NP vsTC  TC wins but the defense finally gives up some points

GS vs Boon.  GS by 28 at least

PA vs P'ton  P'ton because I have nothing about their opponent

MV vs OC  MV because they will have the "1st game" jitters out of the way

SS vs HH  HH finally!!  Maybe getting closer to actually having a full roster

ND vs Wash.  ND by three scores

SR vs PC  SR by as many as they want to put on the board

12 minutes ago, GS Titan 78 said:

I'm appreciating the confidence in GS from some but I'm not that confident.  Our offense and defense has improved weekly but they have not impressed me either with a wow factor like years past.  Maybe I'm being to critical and my expectations were/are unrealistic.  I want nothing more than for us to come out and bust them in the mouth quick fast and in a hurry.  I will be on here and say I was wrong if we score 42 points against them and win big or by two scores.  I love the Titans and the program.      

I think for most of us GS fans it’s just that we have been down this road so many times year after year. We Temper expectations and just know that come playoff time the team will be a very strong one. 

especially this year where Covid and a large graduation have left things uncertain in the early goings. That and Boonville is a good team.  Can’t expect GS to beat them like we just beat Washington.

i agree though. I do like the enthusiasm from others about this GS team 

21 minutes ago, 2017statechamps said:

Allen hasn't had a great start to the season after committing to Purdue.  I'm expecting a better night from him Friday vs Boonville.

I mean lower yardage sure but not anything bad 

20/37 for 211 yards, 1 TD 0 INTs  vs Columbus North

20/37 for 171 yards, 1 TD 2 INTs vs Whiteland

11/16 for 88 yards, 4 touchdowns 0 INTs vs Washington 

Totals so far

51/90 for 470 yards 6 touchdowns 2 INTs.

i think the Washington game really deflates things with only 88 yards...but hey when it’s 49-0 at the half and you have a pick 6 With a good run game i can’t really say they should have thrown it more.  That would just be padding stats lol 

Edited by DumfriesYMCA

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Totals so far

i think the Washington game really deflates things with only 88 yards...but hey when it’s 49-0 at the half and you have a pick 6 With a good run game i can’t really say they should have thrown it more.  That would just be padding stats lol 

I would assume that some, maybe most, in the area saw that he signed with Purdue and thought he would come out and blow the stat sheets up this year.  Obviously his stats are not bad by any means, just maybe not what some assumed.  The kids can play and that is all that matters!!!!!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Patriot 74 said:

I would assume that some, maybe most, in the area saw that he signed with Purdue and thought he would come out and blow the stat sheets up this year.  Obviously his stats are not bad by any means, just maybe not what some assumed.  The kids can play and that is all that matters!!!!!

I agree. 

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Totals so far

I almost added, that i wasn't saying he had a bad start, 155 ypg isn't awful by any stretch.  I just know that I have saw some big numbers from him in games/years past, and honestly i'm expecting that happens Friday.

46 minutes ago, 2017statechamps said:

I almost added, that i wasn't saying he had a bad start, 155 ypg isn't awful by any stretch.  I just know that I have saw some big numbers from him in games/years past, and honestly i'm expecting that happens Friday.

Washington gave us ridiculously short fields on turn overs and special teams...that didn't help.

56 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

No.

Good luck if they're out due COVID.  I get the precautions taken but very frustrating to have players (in our case all Seniors) in quarantine for 14 days completely healthy (and never showed and symtoms) not able to participate in anything.  It forced others to step up but hate it for the seniors.  

2 minutes ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

Good luck if they're out due COVID.  I get the precautions taken but very frustrating to have players (in our case all Seniors) in quarantine for 14 days completely healthy (and never showed and symtoms) not able to participate in anything.  It forced others to step up but hate it for the seniors.  

My guess is that 99.9% of kids contact traced out due to class room contact with masks on for 50 minutes will NOT get COVID-19.  Why they can't get a test after 5 days to get back into school is just nuts.

Edited by Titan32

1 minute ago, Titan32 said:

My guess is that 99.9% of kids contact traced out due to class room contact with masks on for 50 minutes will NOT get COVID-19.  Why they can't get a test after 5 days to get back into school is just nuts.

STUPIDEST.DECISION.EVER. 

"I feel completely FINE. Have had NO SYMPTOMS, have tested NEGATIVE (twice) - yet you're telling me I still need to sit out 3 weeks my senior season??? Coach I feel FINE. " (tears in his eyes)

Yes, that's a conversation I've had to have this season...more than once. 

STUPID. 

4 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Agreed.  They could test negative every day and still have to quarantine and not participate for 14 days.

7 minutes ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

How many starters/players has HH had out?  Have they missed the entire season or just the last 2 weeks?  Hate to see kids not be able to play if they are healthy.

I personally had breakfast with a friend a month ago not knowing to him or I his brother was to get a positive result the next day.  My friend and his wife tested positive  a few days later and only had fever for two hours.  He missed two weeks of work and I get nothing.  Its weird and as far as I'm concerned no fever no symptoms move forward with you life.     

50 minutes ago, CheapSeats said:

How many starters/players has HH had out?  Have they missed the entire season or just the last 2 weeks?  Hate to see kids not be able to play if they are healthy.

Our boys played the scrimmage and week 1 vs Mt Vernon, then were pulled out of school and put into quarantine around noon the Friday we played Tell City after the school was notified of a positive test.  They were forced to miss the Tell City and Boonville games.  Timing of "exposure" is everything as their last exposure was noon the Monday before Tell City during lunch so the clock started ticking then and ran through Labor Day - 14 days.  Lucklily, they missed less than 11 days of practice so they are able to practice and play this week vs South Spencer.  The North Spencer School Corporation does not allow virtual learning if you want to participate in extracurricular activities.  If they did, most likely there would not have been exposure and missed games if the kid took the virtual option.    There were 4 Senior starters (3 two way starters) quarantined and to my knowledge none of them ever showed any symptoms.  Unofficial word is 13 kids were quarantined due to this 1 case after contact tracing was complete. 

Edited by HereComesTheBoom

45 minutes ago, CheapSeats said:

HH has not had it's full roster all season.  There hasn't been a game this season where they have had their entire roster.  Tis the "Covid 2020" football season.  With that said, no excuses.  This is the team they have.  Get better each week regardless of outcome.  Remember that every team in the state is 0-0 in week ten!!

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Football Fanatic said:

I would be genuinely surprised if Gibson Southern doesn't win by at least 3 scores. Just saying.

Im hoping Boonville brings that smashmouth grind it out offense they displayed the 2nd half of the HH game. Mockobee is a totally different runner when he has a lead blocker. 

20 minutes ago, Mockstangboyz said:

Im hoping Boonville brings that smashmouth grind it out offense they displayed the 2nd half of the HH game. Mockobee is a totally different runner when he has a lead blocker. 

Only difference between the 2nd half of the HH game, and the one against Gibson Southern.....Gibson will bring seniors and juniors for Mockobee to try and smash mouth, grind it out over!!!  Probably ain't gonna be as easy.