Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

New Donald Trump thread

Muda69

15 hours ago, BARRYOSAMA said:

clown show

Agreed.

Those who believe the DNC was hacked by Russia apparently base their opinions on countless media reports of "assessments" by "hand picked" seasoned experts from the FBI, NSA and CIA yet the Directors of all three agencies admit they never conducted any type of forensic analysis of the DNC servers. No evidence has ever been published to the American public for review.

Those who believe Wikileaks received the e-mails from a source inside the DNC have the founder of Wikileaks stating his source was not the Russians and the dead corpse of a former DNC staffer. Police claim he was the victim of an apparent robbery yet his wallet, phone and watch remained on the corpse. Police went to his apartment and confiscated his laptop. His murder remains unsolved.

• Disdain 1

On 2/22/2020 at 11:22 AM, foxbat said:

I still am not likely to post much here given that it's looking like little has changed in approach. 

Exactly what kind of "approach" do you personally prefer regarding discussions about politics on an internet message forum?  Are there internet message forums out there with this kind of "approach" regarding political discussions that you prefer, and are you active one them?

• Disdain 2

Trump's Betrayal of Julian Assange: https://mises.org/wire/trumps-betrayal-julian-assange

One thing we’ve learned from the Trump presidency is that the “deep state” is not just some crazy conspiracy theory. For the past three years we’ve seen that deep state launch plot after plot to overturn the election.

It all started with former CIA director John Brennan’s phony “Intelligence Assessment” of Russian involvement in the 2016 election. It was claimed that all seventeen US intelligence agencies agreed that Putin put Trump in office, but we found out later that the report was cooked up by a handful of Brennan’s handpicked agents.

Donald Trump upset the Washington apple cart as presidential candidate and in so doing he set elements of the deep state in motion against him.

One of the things candidate Donald Trump did to paint a deep state target on his back was to repeatedly praise Wikileaks, the protransparency media organization headed up by Australian journalist Julian Assange. More than one hundred times candidate Trump said “I love Wikileaks” on the campaign trail.

Trump loved it when Wikileaks exposed the criminality of Hillary Clinton and the Democratic Party, as it cheated to deprive Bernie Sanders of the Democratic Party nomination. Wikileaks’s release of the DNC emails exposed the deep corruption at the heart of US politics, and as a candidate Trump loved the transparency.

Then he got elected.

The real tragedy of the Trump presidency is nowhere better demonstrated than in his 180-degree turn away from Wikileaks and its founder Julian Assange. “I know nothing about Wikileaks,” he said as president. “It’s really not my thing.”

US pressure and bribes to the Ecuadorian government ended Assange’s asylum and his seven years in a room at the Ecuadorian embassy in London. After his dramatic arrest by London's Metropolitan Police last April, he has been effectively tortured in British jails at the behest of the US deep state.

Today, Monday the 24th of February, Assange faces an extradition hearing in a UK courthouse. The Trump administration—led by a man who praised Assange’s work—seeks a show trial of Assange worthy of the worst of the Soviet era. The US is seeking a 175-year prison sentence.

The Trump administration argues that the Australian Assange should be tried and convicted of espionage against a country of which he is not a citizen. At the same time the Trump administration argues that the First Amendment does not apply to Assange because he is not an American citizen! So Assange is subject to US law when it comes to publishing information embarrassing to the US deep state, but he is not subject to the law of the land—the US Constitution—which protects all journalists and is the backbone of our system of government.

It is ironic that a president who has been the victim of so much deep state meddling has done the deep state’s bidding when it comes to Assange and Wikileaks. President Trump should preempt the inevitable US show trial of Assange by granting the journalist a blanket pardon under the First Amendment of the United States Constitution.

The deep state that Trump is serving by persecuting Assange is the same deep state that continues to plot his own ouster. Free Assange!

• Disdain 1

On 2/26/2020 at 11:17 AM, Muda69 said:

Trump's Betrayal of Julian Assange: https://mises.org/wire/trumps-betrayal-julian-assange

One thing we’ve learned from the Trump presidency is that the “deep state” is not just some crazy conspiracy theory. For the past three years we’ve seen that deep state launch plot after plot to overturn the election.

