Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PAC Week 4

12 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Maybe you can find some advice for Wilkerson on how to beat them.

Ha!  So you are going there huh?  :classic_unsure:  Coach Wilk and staff are doing just fine with what they've been dealt this season so far.  Apparently, many are quick to forget who ran through the South in 3A last year?  I don't think he needs any advice on how to win football games, BRO!  Come on man!

Edited by HereComesTheBoom

29 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

We are 4 games in bro.

Head and shoulders the MVP of the PAC this year and all of SW Indiana.  Doesn’t matter how many games we are in.  No one is close to that level.  If he was at GS you would be his biggest cheerleader.  How did Big Ten teams let the kid out of the territory?

3 minutes ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

Ha!  So you are going there huh?  :classic_unsure:  Coach Wilk and staff are doing just fine with what they've been dealt this season so far.  Apparently, many are quick to forget who ran through the South in 3A last year?  I don't think he needs any advice on how to win football games, BRO!  Come on man!

Sorry don’t understand how some talk trash about a team or coach that embarrassed them less than 12 months ago with the mercy rule.  SR has won state lately and HH has been there.  Some of us remember, trust me!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GS Titan 77 said:

Head and shoulders the MVP of the PAC this year and all of SW Indiana.  Doesn’t matter how many games we are in.  No one is close to that level.  If he was at GS you would be his biggest cheerleader.  How did Big Ten teams let the kid out of the territory?

So here's the story on Mockobees recruiting. He went to several rivals camps as a "DB" between his sophomore to junior year because that's the position he felt he could go d1 gained some interest Cincinnati, toledo,wmu... Well he had a stellar junior season and started to gain interest from schools as a RB. So he took basketball season off to gain weight and get his body to a TRUE 195LBs and was set to make trips as a RB to these camps to showcase his skills this past summer but unfortunately covid19 shut those plans down. I was hoping a Big 10 team would get him on board but unfortunately it didn't happen. I believe because of exposure.  Mockobee has a 122" broadjump, 34" vertical, 6.98 3 cone, 4.0 pro shuttle. Hes got the measurements for sure to play Big10 forsure. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, GS Titan 77 said:

Sorry don’t understand how some talk trash about a team or coach that embarrassed them less than 12 months ago with the mercy rule.  SR has won state lately and HH has been there.  Some of us remember, trust me!

It’s ok, you don’t need to understand (and I wouldn’t expect you to as a three post member).  Herecomestheboom and I have perfected our relationship over the years and much like a fine wine it just gets better and better.  He knows I respect their program...but he expects me to give him crap on here and I expect no less from.  

8 hours ago, Mockstangboyz said:

So here's the story on Mockobees recruiting. He went to several rivals camps as a "DB" between his sophomore to junior year because that's the position he felt he could go d1 gained some interest Cincinnati, toledo,wmu... Well he had a stellar junior season and started to gain interest from schools as a RB. So he took basketball season off to gain weight and get his body to a TRUE 195LBs and was set to make trips as a RB to these camps to showcase his skills this past summer but unfortunately covid19 shut those plans down. I was hoping a Big 10 team would get him on board but unfortunately it didn't happen. I believe because of exposure.  Mockobee has a 122" broadjump, 34" vertical, 6.98 3 cone, 4.0 pro shuttle. Hes got the measurements for sure to play Big10 forsure. 

He's impressive that's for sure.  I'm not saying anything will change in his commitment but, in the football "commitment" world kids flip all the time and if he keeps this up I would think the big boys won't shy away from getting involved if they feel the need.  I am not a fan of the flip scenario but it happens all the time.  Either way, it's fun to watch a kid put together the talent and "want to" at the high school level.  

2 hours ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

He's impressive that's for sure.  I'm not saying anything will change in his commitment but, in the football "commitment" world kids flip all the time and if he keeps this up I would think the big boys won't shy away from getting involved if they feel the need.  I am not a fan of the flip scenario but it happens all the time.  Either way, it's fun to watch a kid put together the talent and "want to" at the high school level.  

Agreed I’m not a fan of flipping either...but sometimes there is a talented kid who slips through the cracks and they make their commitment a little early before others take notice. 

For Mockobee I suppose it all depends on what his personal goals are. Navy is a very prestigious place to attend...No doubt about that...and he is a great fit for their style too. If the opportunities present themselves he should consider them. Nothing wrong with that.  It’s not like he is committed to Clemson and looking to switch to another top 5 team lol. That’s where most of us give a big thumbs down to haha 

Mockabee is likely the best athelete in Southern Indiana, and now the leading rusher in the NATION...at least for now.  BUT, I can't help but to think that the real story from last night is the fact that he did that but Brady and company still found a way to win.  That is impressive.

I wish they were both going to Purdue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Football Fanatic said:

Boy was I wrong about this game. I figured Mock would have a solid game rushing but definitely did not expect this type of close shootout. Mock is looking like a power 5 running back. 

Mockobee put on 15LBs of Muscle during the off season and added almost 2"s to his vertical. He told me before the start of the season after the first day of contact that this year was going to be interesting because he felt that his off season changes were going to really show.  Mockobee has AVGd 10ypc Sophomore and Junior seasons.

