best for them.   Not people who don't have kids.    

I may have, its tough to get all that stuff esp how quick paced it gets. 

JV is usually easier. 

Who cares if I have kids or not. It doesn't mean I don't have their best interest.. There is nothing wrong with playing a condensed season in spring. 

If we play in August. Our season will be cut short and shut down.. Is that what you want?

1 hour ago, OldschoolFB said:

Tough guy.  You don’t have to type it nor do you have to say it.  You see I can read and interpret what their meaning is based on how often they react a certain way(much like you do here).  
I can also tell that I am correct based on the fact that you actually looked to see how many “likes” I had for this post and it annoyed you enough to mention it.  That means it hit a nerve because it is true.  You became angry as a result and like a two year old had to attack me.  
I want foot ball in the fall.  As do many others on here.  It’s what is best for the overall health of these kids,  now and in the long term.  Anyone who won’t look at the long term consequences of stopping school and athletics is going to have had an agenda.  What hours is?  I don’t know.   However, I do know it’s not for the good of the kids and football. 

I’m not attacking anyone, just making that abundantly clear.  I think it’s more than safe to say we all want football in the fall from refs to broadcasters to former players to family and  friends (as well as students) of the players, etc.  But here’s the deal: there is a global health crisis that isn’t slowing down as no curve has been flattened.

12 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Last weekend about 90 shots were fired at citizens of South Bend.  I can take you for a tour Saturday night if you wish.

11 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

I either do or I don't.. There is no basically and I don't do book. Jeff Griffith did it from 2015-2016 to 2018-2019 and Chad Compton did it in 2019-2020... So yeah. 

Technology mogul.  

BTW: The free/reduced rate in Pulaski County is well under 50 percent so spare me the "struggling" demographics.  Take a trip down here for a tour.

Edited by Guest