Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC 2021

2 hours ago, fenderbender said:

Replacing all 5 OL and both leading rushers.  That could be a problem.

Yea, I thought they were replacing only 4 starters on the O-line, but it turns out the whole defense is being revamped too a 3-3 stack. I’m curious about the game tonight, some signs points to a Memorial victory, but you can never ever count out the Wildcats and Coach Lewis

Edited by TigerFan20

18 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Yea, I thought they were replacing only 4 starters on the O-line, but it turns out the whole defense is being revamped too a 3-3 stack. I’m curious about the game tonight, some signs points to a Memorial victory, but you can never ever count out the Wildcats and Coach Lewis

The defense change seems like a good move by Coach Lewis.  He said they were on the smaller/quicker side up front this year.  And obviously that lends itself well to a stack.

I guess you just have to worry about kids adapting well to any new scheme.  Even NFL players take some time until they’re familiar enough and confident enough in a new system.

29 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

27-19 Jasper over Memorial Final

Jasper very effective running the ball.  Lots of effective deception.  Some power rushing, when needed. QB stayed within himself and managed the game well.

Memorial has a lot to clean up.  That did not look like a team with 20 returning starters.  Way too many costly errors, penalties.  Just sloppy.

Tyler played his heart out.  But it wasn’t enough to overcome the above.

2 minutes ago, MHSTigerFan said:

Jasper very effective running the ball.  Lots of effective deception.  Some power rushing, when needed. QB stayed within himself and managed the game well.

Memorial has a lot to clean up.  That did not look like a team with 20 returning starters.  Way too many costly errors, penalties.  Just sloppy.

Tyler played his heart out.  But it wasn’t enough to overcome the above.

Our 1H was great and some in 3Q, but our Defense needs to step it up

3 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Our 1H was great and some in 3Q, but our Defense needs to step it up

Yeah, but you have to credit Jasper a lot for that.  They had us guessing all night.

I was questioning how good the scouting and prep were.  It looked at times like we just weren’t prepared for it - like it was the first time we’d seen it.

Add in the OL turned FB (reminiscent of Central’s Madison last year), and it was a very potent ground game.  They didn’t pass much - but were able to when they needed to.

13 minutes ago, MHSTigerFan said:

Yeah, but you have to credit Jasper a lot for that.  They had us guessing all night.

I was questioning how good the scouting and prep were.  It looked at times like we just weren’t prepared for it - like it was the first time we’d seen it.

Add in the OL turned FB (reminiscent of Central’s Madison last year), and it was a very potent ground game.  They didn’t pass much - but were able to when they needed to.

On to North and fix the problems, can’t let one game unmotivate us 

24-14 Mater Dei over Central

Some Takeaways: 

-Can the Tigers overcome their loss against the Wildcats? Potential rematch in the sectional? Jasper #1 team in the SIAC?

-Big win for Bosse’s Coach Mullen tonight 

-How about them Cats from Mater Dei? Fought bitter hard against a nice Central team. How will Central look in the rest of the season? 

-Nice win by Reitz tonight against Harrison, should be motivated for the VL game. 

-Castle is a pretty damn good team tonight, North had some chances later in the game, but couldn’t overcome. Can the Huskies catch the Tigers sleeping at home again? Castle has a big one against Mater Dei

Edited by TigerFan20

1 hour ago, TigerFan20 said:

16-14 Bosse over VL 👀

1 hour ago, Dawgs said:

Bulldogs with a 16-14 victory over Vincennes. Go Dawgs!!! 

Congrats to Bosse for a hard fought win on the road. This was a close game throughout. One thing I can say about the 2021 Bulldogs that I haven’t said in the past…this team had a “controlled” presence about them. Not many penalties or turnovers (not sure if they had any at all). Not a prolific offensive attack by any means but they let their big RBs wear you down. Defensively they had good team pursuit of the ball to stop any big plays. Coach Mullen has this team on a mission. 

For Lincoln, what can you say? Some missed opportunities on big plays (including a dropped deep ball that would’ve gone for 6). Not a whole lot of penalties but the few were ill timed. And fumbles….fuuumbles. 

The Alices’ youth showed, with many sophomores dipping their toes into varsity action for the first time. Not to help matters, starting RB Jackson Johnson, who VL expects to lean on heavily early on, tweaked a knee in pregame. 

7 hours ago, MHSTigerFan said:

We have work to do. 

IB this Memorial team better quit reading the paper and listening to outsiders tell them how good they are. They have all the pieces but looked like they thought it was just show up and we win. Not how it works fellas. Attention to detail was lacking on both sides of the ball. Nice thing is it’s only week 1.  My biggest concern watching last night …….zero leadership on the field. 

40 minutes ago, Screagle said:

IB this Memorial team better quit reading the paper and listening to outsiders tell them how good they are. They have all the pieces but looked like they thought it was just show up and we win. Not how it works fellas. Attention to detail was lacking on both sides of the ball. Nice thing is it’s only week 1.  My biggest concern watching last night …….zero leadership on the field. 

Agreed. 

Man August football is hot. So many cramps in the Mater Dei/Central game causing game stoppages pushing the game to 3 hours. Both teams played hard but the offenses weren't pretty. Central is going to be good. They've got athletes. The Diaz kid can burn and Herdes is an athlete with a big arm. When they put it all together they are going to be a handful. 

Next week brings a couple more big games. How will North and Memorial respond to losses? Two quality teams going at it again. Memorial has a tough Central team waiting in week 3. Central at will look to get a win vs. Bosse this week and enter the week 3 contest with Memorial at 1-1. Mater Dei and Castle battle for the early lead in the SIAC with Jasper. It's early but it's a big game with conference title hopes getting a big boost for the winner.  

Good luck this week 

1 hour ago, TigerFan20 said:

This is a must win for Memorial now, I can honestly see them going 0-4 midway through the season, IF they played like the way they did last night

Im not sure any week is a must win except week 10. Obviously teams want to win. Its the only way to win a conference championship and it makes for a better week of practice. IMO It’s a must be better upfront with experience OL and it’s a must be better offensively and it’s a must be better at stopping the run. But I trust this staff will have Memorial as the 4A sectional favorite by week 10.