It all started with former CIA director John Brennan’s phony “Intelligence Assessment” of Russian involvement in the 2016 election. It was claimed that all seventeen US intelligence agencies agreed that Putin put Trump in office, but we found out later that the report was cooked up by a handful of Brennan’s handpicked agents.

But....but....but...Politifact says it's true. All seventeen U.S Intelligence Agencies agreed the Russians hacked the DNC. Ignore the fact that the FBI, CIA and NSA have never even seen the DNC servers, let alone conduct any type of forensic analysis and present the evidence to the American public for review. The Mueller Dossier and CrowdStrike have debunked right wing tin foil hat conspiracy theories. 🤣🙄

• Disdain 2

On 2/23/2020 at 12:13 PM, gonzoron said:

Image may contain: 1 person, meme, possible text that says 'ONE THING THAT TRUMP WILL NEVER HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT IS HAVING HIS SPEECHES PLAGIARIZED BY A FUTURE PRESIDENT'

This is exactly why I never bought into his BS. He is a moron. Want to call him successful? Yeah ok. Where is our national debt now? How much did it go up so far in this term? Yeah, I know he is not responsible. Don’t give me the “what about Hillary? “ BS either. Yes, I am fully aware that all politicians in DC are part of the problem, whether they are Republican or Democrat. As @Muda69refers to them.....the uniparty. The blind support for this clown is really unreal at times. He is not draining the swamp. He does NOT know more than the countless people in every area of government and science that he claims to. 
and theeeeennnnnnn there is this latest “speech”

AECA8126-5EAA-4993-A9B2-2B227432DF0B.jpeg

• Like 1

I TOTALLY understand the “well, he is not Hillary” mindset. I do. She was never even an option for me to consider either. But, he is NOT one of us, he has no clue what it means to actually work, live paycheck to paycheck, make ends meet, create a budget, and so many other things. Besides that, he lack of morals is just completely disgusting. I have conservative friends who are die hard Trump fans, now posting on Facebook, images of Mayor Pete and his husband embracing or even kissing. My thought is, do we REALLY want to go down the morality path here? 

All that said......the f’ing clown show from the Dems is not going to change a thing. It can be comical to watch. I refuse to watch live....I get enough of that kind of nonsense in my classroom every day. 🤣

• Thanks 2

Trump Is Trying to Ride the Pentagon Gravy Train to Reelection: https://mises.org/wire/trump-trying-ride-pentagon-gravy-train-reelection

Donald Trump likes to posture as a tough guy and part of that tough guy persona involves bragging about how much he’s spent on the US military. This tendency was on full display in a tweet he posted three days after an American drone killed Iranian Major General Qassem Suleimani in Baghdad:

The United States just spent Two Trillion Dollars on Military Equipment. We are the biggest and by far the BEST in the World! If Iran attacks an American Base, or any American, we will be sending some of that brand new beautiful equipment their way…and without hesitation!

That tweet was as much a message to the American public as to Iran’s rulers. Its subtext: Donald J. Trump (and he alone) has restored the US military to greatness after two terms of neglect under the less-than-watchful eye of Barack Obama; he’s not afraid to use it; and he deserves credit for everything he’s done, which means, of course, widespread political support. Nevermind that Washington has “only” spent about one-third of his claimed $2 trillion on military equipment since he took office, and that Pentagon spending reached a post-World War II record high in the Obama years. No surprise there: Trump has never let the facts get in the way of a good story he’s dying to tell.

He has, by the way, made similar claims to his most important audience of all: his donors. At a January 17 get-together with key supporters at Mar-a-Lago, his lavish Florida resort, he bragged that Pentagon spending had increased by $2.5 trillion on his watch. In fact, that figure is closer to total Pentagon spending in the Trump years. For his claim to be accurate, the Pentagon budget would have had to be $0 in January 2017, when he entered the Oval Office. Still, however outlandish what he says about the military may be, the underlying theme remains remarkably consistent: I’m the guy who’s funding our military like never before, so you should keep supporting me big time.

