• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Wisconsin Football halted

cw13

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

saving them the embarrment....   

Such a Wisconsin move....   

David Bell scares most as well.  who can blame em 

C’mon man! I highly doubt Wisconsin would cancel because they’re afraid of Purdue. Now they have no margin for error. There’s no more time for rescheduling, and if they miss another one — even if it’s the opponent who cancels — that would mean Wisconsin could not meet the B1G requirement of 6 conference games in order to be eligible to play in the championship game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bobref said:

C’mon man! I highly doubt Wisconsin would cancel because they’re afraid of Purdue. Now they have no margin for error. There’s no more time for rescheduling, and if they miss another one — even if it’s the opponent who cancels — that would mean Wisconsin could not meet the B1G requirement of 6 conference games in order to be eligible to play in the championship game.

Clearly TIC my friend.... 

BUT STILL....   FIGURE IT OUT....   

18 hours ago, Bobref said:

Is that likely to still hold true with the potential COVID impact?  For example, Wisconsin pulling out also dings anyone else who was depending on Wisconsin as a potential win.  There was, at best, an 8-game season on the books.  All it takes is a couple of teams to not even end the season, but just go on 14-day quarantine, and the ripple effect could put that 6-game requirement at risk for a team through no fault of their own.  

1 hour ago, foxbat said:

Is that likely to still hold true with the potential COVID impact?  For example, Wisconsin pulling out also dings anyone else who was depending on Wisconsin as a potential win.  There was, at best, an 8-game season on the books.  All it takes is a couple of teams to not even end the season, but just go on 14-day quarantine, and the ripple effect could put that 6-game requirement at risk for a team through no fault of their own.  

That rule was put in place as part of their resumption of competition plan, so I have to assume they were aware of the possibility. I believe they felt anything less would “water down” the conference championship game, and potentially damage the chances for a B1G representative in the playoff.

On 11/4/2020 at 2:11 PM, Bobref said:

That rule was put in place as part of their resumption of competition plan, so I have to assume they were aware of the possibility. I believe they felt anything less would “water down” the conference championship game, and potentially damage the chances for a B1G representative in the playoff.

Looks like Maryland has paused their season now and the OSU game will be cancelled and not rescheduled.  MState would be next on that cancellation list of they go on quarantine.