Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

New Donald Trump thread

Muda69

On 7/16/2019 at 10:40 AM, swordfish said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/07/11/puerto-rico-corruption-arrests/1701392001/

So the officials in PR that said Trump did not give enough funds (91 billion btw) for hurricane relief were caught stealing the relief funds........🤔

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/americas/article239497583.html

Puerto Rican officials continued to distance themselves from a growing scandal involving tons of emergency supplies that were never distributed in the wake of a powerful series of earthquakes.

Speaking to reporters Tuesday, government officials said they had been blindsided by the revelation on Saturday that there was a warehouse packed with aid in the southern city of Ponce — near the epicenter of the quakes.

Osvaldo Soto, the secretary of public affairs, singled out the head of the Bureau of Emergency Management, Carlos Acevedo, for dropping the ball. He said Acevedo, who was fired over the weekend, never took an inventory at the warehouse and never informed other officials that the aid was available.

“The issue here is the mismanagement of these goods and food that could have been taken to people who needed them,” Soto told reporters. “The fact that these goods existed and were stored in that place — that was never brought up during our daily [emergency management] meetings.”

“The system didn’t fail us, an individual failed us,” he added.

Officials also confirmed that the warehouse — along with another one in Guaynabo — was under the control of the island’s emergency management agency, known as the NMEAD. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) controls seven other warehouses on the island designed to respond to disasters in the U.S. territory and the U.S. Virgin Islands.

In a statement, FEMA said it was continuing to work with local authorities in their efforts to recover from the earthquakes and the 2017 hurricane season but safeguards were needed.

“Given Puerto Rico’s significant history of fiscal irregularities and mismanagement, the federal government will continue to impose stringent fiscal oversight and risk management measures to ensure all disaster relief funding and resources are expended in a manner that directly assists the disaster survivors who need them most while protecting the U.S. taxpayers’ investment against the potential for waste, fraud, and abuse,” the agency said.

Not only did funds disappear, so did supplies......Until now.....

https://100percentfedup.com/trump-blasts-teen-climate-actress-she-should-focus-on-other-countries-who-are-sending-tons-of-garbage-across-pacific-ocean-to-u-s/

Yesterday, at the Davos World Summit, a reporter asked President Trump about allegedly saying teen climate actress, Greta Thunberg “needs to work on her anger.” Trump clarified, ” I didn’t say anger I said, ‘anger management.'”

Trump called out other countries for not doing enough to protect the environment from pollution, “We have to do something about other continents, we have to do something about other countries. When we’re clean and beautiful and everything’s good, but you have another continent where the fumes are rising at levels that you can’t believe.’

President Trump suggested the teen climate actress’s time would be better spent focusing on other countries, saying, “I mean, I think Greta ought to focus on those places, but we are doing better than we ever had in terms of cleanliness, in terms of numbers.”

Trump slammed the pollution in the Pacific Ocean that ends up in the United States thanks to other countries, “We have a beautiful ocean called the Pacific Ocean, with thousands and thousands of tons of garbage flows toward us—and that’s put there by other countries.” He added, “So, I think Greta has to start working on those other countries.”

Finally someone not afraid to call a spade a spade........

20 minutes ago, BARRYOSAMA said:

The United States contributes as much as 242 million pounds of plastic trash to the ocean every year

Swing and a miss - Throwing the BS flag.....(of course, it is BO, so what else would you expect)

https://www.statista.com/chart/12211/the-countries-polluting-the-oceans-the-most/

A team of researchers in the United States and Australia led by Jenna Jambeck, an environmental engineer at the University of Georgia, analyzed plastic waste levels in the world's oceans. They found that China and Indonesia are the top sources of plastic bottles, bags and other rubbish clogging up global sea lanes. Together, both nations account for more than a third of plastic detritus in global waters, according to a report in The Wall Street Journal. The original source data can be found here.

In 2010, 8.8 million metric tons of mismanaged plastic waste came from China with an estimated 3.53 million metric tons of it ending up in the ocean. A total of 3.2 million metric tons of mismanaged plastic waste came from Indonesia and it is estimated that 1.29 million metric tons became plastic marine debris. The United States is also guilty of polluting oceans with plastic, but at a much lower level than China. Annually, 0.11 million metric tons of waterborne plastic garbage comes from the United States.

Infographic: The Countries Polluting The Oceans The Most   | Statista

https://ourworldindata.org/plastic-pollution

image.thumb.png.0091b0368edd28427f6c206883ddafc5.png

SF is still insisting on plastic straws.......

Edited by swordfish

36 minutes ago, BARRYOSAMA said:

The United States contributes as much as 242 million pounds of plastic trash to the ocean every year

17 minutes ago, swordfish said:

Swing and a miss - Throwing the BS flag.....(of course, it is BO, so what else would you expect)

SF is still insisting on plastic straws......