Don’t get me wrong. In collaboration with Congress, Trump has indeed boosted the Pentagon budget to near record levels. At $738 billion this year alone, it’s already substantially higher than spending at the peaks of the Korean and Vietnam Wars or during the Reagan military buildup of the 1980s. It’s more than the total amount spent by the next seven nations in the world combined (five of which are US allies). Only Donald Trump could manage to distort, misstate, and exaggerate sums that are already beyond belief in the service of an inflated self-image and ambitious political objectives.

Political Manipulation and “Jobs, Jobs, Jobs”

President Trump’s recent antics should come as no surprise. His use of Pentagon spending and military assistance for political gain has been hiding in plain sight since he entered the Oval Office. After all, that’s what the impeachment charges against him were all about. He was manipulating US military aid to Ukraine to strong-arm its government into generating dirt on Joe Biden, whom Trump, obsessed by poll numbers, saw at the time as his most threatening rival.

And don’t forget the president’s penchant for dipping into the Pentagon budget to pay for his cherished wall on the US-Mexico border, a vanity project that plays extremely well with his political base. So far, he’s proposed taking $13.3 billion from the Department of Defense’s budget to fund that “big, fat, beautiful wall,” $6.1 billion of which has already been granted to him. For good measure, Trump pushed the Pentagon to award a $400 million contract for building part of the wall to Fisher Sand and Gravel, a North Dakota firm owned by one of his donors.

The Ukraine scandal and the wall aside, the real politics of Pentagon spending—that is, of translating military dollars into potential votes in 2020—will come, Trump hopes, from his relentless touting of the alleged jobs being generated by weapons production. His initial major foray into portraying the buying and selling of arms as a jobs program for the American people occurred during a May 2017 trip to Saudi Arabia, his first foreign visit as president. He promptly announced a $110 billion arms deal with the Saudi regime that would, he swore, mean “jobs, jobs, jobs” in the United States.

In reality, the agreement itself—and the jobs to come from it—were both far less than advertised, but the message was clear enough: this country’s deal-maker extraordinaire was selling weapons over there and bringing jobs back in a major way to the good old US of A. Even though many of the vaunted arms deals he boasted about had been reached during the Obama years, he had, he insisted, gotten the Saudis to pay through the nose for weaponry that would put staggering numbers of Americans to work.

The Saudi gambit was planned well in advance. In the middle of a meeting with a Saudi delegation in a reception room next door to the White House, Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner suddenly called Lockheed Martin CEO Marillyn Hewson. He asked her about a missile defense system that the administration wanted to include in the mega arms package that the president was planning to announce during his upcoming visit to the kingdom. According to a New York Times account of the meeting, the Saudis’ jaws dropped when Kushner dialed up Hewson in front of them. They were amazed that things actually worked that way in Trump’s America. That call apparently did the trick, as the Lockheed missile-defense system was indeed incorporated into the arms deal.

The arms-sales-equals-jobs drumbeat continued when Trump returned home from his foreign travels, most notably in a March 2018 White House meeting with Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman. There, in front of the cameras, the president brandished a map showing where tens of thousands of US jobs linked to those Saudi arms deals would supposedly be created. Many of them were concentrated in states such as Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Michigan that had provided his margin of victory in the 2016 election.

His trumpeting of employment linked to Saudi arms sales went further over the top when he claimed that more than half a million American jobs were tied to the sales that his administration had negotiated. The real number is expected to be less than a tenth of that total and well under .03 percent of the US labor force of more than 164 million people.

Much as Trump would like Americans to believe that US weapons transfers to the brutal Saudi dictatorship are a boon to the economy, they are, in reality, barely a blip on the radar of total national employment. The question, of course, is whether enough voters will believe the president’s Saudi arms fairy tale to give him a bump in support.

