Jump to content

College Football 2022


Muda69
 Share

Recommended Posts

I'll start the 2022 thread with a response to a comment on the (prematurely) closed 2021 thread:

Quote

Both of which we have to deal with at the high school level because they see it in the NCAA - where there has been a consciousdecision not to enforce those rules. For the life of me, I don’t know why.

Because in college you have adults playing, not children like in high school.  Let them make the conscious choice of whether or not they want to take the risk of losing a few of their teeth.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Had to know it was coming.  

Some interesting storylines entering next fall.

1.  Can anyone outside of the SEC (plus OSU/Clemson) break through and win a national championship?

2.  Does Cincinnati once again carry the torch for the group of 5 or does someone else emerge?

3.  Playoff expansion?  Where are we?  Does Cincinnati's (and Michigan's for that matter) end it for the group of 5's chances?

4.  Kelly at LSU, Riley at USC, Venables at USC, Freeman at ND are the four most intriguing coaching hires to me.  How do they fare in year 1?

5.  NIL/the transfer portal.  So much to discuss in this ever evolving ordeal.

 

A trio of publications have released their way too early top 25 rankings.  Many familiar faces.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/college-football-rankings-alabama-ohio-state-lead-way-too-early-top-25-ahead-of-2022-season/

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/32999406/the-2022-way-too-early-college-football-top-25

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/college-football-rankings-2022-alabama-georgia-ohio-state/1xwv347o8dach1qdlgvj0us3og

Edited by temptation
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/12/2022 at 12:09 PM, temptation said:

Had to know it was coming.  

Some interesting storylines entering next fall.

1.  Can anyone outside of the SEC (plus OSU/Clemson) break through and win a national championship?

2.  Does Cincinnati once again carry the torch for the group of 5 or does someone else emerge?

3.  Playoff expansion?  Where are we?  Does Cincinnati's (and Michigan's for that matter) end it for the group of 5's chances?

4.  Kelly at LSU, Riley at USC, Venables at USC, Freeman at ND are the four most intriguing coaching hires to me.  How do they fare in year 1?

5.  NIL/the transfer portal.  So much to discuss in this ever evolving ordeal.

 

A trio of publications have released their way too early top 25 rankings.  Many familiar faces.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/college-football-rankings-alabama-ohio-state-lead-way-too-early-top-25-ahead-of-2022-season/

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/32999406/the-2022-way-too-early-college-football-top-25

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/college-football-rankings-2022-alabama-georgia-ohio-state/1xwv347o8dach1qdlgvj0us3og

I can’t wait to see Riley and Venables fight for HC power at USC. 😉 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, temptation said:

Damn you.  Ronnie is rubbing off on you.

😂  Never. Just giving you a hard time. Love the excellent content you drive here. Keep it up. Thank you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2022 at 7:22 PM, Irishman said:

Brian Kelly is getting a LOT of bad advice. The fake Southern accent was pretty comical to watch, but this? This is just painful

 

Does anyone think he would be doing this sort of thing if he were still at Notre Dame? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, temptation said:

Kelly is a dead man walking.  Kids will see his true colors.  Dude is a phony.

And a complete a**hat to boot.

2 hours ago, Bobref said:

Does anyone think he would be doing this sort of thing if he were still at Notre Dame? 

Now answer the question, WHY he wouldn't or hadn't done that clown routine at ND?  Anyone?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, DE said:

And a complete a**hat to boot.

Now answer the question, WHY he wouldn't or hadn't done that clown routine at ND?  Anyone?

I will chime in…Notre Dame has integrity and principles to their recruiting philosophy…LSU doesn’t.

I sleep well at night with the belief that young adults that walk around on Notre Dame’s campus are still student-athletes no matter how true that may be.  I don’t have the same belief surrounding LSU (or most other universities for that matter).

How’d I do?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, DE said:

And a complete a**hat to boot.

Now answer the question, WHY he wouldn't or hadn't done that clown routine at ND?  Anyone?

Well, one story we already know is that Notre Dame's President, Father John Jenkins.....not the AD mind you, sat Kelly down at one point, maybe in his 2nd season? and told him the short temper and constant yelling thing is not a good representation of the University. It was kind of an or else.....moment for Kelly. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, temptation said:

I will chime in…Notre Dame has integrity and principles to their recruiting philosophy…LSU doesn’t.

I sleep well at night with the belief that young adults that walk around on Notre Dame’s campus are still student-athletes no matter how true that may be.  I don’t have the same belief surrounding LSU (or most other universities for that matter).

How’d I do?

A+

Just now, Irishman said:

Well, one story we already know is that Notre Dame's President, Father John Jenkins.....not the AD mind you, sat Kelly down at one point, maybe in his 2nd season? and told him the short temper and constant yelling thing is not a good representation of the University. It was kind of an or else.....moment for Kelly. 

Yes Sir!  One example why I think he’s an a**hat. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, DE said:

A+

Yes Sir!  One example why I think he’s an a**hat. 

One of plenty.  But it’s sort of funny to watch the same ND fanbase that defended him so adamantly for so long suddenly turn on him so quickly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, temptation said:

One of plenty.  But it’s sort of funny to watch the same ND fanbase that defended him so adamantly for so long suddenly turn on him so quickly.

To our defense, he didn't start acting like a clown until he was hired by LSU.

He's still a great coach. A phony to a degree? Sure. But he'll win at LSU. I don't agree with your "dead man walking" prediction. I hope you're right though after abandoning two different teams before the final game of the season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, BTF said:

To our defense, he didn't start acting like a clown until he was hired by LSU.

He's still a great coach. A phony to a degree? Sure. But he'll win at LSU. I don't agree with your "dead man walking" prediction. I hope you're right though after abandoning two different teams before the final game of the season. 

LOL @ this.

The “snow shoveling” story that went viral when this LSU story broke says otherwise…

Sticking with the under of 3.5 years on this fraud.

Edited by temptation
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, temptation said:

One of plenty.  But it’s sort of funny to watch the same ND fanbase that defended him so adamantly for so long suddenly turn on him so quickly.

So many fan bases are unrealistic and laughable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, BTF said:

To our defense, he didn't start acting like a clown until he was hired by LSU.

He's still a great coach. A phony to a degree? Sure. But he'll win at LSU. I don't agree with your "dead man walking" prediction. I hope you're right though after abandoning two different teams before the final game of the season. 

He acted like a clown at all his stops.  The twitter video w the LSU recruit is just another example of it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, temptation said:

LOL @ this.

The “snow shoveling” story that went viral when this LSU story broke says otherwise…

Sticking with the under of 3.5 years on this fraud.

I think you're still blaming him for that kids death. But that's just me. 

He won at Grand Valley State, Cincinnati, and Notre Dame. He'll win at LSU like it or not. I'll take the over on your 3.5. You keep the receipt though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, DE said:

So many fan bases are unrealistic and laughable.

Fan IS short for fanatic ya know?

But yes, you are correct.  “Kelly was a squeaky clean, high character individual…until he got on a plane to Baton Rouge.”  LOL.

Just now, BTF said:

I think you're still blaming him for that kids death. But that's just me. 

He won at Grand Valley State, Cincinnati, and Notre Dame. He'll win at LSU like it or not. I'll take the over on your 3.5. You keep the receipt though. 

Look up the shoveling story and get back to me.

Its who he’s always been.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...