BO's statement isn't necessarily false.

https://www.plasticpollutioncoalition.org/blog/2018/10/4/us-plastic-recycling-rate-projected-to-drop-to-44-in-2018

It’s been frequently said: A definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome. We’ve seen promises, goals, ambitions, and aims from companies for nearly 30 years to increase recycled content and reduce the number of plastic bags they hand out. During that time, plastic use and pollution has increased as well-documented by Jenna Jambeck, Roland Geyer, and other researchers. The United States ranks 20th on the list of countries contributing to plastic pollution in the ocean with an estimated 88 to 242 million pounds/year of plastic marine debris. The annual International Coastal Cleanup confirmed the evidence of plastic pollution on U.S. coasts in 2017 when more than 3.7 million pounds of trash, the majority of it plastic, was collected by 209,643 people on a single day.

1 hour ago, swordfish said:

https://www.statista.com/chart/12211/the-countries-polluting-the-oceans-the-most/

A team of researchers in the United States and Australia led by Jenna Jambeck, an environmental engineer at the University of Georgia, analyzed plastic waste levels in the world's oceans. They found that China and Indonesia are the top sources of plastic bottles, bags and other rubbish clogging up global sea lanes. Together, both nations account for more than a third of plastic detritus in global waters, according to a report in The Wall Street Journal. The original source data can be found here.

In 2010, 8.8 million metric tons of mismanaged plastic waste came from China with an estimated 3.53 million metric tons of it ending up in the ocean. A total of 3.2 million metric tons of mismanaged plastic waste came from Indonesia and it is estimated that 1.29 million metric tons became plastic marine debris. The United States is also guilty of polluting oceans with plastic, but at a much lower level than China. Annually, 0.11 million metric tons of waterborne plastic garbage comes from the United States.

Infographic: The Countries Polluting The Oceans The Most   | Statista

You do realize that @BARRYOSAMA's number is in millions of pounds while yours is in millions of metric tons?

One million metric tons = 2,204,620,000 pounds

.11 million metric tons = 242,508,200 pounds

Edited by foxbat
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, foxbat said:

You do realize that @BARRYOSAMA's number is in millions of pounds while yours is in millions of metric tons?

One million metric tons = 2,204,620,000 pounds

.11 million metric tons = 242,508,200 pounds

Fox - You are such a nerd........OK, SF is not a mathematics phenom by any stretch.....apologies to the BO for improperly dissing him/her/it........

However - estimated 88 to 242 million pounds/year of plastic marine debris"estimated" 88 to 242 is quite large for a window.....

But - you do realize that the US is dead last with regards to plastic pollution on all of those fancy charts I found........Still gonna use plastic straws......

• Kill me now 3

7 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

I've never bought a straw.

It is becoming a thing.   A big thing now is a handmade straw caddy so people can store and carry their straw(s) (some people carry more than one) conveniently.

For real.......You need to get out more Gonzo......I'm like you, though - I will not buy a straw......

https://www.etsy.com/listing/535440028/padded-straw-sleeve-single-pocket?gpla=1&gao=1&utm_campaign=shopping_us_McGarryDesigns_sfc_osa&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_custom1=0&utm_content=6509558&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-f7yuuiZ5wIVEJ6fCh3uLgP3EAQYAyABEgKBFPD_BwE

13 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

I've never stolen one either. Is that what Libertarians do?

I can't speak for all libertarians but I have never stolen a straw.  

Are you saying that you have never used a straw in your entire life?

• Disdain 1

Hilarious.

The brain dead, mindless zombies who actually believe the Democrats and their fake new propaganda are easily manipulated, gullible fools.

This forum had two members who are supposed to be "deep thinkers" that predicted Trump would be found guilty of both charges in the Impeachment Trial poll. How can any normal adult take these people seriously?

• Disdain 2

17 minutes ago, BARRYOSAMA said:

Normal adults have no idea what the Impeachment Trial poll is and certain no idea of how Trump could be found guilty of high crimes and misdemeanors in a poll.

I understand your confusion. You do not qualify as a normal adult.

1. Guilty or Not Guilty?

• Guilty-Abuse of Power

• Not Guilty-Abuse of Power

• Guilty-Obstruction of Congress

• Not Guilty-Obstruction of Congress

•  

Edited by Howe
  • Disdain 1

1 hour ago, Howe said:

I understand your confusion. You do not qualify as a normal adult.

1. Guilty or Not Guilty?

• Guilty-Abuse of Power

• Not Guilty-Abuse of Power

• Guilty-Obstruction of Congress

• Not Guilty-Obstruction of Congress

•  

How about “DKDC because even though I know it’s my civic duty, I can’t bring myself to watch or read about any of it because it just makes me want to puke?” 🤮🤮🤮