Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Meanwhile at the Iowa state high school playoffs

On 11/13/2020 at 10:34 AM, Julio said:

Title IX will stop 8 man football in Indiana.  In order for the IHSAA to sanction 8 man football in Indiana they would have to sanction another girls sport.  The only one that is close is women’s wrestling to being a sanctioned sports.

The next two sanctioned sports in Indiana will be women’s wrestling and men’s volleyball.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

The next two sanctioned sports in Indiana will be women’s wrestling and men’s volleyball.

Women's wrestling is getting to be pretty big, but there are still some girls wrestling against boys also. Tough kids. 

On 11/13/2020 at 3:16 PM, Bonecrusher said:

I agree.  My wife's senior class had 74 kids IIRC (Southern Wells '88).  They thought they were tiny; and they were by Indiana standards.  When we moved to Texas, we found out what smalls schools really are.  My kids class sizes were 44, 48 & 53.  2A school.  There are many 1A's here with 9-12 enrollment below 100.  Many of them are in west/northwest TX.

I went to college with people who had graduating classes of less than 15! My freshman roommate had a class of 14 and I think I met most of them that year. 7 of them went to college in the same city we did.

On 11/14/2020 at 3:41 AM, hhpatriot04 said:

Isn't football a mixed gender sport like wrestling? 

I know it as at Harrison as all of the correspondences that I get are all prefaced with "Coed Football."

On 11/14/2020 at 3:41 AM, hhpatriot04 said:

Isn't football a mixed gender sport like wrestling? 

55 minutes ago, foxbat said:

I know it as at Harrison as all of the correspondences that I get are all prefaced with "Coed Football."

Purty sure I sawed a young woman kicker in a game I watched ealier this season... think it was Adams Central but don't hold to that....

6 minutes ago, dazed and confused said:

Purty sure I sawed a young woman kicker in a game I watched ealier this season... think it was Adams Central but don't hold to that....

Linton had that young lady several years ago who was their placekicker ... and very successful too.  LCC also had a young lady who played on their team and recently graduated who now attends Purdue.  A young lady who played youth ball for me several years ago at LCC along with her brothers, but attended another high school, is now a student in one of my classes at Purdue this semester.

On the IHSAA website, Football is listed as a boys sport.  The only two sports that are coed are Unified Flag Football and Unified Track.

As far as 8 man goes, I don't know how it would work economically for many smaller schools. Equipment and Personal could be quite costly.

How many schools that play soccer would want to add football to their plates.