Even after the Saudi regime’s murder of journalist and critic Jamal Khashoggi, the president continued to argue that the revenues from those arms deals were reason to avoid a political rupture with that nation. Unlike on so many other issues, Trump’s claims about arms sales and jobs are maddeningly consistent, if also maddeningly off the mark.

Trump to Ohio: “You Better Love Me”

Perhaps the president’s most blatant linkage of Pentagon spending–related jobs to his political future came in a March 2019 speech at an army-tank plant in Lima, Ohio. After a round of “USA! USA!” chants from the assembled crowd, Trump got right down to it:

Well, you better love me; I kept this place open, that I can tell you. [Applause.] They said, “We’re closing it.” And I said, “No we’re not.” And now you’re doing record business….And I’m thrilled to be here in Ohio with the hardworking men and women of Lima.

Of course, the president wasn’t actually responsible for keeping the plant open. In the early 2010s, the army had a plan to put that plant on “mothball” status for a few years because it already had six thousand tanks—far more than it needed. But that plan had been ditched before Trump ever took office, in no small part due to bipartisan pressure from the Ohio congressional delegation.

Misleading statements aside, the Lima plant is doing just fine at a time when the Pentagon budget is running at nearly three-quarters of a trillion dollars per year, and Trump is capitalizing on it. He repeatedly returned to the jobs argument in his Lima speech, and even reeled off a list of other parts of the country involved in tank production:

Our investment will also support thousands of additional jobs across our nation to assemble these incredible Abrams tanks. The engines are from Alabama, transmissions are from Indiana, special armor from Idaho, and the 120-millimeter gun—and the gun parts from upstate New York and from Pennsylvania. All great places. In Ohio alone, almost 200 suppliers churn out parts and materials that go into every tank that rolls off this factory’s floor. Incredible.

Trump may not be able to find all the places in which the US is at war on a map, but he’s made a point of getting well briefed on where the money that fuels the US war machine goes, because he views that information as essential to his political fortunes in 2020.

The Domestic Economics of Weapons Spending

What Trump failed to mention in his Lima speech is that much of America is not heavily dependent on Pentagon weapons outlays. The F-35 combat aircraft, the most expensive weapons system in history and widely touted as a major job creator, is a case in point. The plane’s producer, Lockheed Martin, claims that the project has created 125,000 jobs spread over forty-five states. The reality is far less impressive. My own analysis suggests that the F-35 program produces less than half as many jobs as Lockheed claims and that more than half of them are located in just two states—California and Texas. And in fact, many of them are located overseas.

Most states are not heavily dependent on Pentagon spending. According to that institution’s own figures, in thirty-nine of the fifty states less than 3 percent of the economy is tied to it. In other words, 97 percent or more of the economic activity in most of the country has nothing to do with such spending.

• Disdain 1

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2020/03/02/white-house-set-nominate-nations-1st-african-american-military-service-chief-report.html

White House Nominates Nation's 1st African American Military Service Chief

The White House has nominated Gen. Charles "CQ" Brown to be the next top general to lead the U.S. Air Force. The nomination, announced by the Defense Department Monday afternoon, would make him the first African American officer to serve as the top uniformed officer for any of the military branches.

The Wall Street Journal first reported Monday that Brown, currently the head of Pacific Air Forces, would be tapped for 22nd Air Force chief of staff, following Gen. David Goldfein, who is set to retire this summer after four years in the position. Brown would also be the first black officer to sit on the Joint Chiefs of Staff since then-Army Gen. Colin Powell served as chairman between 1989 and 1993.

"The [Air Force] will be well served by the formidable talents of CQ Brown," Air Force Secretary Barbara Barrett said in a tweet following the announcement. "He has unmatched strategic vision and operational expertise. His leadership will be instrumental as the service continues to focus on the capabilities and talent we need to implement the [National Defense Strategy]."

Before his post at PACAF, Brown was the deputy commander of U.S. Central Command at MacDill Air Force Base, Florida. He also served as the head of Air Forces Central Command (AFCENT) between 2015 and 2016, during the height of the air campaign against Islamic State fighters in Iraq and Syria.

