Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

3A Rankings

2021 Indiana Football Coaches Association Coaches Poll (Week 2)

3A
1 Gibson Southern (4) 2-0 90
2 Indpls Brebeuf (5) 2-0 85
3 West Lafayette (1) 2-0 82
4 Danville 1-1 65
5 Tri-West 2-0 38
6 Lawrenceburg 1-1 37
7 Western Boone 1-1 32
8 Guerin Catholic 1-1 28
9 FW Concordia 1-1 25
10 Norwell 2-0 15

Others receiving votes:
Calumet 2-0 (10), Southridge 1-1 (9), Mt. Vernon (Posey) 2-0 (9), Mishawaka Marian 0-2 (6), Hanover Central 2-0 (4), Owen Valley 2-0 (3), Brownstown Central 2-0 (1)

1 & 2 could easily flip for most people and of course WL is always to be reckoned with.

what is going on with Mish Marian?  They started the year off ranked very high and now 0-2 unranked?

1 hour ago, Footballking16 said:

Brebeuf has more 1st place votes but ranked 2nd? Hmm

WL is stealing a first place vote, that person could have GS at 2 and BJ at 3.

Some probably have WL at 2 and Brebeuf at 3 in their polls.

Probably no one has GS lower than 2 in if they have Brebeuf at 1.

Only 5 points in the voting systems comes  pretty easily from that,

Saw Mishawaka Marian lose to Mishawaka in week 1 and I don't think that's much of an indictment to be honest.  Not sure any 3A team would beat Mishawaka this year.  Maybe Brebeuf.  Marian couldn't stop Mishawaka's running game at all and really couldn't run that well either.  They did have some success in the air early.  

Losing to Culver Academy in week 2 is a maybe a little more troublesome.  I guess we'll see how that loss stacks up when Culver Academy plays Brebeuf on September 17.  

My top 5:

1.  Brebeuf

2.  West Lafayette

3.  Gibson Southern

4.  Mishawaka Marian

5.  Tri-West

Edited by XStar
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, XStar said:

Saw Mishawaka Marian lose to Mishawaka in week 1 and I don't think that's much of an indictment to be honest.  Not sure any 3A team would beat Mishawaka this year.  Maybe Brebeuf.  Marian couldn't stop Mishawaka's running game at all and really couldn't run that well either.  They did have some success in the air early.  

Losing to Culver Academy in week 2 is a maybe a little more troublesome.  I guess we'll see how that loss stacks up when Culver Academy plays Brebeuf on September 17.  

My top 4:

1.  Brebeuf

2.  West Lafayette

3.  Gibson Southern

4.  Tri-West

This, combined with last week's win over Guerin and Pioneer's struggles in the early going of the season, has LCC peaking into the Top 10 in 2A. 

57 minutes ago, XStar said:

My top 5:

1.  Brebeuf

2.  West Lafayette

3.  Gibson Southern

4.  Mishawaka Marian

5.  Tri-West

I’m hard pressed to say who is No. 1-3 specifically but I think your Top 3 ARE the top 3.  

Random thoughts.  GIbson Southern’s big win over Columbus North looms larger to me with North’s win over Columbus East.  I originally considered West Lafayette’s opening win over Lafayette Jeff significant but now am not so sure after Jeff’s last effort.  Brebeuf is solid and their two wins seem strengthened even more in light of Chatard’s competitive game against Warren Central (as well as their dominating win v. New Pal).

One other thought regarding the upcoming Culver Academy game v. Brebeuf.  They always seem to inexplicably play tough v. Brebeuf.  I generally have Brebeuf a +21 favorite in those games and they are seldom more than a 3-10 point spread.

3A could really be interesting…..again.

• Like 1

My 3A rankings after week 2:

1.  Gibson Southern

2.  Brebeuf

3.  West Lafayette

4.  Danville

5.  Tri-West

6.  Lawrenceburg

7-10 I have no idea.  Western Boone, Guerin Catholic, and Mishawaka Marian all getting upset really threw a wrench into things.  Those are the only spots in the rankings I have no idea how to rank in all 6 classes.  I still think Western Boone has a really good team and will be a tough out in Sectional 28.