Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Circle City Conference Postseason

Interesting factoid.

Technically, the Circle City Conference (in all sports excepting football) is composed of Bishop Chatard (3A), Brebeuf (3A), Covenant Christian (1A), Guerin Catholic (3A), Heritage Christian (2A) and Roncalli (4A).  1A Covenant Christian and 2A Heritage Christian do not compete against the other 4 schools in football....which is understandable (at least in the case of Covenant Christian).

With that, 4 of the 6 “Circle City Conference” teams won Sectionals ranging from 1A to 4A with the only 2 teams that failed (Brebeuf and Guerin) having lost to Chatard in the gerrymandered Sectional 28.  Frankly, if you had placed Brebeuf and Guerin in separate Sectionals than Chatard, I’d bet the there would have been at least one more CCC team playing in Regionals.

It will be interesting to see how far these teams might progress (if at all) past Regional weekend.

I'd say Chatard is a sure bet to pick up another regional title.

Roncalli has a tough test at Mt. Vernon.  The winner of this game is probably a slight favorite to represent the north in the finals, although Mooresville and/or Evansville Memorial will be a test in the semistate.

Heritage Christian gets two-time defending 2A champ Western Boone.  The Stars are playing their best football right now and will be a strong test for HC.

Covenant Christian gets undefeated South Putnam, who had trouble with the pass D against Parke Heritage.  After knocking off 1A favorite Lutheran, will CC have a hangover from that big win?

I'd say that 2 of the 4 CCC teams make it to semistate.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ballhawk said:

Roncalli has a tough test at Mt. Vernon.  The winner of this game is probably a slight favorite to represent the north in the finals, although Mooresville and/or Evansville Memorial will be a test in the semistate.

Heritage Christian gets two-time defending 2A champ Western Boone.  The Stars are playing their best football right now and will be a strong test for HC.

Covenant Christian gets undefeated South Putnam, who had trouble with the pass D against Parke Heritage.  After knocking off 1A favorite Lutheran, will CC have a hangover from that big win?

Of course you meant Evansville Central.

27 minutes ago, Ballhawk said:

Yeah...think I’m there too.  That said...not entirely sure which 2 teams, though.  

Seriously though, I would NOT want to play Roncalli at this point of the season.  They lost early to Chatard but have won some tough, tough games.  They beat a “relatively” healthy East Central at season's end pretty definitively.  

Seriously thinking they might well show up at Lucas Oil.

Chatard is a heavy favorite to win it all at Lucas Oil. 

Roncalli has a very tough road in the south with MV, Mooresville and Central.  All four of those teams are favored over whoever represents the north at Lucas Oil.

Heritage Christian is a toss up against WeBo.  

I think Covenant Christian will easily defeat South Putnam for the Regional crown.

Guerin finished last in the conference (outscored 108-7) and defeated West Lafayette in the Sectional!  Both the Golden Eagles and the Braves would have won several 3A Sectionals. 

2 hours ago, Lysander said:

Yeah...think I’m there too.  That said...not entirely sure which 2 teams, though.  

Seriously though, I would NOT want to play Roncalli at this point of the season.  They lost early to Chatard but have won some tough, tough games.  They beat a “relatively” healthy East Central at season's end pretty definitively.  

Seriously thinking they might well show up at Lucas Oil.

4A south is definitely loaded.  I agree on Roncalli, but I like the job Kirschner's done at Mt. Vernon.  That game might be the best around this Friday.

2 hours ago, Staxawax said:

Of course you meant Evansville Central.

So happy our fact checkers are hard at work.  Forgive me for my mistake.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ballhawk said:

4A south is definitely loaded.  I agree on Roncalli, but I like the job Kirschner's done at Mt. Vernon.  That game might be the best around this Friday.

If I wasn’t already committed to attend Chatard/Concordia, I’d be watching or looking for whatever tickets @Impartial_Observer might be able to finagle for that game.  I think it’s the Game of the Week.

3 hours ago, FCGriz said:

Roncalli has a very tough road in the south with MV, Mooresville and Central.  All four of those teams are favored over whoever represents the north at Lucas Oil.

I think Covenant Christian will easily defeat South Putnam for the Regional crown.

Guerin finished last in the conference (outscored 108-7) and defeated West Lafayette in the Sectional!  Both the Golden Eagles and the Braves would have won several 3A Sectionals. 

It seems both South Putnam and Covenant Christian were undervalued, yet both of those sectional championship games were arguably the best games of the night. I’m not predicting a winner, but I’m hearing Sput has a heck of a defense. If they can get to the QB it will be difficult for Covenant to score like they have been. Thoughts?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

It seems both South Putnam and Covenant Christian were undervalued, yet both of those sectional championship games were arguably the best games of the night. I’m not predicting a winner, but I’m hearing Sput has a heck of a defense. If they can get to the QB it will be difficult for Covenant to score like they have been. Thoughts?

4 hours ago, FCGriz said:

There won’t be anything easy for Covenant Christians and South Putnams. I swear to God there won’t 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Staxawax said:

Roncalli goes up to 6A in the new 2.0 Multiplier Proposal.  I think they will have plenty of success there.  

Brebeuf and Guerin to 5A

Chatard to 4A  (getting close to 5A cutoff - would like to see them in 5A)

Heritage to 4A

Covenent to 3A

Lutheran and Traders Point to 2A

8 minutes ago, DT said:

Roncalli goes up to 6A in the new 2.0 Multiplier Proposal.  I think they will have plenty of success there.  

Brebeuf and Guerin to 5A

Heritage to 4A

Covenent to 3A

WTF? Stay in your lane!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, DT said:

Brebeuf and Guerin to 5A

Heritage to 4A

Covenent to 3A

What a load of total crap!

“Technically” 3 Circle City Conference Schools are playing in Semistate: Covenant Christian (1A); Chatard (3A) and Roncalli 4A).  

Heritage Christian (2A) fell a little short vs the WeBo juggernaut.

Congrats to them.

Edited by Lysander

• 2 weeks later...

Well, 3 Circle City teams at LOS (Covenant Christian, Chatard and Roncalli).  It does look like Heritage Christian played the closest to WeBo but, unfortunately, weren’t able to pull off the Regional win.

I think the last time a conference put 3 teams in LOS was the NIC in 2011 (St.Joe, SB Washington and Penn) but, unfortunately, none won.  I haven’t checked, but 3 teams at LOS sounds like something the Hoosier Conference, the SAC and the SIAC may have done in the past as well.

How many, if any, CCC teams walk out with a victory?  

Curious, what is the most championships a single conference has won in a year?

SAC with Snyder and Luers is the obvious one I could find in 1992.

Looks like SB St. Joseph was not in conference with Penn in 95.

Same in 2009 with LCC and WL.

Ran out of time on my lunch hour.  I will let someone who knows N. Indiana better than me look at the list.

On 11/10/2020 at 8:16 PM, DT said:

Brebeuf and Guerin to 5A

Heritage to 4A

Covenent to 3A

Aggressive, but will the masses be as accepting?

8 minutes ago, Gipper said:

Aggressive, but will the masses be as accepting?

Gipp

Sagarin has Roncalli rated the 7th best team in the state.

Absolutely they can compete in 6A.  

Edited by DT

3 minutes ago, DT said:

Gipp

Sagarin has Roncalli rated the 7th best team in the state.

Absolutely they can compete in 6A.  

I think so, too, but there is a natural resistance to change.  I see what you’re doing and it’s good, but there will always be dissenting opinions. Not from me anymore, though...  

About the mighty Rebels: if they were playing in Uk’s Premiership, they would have been relegated a long time ago, chap.