The highly decorated commander, an F-16 Fighting Falcon pilot by training, commissioned in 1984 and has accumulated more than 2,900 flight hours, including 130 combat hours in various aircraft.

With posts that have taken him across Europe, the Pacific and the Middle East, Brown has also "commanded a fighter squadron, the U.S. Air Force Weapons School, and two fighter wings" throughout his career, his bio states.

Despite publicly stated efforts across the military services to attract and retain minority troops, the most senior ranks remain largely homogenous. A 2015 report from USA Today found that, of 280 Air Force generals at the time, just 18 belonged to minority groups, and just 13 -- or 4% of the total -- were African American.

Between 2014 and 2015, Brown was the director of operations, strategic deterrence and nuclear integration at U.S. Air Forces in Europe. During that time, the general told Air Force Times he had been focused on watching Russia's activities unfold in Crimea and eastern Ukraine, but quickly had to switch gears during his tour to focus on deterring ISIS forces from making gains in Iraq and Syria.

"When you ask me what my biggest accomplishment was during this time of my [AFCENT] command, [strategic] targeting. That was it," Brown told this reporter during an interview in 2016.

Brown's goal at the command was to streamline processes between the Air Force, coalition air components and the intelligence community to create better dynamic and deliberate targeting operations for battlefield success.

"In the last 15 years or so, we've done a lot of close-air support for troops in contact and overwatch, and the deliberate targeting process -- we lost a little muscle memory from what we had in the past," he said, referencing operations in Afghanistan. "So I think this is something that's going to help us in the [Central Command area of operations] and in other contingencies later on that we as a nation or we as the coalition team may face in the future."

Like his PACAF predecessor, Air Force Gen. Terrence O'Shaughnessy, Brown has worked to improve collaboration with partner forces, with an emphasis on integrating fifth-generation combat capabilities, such as those within the F-35A Joint Strike Fighter, into theater.

"Our allies and partners are on the front lines of fifth-generation integration in the Indo-Pacific," Brown said in 2018, referencing how the U.S., Australia, Japan and South Korea will all operate the F-35 in coming years.

I sure wish President Trump wasn't so racist......

3 hours ago, swordfish said:

I sure wish President Trump wasn't so racist......

You do realize that Strom Thurmond, who ran most of his political career on a segregationist platform, had a mixed-race daughter as a result of a liaison with the family's Black maid?

11 hours ago, foxbat said:

You do realize that Strom Thurmond, who ran most of his political career on a segregationist platform, had a mixed-race daughter as a result of a liaison with the family's Black maid?

What is your point?  That Mr. Trump is a rampant racist because Mr. Thurmond was also?   Talk about false equivalency.................

• Disdain 1

55 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

What is your point?  That Mr. Trump is a rampant racist because Mr. Thurmond was also?   Talk about false equivalency.................

Or he could have meant that just because some people do certain things with or for some people of color, it does not erase other things they have done in their history that were racist. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Mulvaney is out ...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/06/politics/trump-mulvaney-out/index.html

FTA:

President Donald Trump announced late Friday that he was replacing his acting White House chief of staff, Mick Mulvaney, with Republican Rep. Mark Meadows of North Carolina, a shake-up in the top echelons of the West Wing just as the President confronts a growing public health crisis and girds for reelection.

Meadows, who had previously announced he was leaving Congress, will become Trump's fourth chief of staff in a little more than three years in office. In a tweet, Trump did not denote him "acting," a designation Mulvaney never graduated from in the turbulent 14 months he spent in the job.

"I am pleased to announce that Congressman Mark Meadows will become White House Chief of Staff. I have long known and worked with Mark, and the relationship is a very good one," Trump tweeted Friday just after arriving at his Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida.

Trump, who did not immediately offer an explanation for the swap, thanked Mulvaney and said he would become special envoy for Northern Ireland.

6 hours ago, foxbat said:

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

*yawn*

9 hours ago, Irishman said:

Or he could have meant that just because some people do certain things with or for some people of color, it does not erase other things they have done in their history that were racist. 

So once a racist always a racist?

• Disdain 2