• Like 1

When in doubt, at all levels, personal awards like Mr Football, The Heisman, NFL MVP tend to go to the player whose team has the most success. Let's see what type of numbers Allen puts up in the remaining five games including the rematch against Boonville. There's also an argument for Mockobee to be considered because he also contributes on defense and special teams. As far as the PAC is concerned it's a two-horse race for MVP, I'm not sure it's much different for the C&P all-area team, nor the coaches' awards, or the press's. Still I think overall team success will be the tie breaker if there needs to be one...just the way it is.

2 hours ago, Mockstangboyz said:

Mockobee put on 15LBs of Muscle during the off season and added almost 2"s to his vertical. He told me before the start of the season after the first day of contact that this year was going to be interesting because he felt that his off season changes were going to really show.  Mockobee has AVGd 10ypc Sophomore and Junior seasons.

He looks a lot stronger this year...good for him, sorry we missed him this year.

1 hour ago, hhpatriot04 said:

When in doubt, at all levels, personal awards like Mr Football, The Heisman, NFL MVP tend to go to the player whose team has the most success. Let's see what type of numbers Allen puts up in the remaining five games including the rematch against Boonville. There's also an argument for Mockobee to be considered because he also contributes on defense and special teams. As far as the PAC is concerned it's a two-horse race for MVP, I'm not sure it's much different for the C&P all-area team, nor the coaches' awards, or the press's. Still I think overall team success will be the tie breaker if there needs to be one...just the way it is.

Not a factor in the PAC (not saying it should or shouldn't be)..but it isn't.  Hopefully things will be better with the new blood in the conference, but since 2012 at least our All Conference process is about as non scientific as it can possibly be.   I have many specific examples 2018 is just one.  Not to mention things like having two "Ends" and three "Running Backs" as All PAC positions.  Hopefully some of the old bad habits and processes will be ended in the new alignment.

Edited by Titan32

39 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Not a factor in the PAC (not saying it should or shouldn't be)..but it isn't.  Hopefully things will be better with the new blood in the conference, but since 2012 at least our All Conference process is about as non scientific as it can possibly be.   I have many specific examples 2018 is just one.  Not to mention things like having two "Ends" and three "Running Backs" as All PAC positions.  Hopefully some of the old bad habits and processes will be ended in the new alignment.

Yes!  For the love of god they need to move it to 3 WRs.  

17 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Yes!  For the love of god they need to move it to 3 WRs.  

Or just call the third RB/WR a "flex" position or something similar ... same with DEs, LBs. Some odd front teams have three down linemen with a what are essentially OLBs walked up playing as a DE (a 50 defense is essentially the same as a 3-4, when you talk about responsibilities... just alignment changes based on formation). Then you have your traditional 4-3 and 4-4 (not sure if anyone still runs this as base). But definitely the 3-3-5 and 4-2-5 defenses have trickled down to HS.

Additionally, let's assume Brady Allen is PAC 1st Team QB (as expected), but another QB deserves recognition. He'll get all-conference awards (1st Team) on defense at a position he may have only played a few snaps. Not sure what the solution is there.

21 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Or just call the third RB/WR a "flex" position or something similar ... same with DEs, LBs. Some odd front teams have three down linemen with a what are essentially OLBs walked up playing as a DE (a 50 defense is essentially the same as a 3-4, when you talk about responsibilities... just alignment changes based on formation). Then you have your traditional 4-3 and 4-4 (not sure if anyone still runs this as base). But definitely the 3-3-5 and 4-2-5 defenses have trickled down to HS.

Additionally, let's assume Brady Allen is PAC 1st Team QB (as expected), but another QB deserves recognition. He'll get all-conference awards (1st Team) on defense at a position he may have only played a few snaps. Not sure what the solution is there.

Could they not have an Offensive At Large spot and a Defensive At Large spot? For the kids that don't fit the open spots but are deserving.

1 hour ago, hhpatriot04 said:

A similar type solution as you propose for QB is what should have happened in 2018 but didn't.  And in the PAC you might see an "End" with 300 yards receiving get all conference in football as long as they are really good in another sport (suppose it's some sort of name recognition thing).  Looks like most conferences have 2 RBs and 3 WRs (SIAC for example).  I just think our list is very old and needs some tweaks, particularly in the new alignment.  At Large in both O and D is always useful to solve issues.  Sometimes folks misconstrue old rules and bad culture as "tradition".  Do what is right, fix what is wrong....it's what leaders do.

On 9/11/2020 at 11:49 PM, Titan32 said:

Maybe you can find some advice for Wilkerson on how to beat them.

I am curious about this statement.  You bring up a coach, who took a team into Booneville, about half strength.  A team of basically sophomores and juniors due to lovely quarantine and played the Pioneers pretty tough.  The difference in the game was HH couldn't (didn't) score when they got into the red zone on four occasions, and didn't tackle Mockobee real well. 

So I guess the game plan was a good one.  So I guess that means yeah, if I was going to ask a coach for advice, Coach Wilk would be a good start.