Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Cancel Tournament Now - End Season and Count Your Blessings

Guest DT

12 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

I thought you gave all the credit for Center Grooves to the coach. 

Center Grove has achieved its status because it scores very, very high on all the key marks that make a high school football program great :

* Rabid community support

* Outstanding feeder program

* Great facilities from Bantam all the way up to Jr high and then to varsity

* Total admin buyin

* Deep, experienced coaching staff

* Tremendous athletic talent

* Alumni support and involvement

Its the perfect storm.  CG has the kind of public school  support you generally find at a smaller school.  Like a Sheridan during the 80s and 90s.  Hobart during the 80s and 90s.  Pioneer on their current run.  

If you ever get to experience a CG home game, take the opportunity and make it happen

Edited by DT

3 hours ago, Football Fanatic said:

Bad news for some: The state football tournament will not be cancelled. And let's just say, I trust my sources. Unless football players start dropping like flies all of a sudden (which will not happen). From what I know, majority of schools and counties have handled outbreaks fairly well. If teams have to forfeit, so be it, the healthy teams move on and props to them. While serious and unfortunate, the big bad virus that results in an extremely high survival chance does not mean we have to give up, give in and cancel life.

Let's wait and see what happens.  My allegiance is the with South Bend teams and Gary West.  Could fans be rooting for attrition.

It is nice to have the means to get tested so quickly...will never happen in other places.

Just now, HereComesTheBoom said:

Aat's right!  A film guy's nightmare forecast to keep the lens dry - wind and rainy!  At least there is a cover to somewhat protect us.  

It's looking more and more like the rain will be over...but I do have a small pop up tent just in case!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, PhilLee said:

Because its literally zero risk to the players?  Because there's been zero proof of ANYONE catching the sniffles from playing football in 2020?  Maybe that's why. 

There is risk in everything, don’t be naïve.

4 hours ago, LaSalle Lions 1976 said:

Let's wait and see what happens.  My allegiance is the with South Bend teams and Gary West.  Could fans be rooting for attrition.

It is nice to have the means to get tested so quickly...will never happen in other places.

Gary West has their work cut out for them.  Sectional 17 is stacked.

12 hours ago, itiswhatitis said:

Life is all about making choices.   We make bad ones, we make good ones, we make questionable ones throughout out lifetimes.   The thing is, can YOU live with the choices you make?  It seems to me that people who have regrets are the ones that usually follow a bad or questionable choice.  We aren't perfect beings.  We won't make the right choice every time.   But how much research, how much education have you given yourself concerning the matter?  Are you just basing the decision on "just because"?   Or are you just going with the masses?  Education.  It goes a long way.  It never stops even after graduation.

Well said.  You win.