Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

CG vs CE

Last year and this year have been East’s weaker teams in the last 10 years. They will have nothing to offer CG this year (most teams won’t anyways). CE is without Mark McDonald which prior to week 8 had around 1500 yards rushing and 25+ TD’s. Averaging 7.5 yards a carry. It didn’t matter this year who East had CG is just that much better. I hope for an injury free game and for everyone involved to have safe travels. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

Last year and this year have been East’s weaker teams in the last 10 years. They will have nothing to offer CG this year (most teams won’t anyways). CE is without Mark McDonald which prior to week 8 had around 1500 yards rushing and 25+ TD’s. Averaging 7.5 yards a carry. It didn’t matter this year who East had CG is just that much better. I hope for an injury free game and for everyone involved to have safe travels. 

Ditto 

I’m not going to sit here and say East is going to win. It’s not impossible but it’s definitely improbable. At the very least I want to see them fight their hardest for 48 minutes. Maybe earn some respect for hanging with the best team in the state for a short time or for playing hard until the final whistle. Make what’s likely to be your final game in 6A a memorable one.

As for Center Grove, I have lots of respect for the program and for Coach Moore. He actually earned my respect off the field ten years ago when his son (Tyson) took my sister to the Columbus East prom. My dad was planning on giving Tyson “the talk” before they all went on their ways but Coach Moore stepped in first and gave him “the talk” instead which earned our respect. We didn’t expect Tyson to do any wrong and I’m sure Coach Moore didn’t either, but it was nice to know we really didn’t have to worry one bit because he was raised right. 

But, anyways, good luck to the Trojans and their fans. Unless East somehow pulls off a miracle of Christ-like proportions, I’ll be pulling for you to stay COVID free and win a 6A state title like you have shown you deserve.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Indiana Fan said:

Made the trip to CG tonight. Trojans dominated. I thought Columbus East players were going to get hurt out there. Pure dominance by CG. 
Also, couldn’t help but notice the fight that broke out in the Columbus East stands between fans. Interesting

It was the most eventful thing to happen on that side of the field. I don’t put too much thought into the game overall as an East fan.. this is a 4A school playing one of the nations best teams. Outmatched. 

10 hours ago, Indiana Fan said:

Also, couldn’t help but notice the fight that broke out in the Columbus East stands between fans. Interesting

Daddy not happy with playing time?  Decide to criticize the coach from the bleachers?  I need more details.  Video would be even better.

4 hours ago, Grover said:

Daddy not happy with playing time?  Decide to criticize the coach from the bleachers?  I need more details.  Video would be even better.

No, dads making comments about other sons effort I believe.. 😂

4 hours ago, CaptainHook said:

I thought East was 5A by enrollment? They will be heading back down next year.

They bumped up in enrollment after they bumped due to success factor to 5A, but have once again dropped back down to 4A enrollment. East would be the largest 4A school in the state. 

13 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

No, dads making comments about other sons effort I believe.. 😂

They bumped up in enrollment after they bumped due to success factor to 5A, but have once again dropped back down to 4A enrollment. East would be the largest 4A school in the state. 

All I see is that they were the 62nd largest enrollment in 19-20.  Which would make them 5A.  Have numbers for 20-21 head count been released yet?

We will just have to wait and see 🙂. But it’s pretty well known that North’s incoming class is much bigger than East’s incoming class from the people I have spoken to. 

I have nothing bad to say about the success factor, East and Cathedral are the only 2 schools to jump up 2 classes due to the success factor. I thought for sure New Pal and Memorial would be the next 2 to do it but it looks we will have to wait a few years to see if they can join that group.. Obviously 5A and 6A are a huge difference considering East and Whiteland had a battle down to the wire and was literally no match for CG.. I’m looking forward to East being back down in 5A next year. 

And in comparison to East’s prior incoming classes this one is much smaller in enrollment numbers. 

3 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

We will just have to wait and see 🙂. But it’s pretty well known that North’s incoming class is much bigger than East’s incoming class from the people I have spoken to. 

I have nothing bad to say about the success factor, East and Cathedral are the only 2 schools to jump up 2 classes due to the success factor. I thought for sure New Pal and Memorial would be the next 2 to do it but it looks we will have to wait a few years to see if they can join that group.. Obviously 5A and 6A are a huge difference considering East and Whiteland had a battle down to the wire and was literally no match for CG.. I’m looking forward to East being back down in 5A next year. 

And in comparison to East’s prior incoming classes this one is much smaller in enrollment numbers. 

East looked like a jV team against CG.  Moore has built a monster

59 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

Majority teams not named Cathedral looked like JV teams to CG. No skin off CE fans back.. playing up 2 classes is an honor and only 1 other school can say they have done that 

Unfortunately, there like are no more Stevie Brown's or Gunner Kiels in the pipeline.  

3 minutes ago, DT said:

Unfortunately, there like are no more Stevie Brown's or Gunner Kiels in the pipeline.  

Those are great names but neither won a title... you mean Alex Cowan’s, Harry Criders, Markell Jones, Jamon Hogan, Josh Major’s? I don’t know we will see. I like championships, not semi-state appearances. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

Majority teams not named Cathedral looked like JV teams to CG. No skin off CE fans back.. playing up 2 classes is an honor and only 1 other school can say they have done that 

That’s why I hate the success factor. Punishing teams for having success and a great program. It should only be for the private schools.

1 hour ago, Indiana Fan said:

That’s why I hate the success factor. Punishing teams for having success and a great program. It should only be for the private schools.

I don’t mind it. It was a fun challenge. Unfortunately, we didn’t have two of our best teams during these two years in 6A. Seems to be how it works out. The group of kids that get you bumped up are gone and you end up with a weaker team in the newer class for the two year cycle. But, at least it showed us what it takes to be on a 6A championship level.

• Like 1