Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SAC going to 2 divisions

On 3/18/2022 at 4:57 PM, Robert said:

North Side and Northridge to play week 1 2023 and 2024

Thanks for the update. Looks like a good matchup for both programs.

Edited by BTF
Additional wording

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Blitz said:

https://outsidethehuddle.net/list-of-future-sac-non-conference-opponents/

I have put together a page on Outside the Huddle that has the confirmed non-conference matchups for SAC schools. I will update as I receive new info or see social media posts from official team/school accounts. 

I thought Luers picked up a game against East Noble.

On 4/21/2022 at 12:17 PM, Blitz said:

https://outsidethehuddle.net/list-of-future-sac-non-conference-opponents/

I have put together a page on Outside the Huddle that has the confirmed non-conference matchups for SAC schools. I will update as I receive new info or see social media posts from official team/school accounts. 

Southeast FW having trouble finding games...

7 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Who you talking about, not sure what high school is on SE side of FWA

You're right.  I was wrong!  I grew up SE and still think of where the people in my neighborhood went to school.  I'm not sure where Wayne's boundaries pull from anymore.    There really aren't any SE high schools in FW. .  I guess I was thinking Luers and Wayne.  That might be South and SW.   My mistake.  Covid Fog?  

3 minutes ago, jakone said:

Yes no one has played Harding in years. 😊

Yeah, my bad.  I moved Northeast.  Luers and Wayne...I mean.  I'll see if I can adjust.  Nope, can't delete it.    South East FW kids go to:  Wayne, SS, Northrop, North Side, Concordia, Luers, Dwenger, Snider, and New Haven, Heritage mostly, I'd bet. 

Edited by Robert

On 4/22/2022 at 11:09 AM, NLCTigerFan07 said:

I must have missed the official announcement of Snider and Warsaw playing in 2024. When was that announced? And only a 1 year contract?

Warsaw will be playing Snider (I am assuming at home?) in Week 1 then will be visiting Warren Central in Week 2.

Series begins in 2025. Home and home. Have adjusted the list. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blitz said:

Series begins in 2025. Home and home. Have adjusted the list. 

Gotcha! Thanks! Still - where/when did you see this was announced? I'm not saying it wasn't, I just missed it and haven't found anything official myself. Pumped for the Tigers and Panthers to square off though.

26 minutes ago, Warren Central Warrior said:

I thought Warren Central was scheduled to play Warsaw in 2024 and 2025? Did the Warriors and Tigers back out of the contract early?

No - they are still scheduled to play a home and home in 2024 and 2025.

20 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Gotcha! Thanks! Still - where/when did you see this was announced? I'm not saying it wasn't, I just missed it and haven't found anything official myself. Pumped for the Tigers and Panthers to square off though.

Gotcha. I was wondering about that 

56 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Coaches Tippmann and Curtis have confirmed with me Snider and Warsaw will play. 2025 Week 1 at Snider (Spuller) and 2026 Week 1 @ Warsaw. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Blitz said:

Coaches Tippmann and Curtis have confirmed with me Snider and Warsaw will play. 2025 Week 1 at Snider (Spuller) and 2026 Week 1 @ Warsaw. 

It's wild IMO that these games get scheduled out 3-4 years in advance. Not so much that the schools do that, because I know they need too, to lock in schedule. More so that I'll be close(r) to retirement mode in 4 years. Be interesting to see what Snider can line up beyond that. And great job by Warsaw in lining up these high level games. 

7 minutes ago, psaboy said:

It's wild IMO that these games get scheduled out 3-4 years in advance. Not so much that the schools do that, because I know they need too, to lock in schedule. More so that I'll be close(r) to retirement mode in 4 years. Be interesting to see what Snider can line up beyond that. And great job by Warsaw in lining up these high level games. 

It's no different than Notre Dame scheduling Michigan in 2033. Both teams could stink to high heaven by then. Probably not a good argument since Snider faces larger obstacles than then Irish and Wolverines. Honestly? Snider has been winning for the last 46 years. I doubt that will change much in 3-4 years. 

Yes, Snider has been winning and will reman a team that warrants the talk. A bit concerned about the 29 - 13 record the past 4 years. Haven't seen that 4 year run in some time. JMO, but just doesn't seem like the "good ole" days recently. 

17 hours ago, psaboy said:

Yes, Snider has been winning and will reman a team that warrants the talk. A bit concerned about the 29 - 13 record the past 4 years. Haven't seen that 4 year run in some time. JMO, but just doesn't seem like the "good ole" days recently. 

They had more swagger in the "good ole" days. That's the only difference I can see. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, BTF said:

They had more swagger in the "good ole" days. That's the only difference I can see. 

There was a definite order to the SAC back in the older days.  Was it the Rod Woodson camp?  Was it the neighborhoods that fed in?  Was it the coaching?  Was it intangible?  Are the outside influences making the other teams better?  Elmhurst and Harding exit, Carroll and Homestead enter....  Some sure wins aren't so sure anymore.  

4 hours ago, Robert said:

There was a definite order to the SAC back in the older days.  Was it the Rod Woodson camp?  Was it the neighborhoods that fed in?  Was it the coaching?  Was it intangible?  Are the outside influences making the other teams better?  Elmhurst and Harding exit, Carroll and Homestead enter....  Some sure wins aren't so sure anymore.  

All of the above. Coaching still strong. Neighborhoods taking a slight hit with residents migrating to Carroll and Homestead. Student population down from 2200 to 1800.

The SAC has always been about Snider, Dwenger, and Luers. As the student populations and resources continue to grow at Homestead and Carroll, so will their stronghold on sports in Allen County. The SAC in football is officially a crapshoot between those five programs.